A Bigger Plan?

Vikedog64

Senior
Jan 29, 2003
Just food for thought. I believe that there is a bigger plan here. Jerry said that there will be 1-3 major carriers in the near future. There is no doubt that any airline will stand on its own. I believe that DAL will sell the regionals to operate for awhile, possibly enter Chapter 11, reduce some debt and then a blockbuster merger with 2-3 companies under a private investor, possibly Texas Pacific Group, a group that Jerry is closely tied to. It would be a tough sell to the DOJ/DOT but the alternative would be devestating to the economy. No airline can afford major asset sales, so in my mind that is a non issue. I believe this plan has been set in motion as soon as Jerry got here.

Vikedog64 said:
Just food for thought. I believe that there is a bigger plan here. Jerry said that there will be 1-3 major carriers in the near future. There is no doubt that any airline will stand on its own. I believe that DAL will sell the regionals to operate for awhile, possibly enter Chapter 11, reduce some debt and then a blockbuster merger with 2-3 companies under a private investor, possibly Texas Pacific Group, a group that Jerry is closely tied to. It would be a tough sell to the DOJ/DOT but the alternative would be devestating to the economy. No airline can afford major asset sales, so in my mind that is a non issue. I believe this plan has been set in motion as soon as Jerry got here.
[post="254656"][/post]​
Correction.. There is no doubt that any airline will not stand on its own. Sorry for the misprint..