747 in SAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.

NW does the flying for several NFL teams using 757's, A330's & 747's

The biggest scheduled A/C into SAn is either an A320, or 757 depending on the time of year...
I used to work the Raiders charters in OAK. They were either the DC-10's or 747-200. Great food leftover! Shrimp platters, filet mignon, fresh fruit trays...very nice.

I also used to work the NBA charters (727 with 20+ seat config). The story's from the F/A's about the money that was gambled on those NBA flights are amazing. They talked of seeing $20k on the table (poker game) on those NBA flights.

I used to work the Raiders charters in OAK. They were either the DC-10's or 747-200. Great food leftover! Shrimp platters, filet mignon, fresh fruit trays...very nice.

I also used to work the NBA charters (727 with 20+ seat config). The story's from the F/A's about the money that was gambled on those NBA flights are amazing. They talked of seeing $20k on the table (poker game) on those NBA flights.

The NBA ones were always a good gig... I especially enjoyed the "I-5" flights (eg. SEA/SMF/OAK/LAX-PDX), since they were still fully catered, even though the flights weren't as long.. That usually equated to lots of good food for the rest of us.

A few thoughts about the NBA teams:

1. The Kings always tipped us.

2. The Pacers always had the 1st & 2nd year guys help us get bags/equip. from the bus to the belt.

3. The Grizzlies *always* (and I mean always) left something behind on the inbound A/C.

4. After 9/11, I learned that Allen Iverson doesn't carry ID, 'cause "everyone know who Allen Iverson is" (that was his quote to a TSA employee)...

Vittles aside, I'm glad they brought the NBA charters back; that's a consistant revenue stream that we can certainly use.

The NBA ones were always a good gig... I especially enjoyed the "I-5" flights (eg. SEA/SMF/OAK/LAX-PDX), since they were still fully catered, even though the flights weren't as long.. That usually equated to lots of good food for the rest of us.

A few thoughts about the NBA teams:

1. The Kings always tipped us.

2. The Pacers always had the 1st & 2nd year guys help us get bags/equip. from the bus to the belt.

3. The Grizzlies *always* (and I mean always) left something behind on the inbound A/C.

4. After 9/11, I learned that Allen Iverson doesn't carry ID, 'cause "everyone know who Allen Iverson is" (that was his quote to a TSA employee)...

Vittles aside, I'm glad they brought the NBA charters back; that's a consistant revenue stream that we can certainly use.
I remember doing a SF Giants charter. I was in the jetway waiting as the crew was coming off. The team manager informed the station manager that we were not to address MR. Bonds or ask for any autographs, if so, we would be asked to leave. The crews said he was a real piece of work.

I'm glad I never had to deal with that nonsense. Iverson's outburst was far and away the worst I saw.... Sure, some guys were aloof, and if you knew someone had a bad game you gave them a wide berth, but for the most part, the were pretty cool. Of course, we weren't hounding them for autographs or jerseys or anything...

Also, I forgot to mention earlier how much I dug the fact that they had Hawaiian Punch and Power bars onboard!

My "ideal" post charter meal:

Cheese off the tray (w/crackers)
Fruit platter stuff (or an orange if there wasn't one left)
Pringles
Power bar
Hawaiian Punch or Dr. Pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.