A million miles and all I got was a stupid piece of paper.

phlus2

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Last year, I reached the lifetime million miles mark on USAirways. My reward - a computer generated certificate! Gee - thanks so much.

Now had I been flying on United all those years - my reward would have been lifetime Premier Executive status - along with several system wide upgrades every year for the rest of my life. And - on top of that - United has just added rewards for the two and three million lifetime miles levels.

Just another example of how Tempe just doesn't get the value of the frequent high yeild customer. It would cost them nothing to give lifetime status to a person who flew a million miles - yet would do so much to build loyalty and incent people to continue to fly on US for the rest of their life. Go figure!

Even hotel companies are getting in on the act - I was just awarded lifetime Silver Elite status from Marriott. Not really a huge deal, but certainly will make me think about staying at a Marriott hotel for the rest of my life when I travel.

But I digress - this is US - and it is just a pipe dream that the folks in Tempe would be this creative.

Well all you FF complain, I mean if you dont like the food or service at a restaurant do you go back and eat there again?

Simple way to cure your ills is dont fly US anymore if the service levels dont meet your expectations, is it apparent Tempe doesnt care.

Last year, I reached the lifetime million miles mark on USAirways. My reward - a computer generated certificate! Gee - thanks so much.

Now had I been flying on United all those years - my reward would have been lifetime Premier Executive status - along with several system wide upgrades every year for the rest of my life. And - on top of that - United has just added rewards for the two and three million lifetime miles levels.

Just another example of how Tempe just doesn't get the value of the frequent high yeild customer. It would cost them nothing to give lifetime status to a person who flew a million miles - yet would do so much to build loyalty and incent people to continue to fly on US for the rest of their life. Go figure!

Even hotel companies are getting in on the act - I was just awarded lifetime Silver Elite status from Marriott. Not really a huge deal, but certainly will make me think about staying at a Marriott hotel for the rest of my life when I travel.

But I digress - this is US - and it is just a pipe dream that the folks in Tempe would be this creative.

Congrats!!! :D By the way, did you use to be a FF on HP or US? That is a huge accomplishment. IF this company can't see it, I can! Thank You! How many free tickets are you awarded now? :up:

Well I myself will NOT tell a FF to take their business elsewhere as THEY my friends are THE bread and butter that keeps the $H!TTY wheels of this machine spinning. With that being said I would think at this point that a FF would finally realize that NOTHING you say will strike an idea in their head to treat the FF any better. It is what it is and though sad is reality. They don't care about the employees regardless of how swayed some might be through personal conversation with any management official. They surely don't care about their FF's either. That is obvious. Until you book away and take your money elsewhere and stay here out of convenience or any other reason you come up with the bean counters in Tempe see ONE thing and ONE thing only.... YOUR MONEY. That is all this management team knows....MONEY. Until you take your business elsewhere to SHOW your displeasure you will endure the pain. I say the same for anyone working here.

Well all you FF complain, I mean if you dont like the food or service at a restaurant do you go back and eat there again?

Simple way to cure your ills is dont fly US anymore if the service levels dont meet your expectations, is it apparent Tempe doesnt care.

For the first tme ever I totally agree with your post

Here's a problem with all of this. Many of us longtime East flyers received "Million Mile" recognition luggage tags in '95 or '96, however Tempe doesn't recognize that. So, even though some of us have earned 2M or more miles in the DM program, it's not the way Tempe sees it. They only want to count butt-in-seat miles, where most of us now come up short of 1M, not that it means squat. Longterm brand loyalty means nothing to the folks in the ClayPot... and with the changes they've made to DM in the last two years, no one wants to give them long term loyalty anymore. Why do you think they've had to resort to tactics like letting one "buy elite status" to bring in the newbies who don't know any better? Suckers. :rolleyes:

See folks there is a problem and the problem is for those of you who scream.

If I buy a ticket on US Airways that means to me I've earned the right to voice any opinion I choose.

See post #11

No you were given that right by the people that came before you.

No problem. See post #5

I can read.

So, let me ask this question, since it seems you have all the answers PayParity. Which ends up hurting the company more, a FF taking his business elsewhere or continuing to fly the airline, but only on fares less than the CASM? Granted, I've always been a true cockroach since I pay for my fares out of my pocket as opposed to some here who have corporate entities funding their travel and thus have more freedom in spending on higher fares. I know PineyBob's company's travel dept thinks a lot like me, do things as inexpensively as possible... and Bob adds the convenience factor into it too, as do I, and thus US becomes the answer more times than not. However, why would any of us continue to fly US if there's no real reasons to do so. They've cut down DM, they've cut FC amenities, they've cut the quality of the IT, so doesn't it make sense to only fly US when they are the lowest cost option out there? If the others are close in cost, there becomes choices.

So, PayParity, is it better for Bob, myself and others to continue to fly US when we do so inexpensively... or should we just move along? (I hope you know there is no right or wrong answer to this question, so everyone please debate away, but let's look at things like this... if you were someone seated highly in the SandCastle, how would you answer it? How would you want Bob and I and other FFers to respond given the new mantra of LCC is "The Airline of Choice"?)

I hope you know there is no right or wrong answer to this question, so everyone please debate away...
I like what you've had to say.

I'd like to speculate a little bit and then see what you think.

I've wondered what HQ has been trying to do with the FFs, it seems they have been talking out of both sides of their mouth.

I think that they see more money through the "buying" of status method vs. the actual "butt in seat" method. The pool is expanded greatly (much to the detriment of FFs like you and PB) with an additional revenue stream. Just a guess and not to be insulting but they may see current FF benefits as too costly.

I know that each group lobby's for their particular position (which is only to be expected) however I would wager that the current idea of FF benefits will/has become a thing of the past. If this sticks at LCC it may become more common (see second bag fee) in the future.

What do you think?

The FFers of ANY carrier, should be treated with some EXTRA respect, for obvious reasons.

I POSITIVE , if FFers like Piney, realistically had a choice to CHANGE carriers he WOULD.
I sure others are "chained" to the same boat, due to where they reside.

For ALL of you dissatisfied LCC FFers, I only wish that AA realistically could fill you're "VOIDS"(Obviously PHL, with it's restricted PHL schedule doesn't fit).

Parker/Tempe are WOEFULLY INADEQUATE !!