4% raise

I wish people wouldn't post our pay rates on a public forum! This discussion should be reserved for in house only. It's nobody's friggin business what we make and I'll leave it at that.
Why not? The pilots get falacious pay rates posted here and in the media every time there is a contract negotiation. Management takes the 2 or 3 highest paid management pilots and use that as the top pay to scew the total pay figures. I find it interesting what the CSA and ramp makes. More power to you, make as much as you can. Unlike most Americans today, I don't begrudge anyone their hard earned pay.

Its public record, your CBA is on the web on various posts. As are pay rates.

In myHR the raise is reflected at 3.9% as oppposed to the contractual amount of 4%. I have relayed this information with my local and as usual....no response. Someone said to me, "A penny...really? You are questioning a penny?" You better believe it. That penny isn't missed by many, except when you consider that if everyone gave the company a penny for each hour they worked over the course of the year the company has received over $600,000....I'm tired of this company profiting from shady practices at the expense of employees....and the union right along side them.

I just checked mine and it was only 3.9%. Calling the local tomorrow to see what they have to say.

i believe the ramp is suppose to get 2% as of Jan 1st, but in my check I had the old pay rate dont know if its because the pay period started last week of dec and ended first week in jan

I can't speak for the other workgroups, but in Fleet any pay raise is effective at the beginning of the first full pay period on or after the relevant date. The check you get this Friday should have the raise included. Don't rely on Workbrain; for some unknown reason the Company slacks off big time getting raises in there, but (with I'm sure an occasional exception) the Company, from what I've heard, has actually been pretty reliable in getting the raises onto the check at the correct time, which is all that really matters.

Customer Services' raise was effective 1/1/11, it was on our 1/14 check. I spoke to the local this morning about the 3.9% increase and was referred to Payroll in PHX. Called and left a message, lets see how long it takes for someone to return my call.

The ramp doesnt get their 2% pay raise until the first full pay period of the new year but benefit deductions and the IAM took their raise out of the first paycheck we received in the new year. Isnt that just lovely.

Heard back from payroll in PHX and it's right, my HR just calculates it differently.
I just checked mine and it was only 3.9%. Calling the local tomorrow to see what they have to say.
Customer Services' raise was effective 1/1/11, it was on our 1/14 check. I spoke to the local this morning about the 3.9% increase and was referred to Payroll in PHX. Called and left a message, lets see how long it takes for someone to return my call.

Is right or not. Did you get the correct raise in your paycheck?
How did you check it and why were you wrong and why is PHX right?
Can you explain the two different outcomes?

Yes, I did get the correct ammount in my check John John.

This is how Tempe splained it to me.....

Right off the bat, deduct the 25 cent Customer Contact from your pay rate and if your a CSS the 57 cent away too.

Lets say the employee has 4 years with the company your making 12.94 per hour. A 4% increase would be 51.7 so they round up to 52 cents bringing your base pay rate up to 13.46 per hour, plus the customer contract and your pay is 13.71 per hour. For some reason myHR takes the customer contact into consideration so it wouldn't show 4% but rather 3.9% or 3.8%

Hope that helps clear anything up.

Back