350's and 190's

noluv

Apr 19, 2004
heard that us is purchasing a350's. how can they get rid of all of the 180's which were making money to purchase these bigger planes? are they going to add carribean and international routes? these do seem to make $$$$. but my main question is what happens to these folks at midatlantic that temporarily are not mainline? do they have rights to work these new planes? also i heard rumors of 190's will they operate these under their secret midatlantic operation so that these decieved people retain their jobs or will these jobs go to amwest?

ok . it seems your a little lost on all this . so i will try my best to explain. the e170's were sold to republic airways (scabs). the midatlantic crews got screwed. the 190 are being "looked at" to join the usairways mainline fleet. meaning that the mainline crews will work these a/c .there will be no division. the a350's will be joining the fleet sometime in 2011. that's a long time from now so i won't beleive it till i see one parked at a-west in phl. i am assuming the a350's will replace the 767's or shall i say the the 330's will replace the 67's and the 350's will be an addition to the widebody fleet. with a range of 8,000 nm . i think you will see the 350's being deployed to some far away markets. asia maybe. who knows. i hope i clearde some of this up. if anyone knows more or can shed some further light into this please do.

They are not scabs, they are not crossing a picket line.

ALPA sold its MDA membership down the river.

i am assuming the a350's will replace the 767's or shall i say the the 330's will replace the 67's and the 350's will be an addition to the widebody fleet.

The A332 will be the replacement for the 767's, while the A350's will be the expansion aircraft.

-fly with US

=========================================================

A-350's ?????????

(meaning no disrespect)

Sorry folks, but when one thinks of destinations like
Hong Kong, Australia, or India etc., "America west AIRWAYS" does'nt come to mind.

NH/BB's
Yeah and the same was said of US Airways before they expanded to 16 European cities and 25 Caribbean destinations.

also i heard rumors of 190's will they operate these under their secret midatlantic operation so that these decieved people retain their jobs or will these jobs go to amwest?
The E-190 if we ever get them was a way to negotiate a very low pay scale for the pilot group verse the AB318 can anybody say jetBlue

Yeah and the same was said of US Airways before they expanded to 16 European cities and 25 Caribbean destinations.

Europeans that I know all refer to the "United States of America" as "the U.S." not "America." I think that is why the "US Airways" brand has been more successful in Europe than its market presence might have otherwise suggested. I mean to say that the name "US Airways" is an asset in Europe. It may be kind of corporate and meaningless here, but in Europe, it's a help. I suspect that that would be true also in Latin America. (Americans in other parts of the Americas don't like calling the United States, "America")

Europeans that I know all refer to the "United States of America" as "the U.S." not "America." I think that is why the "US Airways" brand has been more successful in Europe than its market presence might have otherwise suggested. I mean to say that the name "US Airways" is an asset in Europe. It may be kind of corporate and meaningless here, but in Europe, it's a help. I suspect that that would be true also in Latin America. (Americans in other parts of the Americas don't like calling the United States, "America")

And don't forget, Europeans aren't bombarded by bad press on USAirways like Americans are here in the US. They fly USAirways because of the brand name and the great service.
USAirways would be soo much better off without the media lurking around trying to fill those slow news days!

And don't forget, Europeans aren't bombarded by bad press on USAirways like Americans are here in the US. They fly USAirways because of the brand name and the great service.
USAirways would be soo much better off without the media lurking around trying to fill those slow news days!

AMEN brother. The media are all scum. They LOVE to sensationalize any negativity about anyone or anything. I guess it's the public fault though. They dont WANT to hear good news, that's why Jerry Springer type shows flourish. People want to feel better about themselves and like to see bad about others. Just my opinion. :D B)

AMEN brother. The media are all scum. They LOVE to sensationalize any negativity about anyone or anything. I guess it's the public fault though. They dont WANT to hear good news, that's why Jerry Springer type shows flourish. People want to feel better about themselves and like to see bad about others. Just my opinion. :D B)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Interesting !!

That must be why FOX NEWS NETWORK (Fair and Balanced) keeps so busy.

Fair and Balanced....MY A$$ !!!

NH/BB's

US gets bad press because they don't buy any advertising, so they aren't protected. Now WN on the other hand...