350's and 190's

The delivery of the A350's start in 2011, but when does the supposed delivery of the A330-200's start? I can't remember... do they have 10 on order, and do they have the option to switch them for A330-300's or even A340-300's?

If they are scheduled to be delivered anywhere close to 2011, wouldn't it make more sense to go with the larger A333/A340's and wait for the A350 instead of getting the A330-200's since they are the same size with more range? They would then have twenty of each size. I suspect the age of the 767's is the reason why, but if that is the case, they might be better off leasing a few younger used 767's or A330-200's until 2011 instead of buying.

heard that us is purchasing a350's. how can they get rid of all of the 180's which were making money to purchase these bigger planes? are they going to add carribean and international routes? these do seem to make $$$$. but my main question is what happens to these folks at midatlantic that temporarily are not mainline? do they have rights to work these new planes? also i heard rumors of 190's will they operate these under their secret midatlantic operation so that these decieved people retain their jobs or will these jobs go to amwest?
Actually, US has "finally" admitted that MidAtlantic is(soon to be WAS) mainline US. Now they just need to give all those flight crews their back pay(like that will happen anytime soon) MidAtlantic is basically being taken over by Republic..if you ever get a chance to fly on an EMB-170, look at the right side of the boarding door, it will either say MidAtlantic or Republic. If it is Rupublic they are NOT mainline crews. Only the MidAtlantic crews are mainline. In about 4 or 5 months all the EMB-170's at US will officially be REPUBLIC AIRWAYS(or whatever they call themselves) and they will also be considered USAIRWAYS EXPRESS. As of now..the MidAtlantic flights are not Express, only the Republic flights are Express.
And no..those 190's that will be at US will be mainline and they will not say EXPRESS on the side.

Actually, US has "finally" admitted that MidAtlantic is(soon to be WAS) mainline US. Now they just need to give all those flight crews their back pay(like that will happen anytime soon) MidAtlantic is basically being taken over by Republic..if you ever get a chance to fly on an EMB-170, look at the right side of the boarding door, it will either say MidAtlantic or Republic. If it is Rupublic they are NOT mainline crews. Only the MidAtlantic crews are mainline. In about 4 or 5 months all the EMB-170's at US will officially be REPUBLIC AIRWAYS(or whatever they call themselves) and they will also be considered USAIRWAYS EXPRESS. As of now..the MidAtlantic flights are not Express, only the Republic flights are Express.
And no..those 190's that will be at US will be mainline and they will not say EXPRESS on the side.
Ive heard all the 190 orders were tied up and all delieveries were going to jetblue ?????

THANK YOU FOR INFORMING ME...LIKE I SAID BEFORE I AM LOST. I JUST THINK THAT FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD...IT IS COMPLETE CRAP WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MID. FOLKS. I FEEL FOR YINZ (IN PITTSBURGHEESE). I SINCERELY WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR LIVES. PLEASE STICK IT OUT. YOU ALL WILL EVENTUALLY GET CALLED BACK TO MAINLINE EAST. AS A PASSENGER'S OPINION YOU ALL ARE THE CREAM OF THE CROP. AS A PASSENGER WHO HAS FLOWN ON MANY AIRLINES, I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT "YINZ GUYZ" ARE WORKING, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE FOUND A JOB THAT YOU ENJOY. I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED A RECALL OTHERWISE. DO YOU KNOW.....AND I AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE, HOW MANY PEOPLE WORK JUST TO MAKE THEIR PAY AND ARE ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE? I ENVY YOU! I WOULD LOVE TO ENJOY MY JOB REGUARDLESS OF THE MONEY. AND MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW UNGLAMOUROUS IT IS. AND WHAT YOU DEAL WITH FROM PASSENGERS, NOT TO MENTION YOUR COMPANY. TRY TO ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY! NOLUV

Wow, noluv, I honestly have to say, I don't even know you but you just made my holiday season!!! :) Thank you so much for your kind words. We are hanging in there, and the Midatlantic folks are going to right the wrongs that were done by the company and the unions. Pilots and F/A's both have individual lawsuits regarding the injustices and they WILL prevail! Even after everything we've gone through, I love this job more than anything and people like you are a big reason why! Hope to see you on a flight soon :) All the best to you and yours...

Yours truly,
2out

ps...I love "Pittsburghese" Thanks for the happy trip down memory lane :)

US gets bad press because they don't buy any advertising, so they aren't protected. Now WN on the other hand...

...Slides off the runway in MDW and creates lots of free press. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't take showers upstairs.

Latest posts