A President all alone.

Garfield1966

Veteran
Apr 7, 2003
Texas
Robert Novak (a radical left wing commie liberal) wrote this in his Op Ed piece.

With nearly two years remaining in his presidency, George W. Bush is alone. In half a century, I have not seen a president so isolated from his own party in Congress -- not Jimmy Carter, not even Richard Nixon as he faced impeachment.

Full Article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7032500912.html

And then there is his former top stategist who has also bailed on the W dream.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/01/washingt...amp;oref=slogin

Man, this is going to be the longest 2 years George ever spent in office. His own party is rejecting him. That's just sad. LOL!

And then there is his former top stategist who has also bailed on the W dream.

What would one expect of a turncoat Dem anyway....

With nearly two years remaining in his presidency, George W. Bush is alone. In half a century, I have not seen a president so isolated from his own party in Congress -- not Jimmy Carter, not even Richard Nixon as he faced impeachment.

Bush sticks by his convictions and doesn't govern by the poll like Clinton,Kerry and such.

Robert Novak (a radical left wing commie liberal) wrote this in his Op Ed piece.

Just an asswhole Democrat...

Novak is a registered Democrat despite his right-leaning views, principally so he can vote in the District of Columbia Democratic primary. He held more centrist views in his early career; indeed, he supported the Democratic presidential candidacies of John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson, with whom he was a friend.[1]

Today, Novak tends toward low-tax small-government conservative views, but his disagreements with mainstream Republicans and neoconservatives have earned him the label of being a "paleoconservative."

Novak converted to Catholicism in 1998.

In 2003, he identified Valerie Plame as a CIA "operative" in his column. Novak reported the information was provided to him by two "senior administration officials." These were eventually revealed to be Richard Armitage and Karl Rove.

Man I get a kick out of your direly gloomy day to day glum posts....Does the sun ever shine at AA?

Last time I checked, the POTUS is a civil servant. He is elected by the people to do a job FOR the people. He damn well better look at the pols and listen to the people if he wants to get anything done. His own party is turning on him, not to mention the public who elected him to office.

The sun is shining just fine over here. Bush is screwing up at every turn, the rats are jumping ship. I'm having a blast.

No comment about Novak? What a surprise.

Clinton wouldn't take a dump unless a focus group saw it was good...Bush does what he's mandated to do whether you like it or not...

The sun is shining just fine over here. Bush is screwing up at every turn, the rats are jumping ship. I'm having a blast.

Nance is doing ok too..... :lol:

Maybe Bush ought to do Nance.....

Bush does what he's mandated to do whether you like it or not...
50.9% in 2004 is hardly a mandate...but what is a mandate....according to the dictionary it is
A command or an authorization given by a political electorate [/i]to its representative.[/i]
When 50.9% gave him his "mandate" to further screw up the middle east...and now 70% tell their representative that they don't really agree with what he is doing...isn't he shirking his responsiblity? It's something he seems very able to do...witness his National Guard duty.

Like KC said, Bush has a mandate from an over whelming majority of the people to bring the troops home. Hs is ignoring the mandate to his and his parties peril. At the rate things are going, your party will have a very hard time of it in 2008. Then again, that's fine by me so Bush can keep ignoring the people. The results will be very favorable for the Dems come 2008.

I guess that's why reps are jumping ship. They know that they are betting on the wrong dog.

Gee, politicians following polls. Go figure. You think Rove and party don't follow the polls? Read the NY Times link. That guys was hired because he was the best at reading the polls.

The only bad thing about Bush leaving will the lack of jokes for humorists.

BTW, when is the last time this many retired military personnel have come out against their CIC? I cannot recall a single time when generals have come out and said that the Pentegon (Rumsfeld) and the Admin had no clue what they were doing.

It's the funniest damn thing I have ever seen and heard.

Better check your sources...Nance and Abescam Murtha were on their high horse to pull out and Americans said it wasn't a good idea...After that both toned down their crap.
I had the polling..think it was on Gar's unapproved list :lol:

You actually think some peckerhead Dem's are going to change everything?
We run from Iraq too soon,no one will trust us again on our committments.
Already one can see our country and Britain are paper tigers.
If anything at all,the Dems will run it into the ground for good...take that to the bank ;)
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see neither party has our or our country's best interests at heart.

Only thing that matters is taking back the White House in 08.....and already America is seeing the old Democratic party doing what it did in the past.....nothings changed..people are already realizing they wasted their votes.

So are you saying you have sources that show a majority of this country support the on going war in Iraq? Are you saying you have sources that show Bush has wide spread support in this country?

I'm soooooooooo confused.

Then what the hell is your point? I am saying that republicans are bailing out of a burning plane. Bush is getting hammered from every side. Military personnel are coming out of the wood work to say that Rumsfeld was incompetent and should have been canned years ago. Bush had no plan for after Sadam was ousted. Gonzales was not forth coming to Congress and some Republicans are really pissed about that. The American people as a whole are tired of the incompetence of the administration in executing the war. Kissenger has come out and said it's a F'ed up deal.

The longer Bush drags out Iraq the worse it will be for the republicans in 2008 which really sucks to be quite honest. We can all see the mess we are in having 2 branches of government under the control of one party. I was actually hoping that the Republicans would keep the White House. That way when the next POTUS pulls out of Iraq and it implodes, it will be the republican fault. Then there is that checks and balances thing that is also kind of nice.

So, what the hell are you saying.

Then what the hell is your point? I am saying that republicans are bailing out of a burning plane. Bush is getting hammered from every side. Military personnel are coming out of the wood work to say that Rumsfeld was incompetent and should have been canned years ago. Bush had no plan for after Sadam was ousted. Gonzales was not forth coming to Congress and some Republicans are really pissed about that. The American people as a whole are tired of the incompetence of the administration in executing the war. Kissenger has come out and said it's a F'ed up deal.

The longer Bush drags out Iraq the worse it will be for the republicans in 2008 which really sucks to be quite honest. We can all see the mess we are in having 2 branches of government under the control of one party. I was actually hoping that the Republicans would keep the White House. That way when the next POTUS pulls out of Iraq and it implodes, it will be the republican fault. Then there is that checks and balances thing that is also kind of nice.

So, what the hell are you saying.
I agree what your saying!

Just one of my post was deleted for what I do not know.

We can all see the mess we are in having 2 branches of government under the control of one party. I was actually hoping that the Republicans would keep the White House. That way when the next POTUS pulls out of Iraq and it implodes, it will be the republican fault. Then there is that checks and balances thing that is also kind of nice.

Good point....Nance and Hillary and Sweden style taxation to fix all the worlds ills? :lol:

Not to mention those nasty terrorists at the new Sandals Resort we helped them build in greater Iraq after we cut and run...Murthaland...Pelosiworld :eek:

Good point....Nance and Hillary and Sweden style taxation to fix all the worlds ills? :lol:

Not to mention those nasty terrorists at the new Sandals Resort we helped them build in greater Iraq after we cut and run...Murthaland...Pelosiworld :eek:

You are starting to act like 700. Responding with things that seem to have no bearing on the conversation at hand.