A Hub Once More

BoeingBoy said:
My anecodal evidence suggests that no hub has 100% O&D in the international markets - having passengers worry about making international connections on my flights to PHL is proof enough for me that PHL O&D provides something less than 100% of the passengers for the international flights. Where does the majority of the international traffic come from? I certainly don't know.

Jim
[post="241934"][/post]​

I'll second that from having to work international misconnects when PHL is a mess. Some days our prime connecting flights can have up to 60 or 70 international connections on them (these are mainly the 215 and 450 depts). I've also seen many many times MCO has international connections in the same range or even more on their PHL flights. I have nothing concrete to provide data, but from looking at the PCD (passengers connecting downline list) that PHL very often has a high number of connecting international passengers. Of course this will vary by day, date and destination if there is a large group traveling from PHL. I also know that we DO take people to PHL to connect to AF/BA/LH on an almost daily basis.

Back