5/29 migration relief

Aug 20, 2002
For those of you have access to the latest Migraine Migration Relief newsletter, either in hard copy form or on the Hub, take a look at items 3 and 7 of the "Big 8". How much do you suppose EDS will charge for those staff hours?

When I read it today I could not help but wonder about whether SABRE already had these items. If so, at whatever contract rate we are paying (and we are through lost wages and sales), then how much is actually being saved by this? and better still why has no one paid for the lack of vision and training for this mess?

Havent checked out the latest version yet, but know things are still messed up. Have travel vouchers today, two transactions, me and the agent next to me at the same time, mine priced out and took $0 off and charged the lady the entire amount, the agent next to me entered $100 and it took off $276 or something. Not a clue as to why it isnt working today, but both customers got a nice gift from USAirways. (After the third time trying to get it to issue correctly she got an even exchange on her ticket and the computer gave the other lady her gift.) How much of this is going on systemwide? I'm tired of fighting to get the system to work right. On top of that the lady I had got Manila rez and they booked her to Nashville instead of Asheville even though the lady said she SPELLED the city she was going to because she was having trouble understanding the rez agent. Imagine that...
Also had a problem this week putting a Platinum on the standby list. Said he was added, but pulled it up and not there. Well, I called the help desk and lo and behold they've changed the view options for the standby list (you can see it the "new US way" or the "old HP way". I was looking at it the new way and they werent on the list, however the old way (which the help desk was looking at) had them on the list. Still dont know which way the computer would have cleared them since the FC cabin was full anyway, but what a mess. I'd love to be able to keep a list of transaction failures in a day and post them for everyone to see, but I'm too busy cleaning up the mess and moving the line to document everything that still happens in a day. :down: :angry:

My suggestion for dollar amount off travel vouchers...

Make sure you price it first with the discount and then file the fare of course.

Then ticket it.

When I read it today I could not help but wonder about whether SABRE already had these items.

Yup. Sabre auto re associated e-tkts on the day of dep, ("re-synch" in QIK/SHARES lingo) eliminating the need for the time consuming manual process (more cumbersome in QIK than SABRE, surprise, surprise). The F/A manifest project to make the manifest as useful as it was in Sabre. (And, presumably, without consuming the 50 feet of printer paper that the QIK manifest does.)

Back