60 to 100 new replacement A/C, what type?

Someone from GE (who's providing financing for 25% of the Embraer's) calls the MEC with the message "We're a little uncomfortable with financing so much for US, and want some scope relief so these Embraer's can be flown by US' affiliates".

The MEC, using the logic that "If we don't grant scope relief, GE will take these planes and give them to our competitors", pushes through said relief.

The code-a-phone ends with "Please remember we still have 3,462 pilots on furlough with 37 pilots working at Jets for Jobs carriers."

I would actually think this was funny if it were not so close to the truth....

In addition, with US Airways apparently going to an all Aribus widebody fleet...
With $20M being spent to refurb the 767 interiors, it would seem to me that they'll be around for a while. And with the A350 continually being pushed back, I'm not so sure that we can say with certainty that LCC is putting all it's pennies in them.

I think the topic was refering to replacement aircraft for the 737s. Although I favor the Airbus, it probably would be good to spread things around and get new 737s. BUT, I do believe we will eventually have to cross sabers with management over the EMB-195 with 122 coach seats in it. They will want us to fly them for a rate below group 2 and that would be a serious mistake. If they choose to replace an aircraft then the payrate should be at least equal with what you are parking.

We shouldn't back up any further without a fight.

A320 Driver

If they choose to replace an aircraft then the payrate should be at least equal with what you are parking.

We shouldn't back up any further without a fight.

A320 Driver
What a grand ideal just tell your MEC and committees

Parker did say they were looking at Q300 & 400's to replace the aging TurboProp fleet!! Maybe thats the new Aircraft that are coming...wink wink!!!

This is a VERY intriguing discussion.

First, doesn't the combined US still have 30 Airbus A320 fam deliveries deferred until 2009 or so? (19 from US Airways and 11 from America West, IIRC) Neither bankruptcy nor merger caused those orders to go away, just to be deferred. Are those 30 included in this "new" replacement order?

Also, weren't the 767s recently sold and leased back? How long are those leases? I've heard 8 years, so that means those a/c will be around 'til 2013 or so??? USA is spending a lot of money to refurbish the interiors of those aircraft -- but 2013? A few of those birds are getting to be a bit long in the tooth, already...let's hope this "replacement" order includes something to replace the '67s sooner than 2013... Realistically, the "new" A350 XWB seems to be a bit more a/c than the 767, so the leaves the 787. The -8 version will carry 210 - 250 passengers on routes of 8,000 to 8,500 nautical miles, which is a tad bit more a/c, too, then the 767, but that range seems to open up PHX to Europe markets, PHX to Asia, and even PHL to Asia, I believe... That range is HUGE and opens up A LOT of opportunities not previously considered. In fact, why would US even need to keep around the A330s, if the 787 can do the same job, or better? It's a beautiful aircraft that I don't think Airbus will ever be able to compete with. Many, many executives at US have been heard to say how much they like the 787. What is there not to like about it? But that doesn't mean US is going to order it, necessarily. It's all about the deal, the money, the financing. And, don't forget, too, Northwest already has 787s on order (for all you merger/rumor mongers!)

This is a VERY intriguing discussion.

First, doesn't the combined US still have 30 Airbus A320 fam deliveries deferred until 2009 or so? (19 from US Airways and 11 from America West, IIRC) Neither bankruptcy nor merger caused those orders to go away, just to be deferred. Are those 30 included in this "new" replacement order?

Realistically, the "new" A350 XWB seems to be a bit more a/c than the 767, so the leaves the 787. The -8 version will carry 210 - 250 passengers on routes of 8,000 to 8,500 nautical miles, which is a tad bit more a/c, too, then the 767, but that range seems to open up PHX to Europe markets, PHX to Asia, and even PHL to Asia, I believe... That range is HUGE and opens up A LOT of opportunities not previously considered. In fact, why would US even need to keep around the A330s, if the 787 can do the same job, or better? It's a beautiful aircraft that I don't think Airbus will ever be able to compete with. Many, many executives at US have been heard to say how much they like the 787. What is there not to like about it? But that doesn't mean US is going to order it, necessarily. It's all about the deal, the money, the financing. And, don't forget, too, Northwest already has 787s on order (for all you merger/rumor mongers!)
What happen to the largest aircraft order in airbus history?

any update on the 767 interiors ???
when the E190 coming ????
any more news if there is a 737 order coming up

:up:
any update on the 767 interiors ???
when the E190 coming ????
any more news if there is a 737 order coming up

767 interiors may take a while,heard sometime next year.

Should have 3 by year's end on the E190, then somewhere around one a month

I'm sure the company is going to play all manufacturers against each other for the new order. :up:

Is this one of those "Great minds think alike" kind of things.....

I was just thinking that the 737-900ER would make a good replacement for the non-ETOPS 757's.

- About 190 passengers in a 2-class configuration

- 3200nm range (not as far as the 757 but enough for non-ETOPS needs)

- potentially available in 2008/2009 timeframe (Boeing just rolled out the first one for flight testing)

Jim
That's an airplane I'll never fly for sure ! If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. A 737 is a 737 no matter where you are in the cabin. It does'nt matter what series it is. A flight attendant nightmare

That's an airplane I'll never fly for sure ! If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. A 737 is a 737 no matter where you are in the cabin. It does'nt matter what series it is. A flight attendant nightmare

The 737 doesn't like pigs with lipstick flying in it either.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! Actually the 737 is a beautiful airplane.. Just because we have too many people crammed into them and they were not set up by the company to be flight attendant friendly does not mean it's a pig. Look at Southwest's or ATA's or Continental's, they are beautiful and comfortable. Actually the USAir 733's are like Lincoln Town Cars compared to the AWA 37's. It's just how the individual company sets them up.

"At the quarterly Labor Coalition Meeting, senior management informed us that they will embark on a six-month program to look at ordering 60 to 100 airplanes from Boeing and/or Airbus to replace older B737s/757s and A320s/319s whose leases end within the next five years. The order is expected be a replacement order as the mainline fleet plan seems flat for some time," Baker said.
737-900er is my guess
:shock:

Back