40 Years

wow. so he worked since he was 20?

Pretty amazing that an airline was able to hire a 20 year old to fly commercial jets in the midst of the conflict (WAR) in southeast Asia. Would have thought that anyone possessing the right stuff to fly for NWA would have also had the right stuff to fly F-4s for Uncle Sam.

So not only is he a scab, he also may have dodged the draft as well.

He must have been real popular with his co-workers (some of whom may have been POWs before they hired on at NW).

I could be mistaken - perhaps he was a Doogie Howser and had already done his tour in Viet Nam/Cambodia/Laos by time he was 20. But I doubt it.

Pretty amazing that an airline was able to hire a 20 year old to fly commercial jets in the midst of the conflict (WAR) in southeast Asia. Would have thought that anyone possessing the right stuff to fly for NWA would have also had the right stuff to fly F-4s for Uncle Sam.

So not only is he a scab, he also may have dodged the draft as well.

He must have been real popular with his co-workers (some of whom may have been POWs before they hired on at NW).

I could be mistaken - perhaps he was a Doogie Howser and had already done his tour in Viet Nam/Cambodia/Laos by time he was 20. But I doubt it.

Or perhaps he was hired by NWA before he served and was given credit for his military time.

AA has a mechanic with 64 years seniority, hired in 1942,at 16, he later served in Korea and returned to AA.

Or perhaps he was hired by NWA before he served and was given credit for his military time.

My guess is this is what happened.

OR he started in another position with the airline, went into the military and received his flight time, and then returned.

OR there was an extreme shortage of pilots at the time (due to them all being involved with military flying), and he was in the right place at the right time.

AA has a mechanic with 64 years seniority, hired in 1942,at 16, he later served in Korea and returned to AA.

This never ceases to amaze me! Does he work the line, or in a hangar oor backshop?

My guess is this is what happened.

OR he started in another position with the airline, went into the military and received his flight time, and then returned.

OR there was an extreme shortage of pilots at the time (due to them all being involved with military flying), and he was in the right place at the right time.
This never ceases to amaze me! Does he work the line, or in a hangar oor backshop?
He works as a Line CC.

Latest posts

Back