A Hub Once More

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
Sitting in PIT right now. Looks as if many west coast and trans atlantic flights that weren't cancelled going into PHL have diverted to PIT. MAN & MUN are here, and flights from SAN, SFO are also here. Nice to see the 330 back in PIT.

Not enough gates for the A/C. Looks as if US is using A gates for the big planes again. Memories of yesteryear.

A true sign of the PHL patheticness.

ISP said:
Sitting in PIT right now. Looks as if many west coast and trans atlantic flights that weren't cancelled going into PHL have diverted to PIT. MAN & MUN are here, and flights from SAN, SFO are also here. Nice to see the 330 back in PIT.

Not enough gates for the A/C. Looks as if US is using A gates for the big planes again. Memories of yesteryear.

[post="241505"][/post]​

Are they just leaving passengers there or are there enough diversions to actually connect folks back on through to final destinations? Do they add flights if needed/possible to ferry passengers and crew for the mornings? What a fascinating ballet

Heinrich said:
Are they just leaving passengers there or are there enough diversions to actually connect folks back on through to final destinations? Do they add flights if needed/possible to ferry passengers and crew for the mornings? What a fascinating ballet
[post="241512"][/post]​
I work in the tower in Pit,when I left at 18:30,there were 11 planes diverted from PHL, and 9 more were inroute. When will the morons who run this operation relaize that the airport in PIT Never is shut down , and has the runways that are accesible in all kinds of weather.

When will the morons who run this operation relaize that the airport in PIT Never is shut down , and has the runways that are accesible in all kinds of weather.

In the almost 20 years I have been at PIT, the only time I recall the airport actually shutting down for snow was during the blizzard of 93'. There might be those rare times where visibility would stop operations...but no extended shutdowns I can remember. PIT has some of the finest snow removal ops in the industry. Also, maybe someone flying international can answer this....would the extra 25 minutes or so of flight time from PIT(vs PHL) exclude any of our European destinations..because of fuel? I realize the inbound planes diverted to PIT were possibly using alternate or reserve fuel. I agree with you. PHL just does not work. Best. Greeter.

Almost everyone at Usair holds on to the past. PIT is history. PHL and CLT is where it's at. Good or bad. Change is the only constant in the airline industry. Get used to it. And by the way......Mother nature is to blame for this one..........Time to move forward. For those of you who HATE this company so damn much......please leave already. Your stay is no longer welcome. Those of us who care are fighting the fight.

Worth more? Educate yourself out of this place-you call HELL! :angry:

ISP said:
[post="241505"][/post]​
I don't understand this thinking.

Today PHL had a major snowstorm. PIT didn't. So PHL is messed up, and PIT is not.

Next week, PIT could have a major snowstorm, messing it up and causing diversions, while PHL may not.

Granted, on average, PHL is more messed up than PIT. But today PHL is dealing with an anomaly.

ACrazy8 said:
Almost everyone at Usair holds on to the past. PIT is history. PHL is where it's at. Good or bad. Change is the only constant in the airline industry. Get used to it. And by the way......Mother nature is to blame for this one..........Time to move forward. For those of you who HATE this company so damn much......please leave already. Your stay is no longer welcome. Those of us who care are fighting the fight.
Worth more? Educate yourself out of this place-you call HELL! :angry:
[post="241526"][/post]​
You are really funny :lol: HAHAHA , NOW get a life!!! :shock:

Walmartgreeter said:
When will the morons who run this operation relaize that the airport in PIT Never is shut down , and has the runways that are accesible in all kinds of weather.

In the almost 20 years I have been at PIT, the only time I recall the airport actually shutting down for snow was during the blizzard of 93'.
[post="241523"][/post]​
And to build on to my previous post ...

PIT never shuts down? Or did it shut down in 1993?

On another thread someone said this is the first time since 1996 that PHL shut down. That's not too shabby either.

ISP said:

[post="241505"][/post]​

Yeah I bet it was a sight to see. I remember when they started putting tents and stairs on the ends of the jet way so people could walk out to their Rat Jet.

Not only is PIT a better airport to operate out of, they also have labor with a much better work ethic.

They will make Phl work no matter what the cost!!!!! After all U management just has to return to the employee "giveback" bank. :down:

AP Tech said:
They will make Phl work no matter what the cost!!!!! After all U management just has to return to the employee "giveback" bank. :down:
[post="241537"][/post]​

It's not that bad yet <_< They can still screw furloughees out of severence; That'll tide them over till concessions round 4.

Back