AA and US Merge?

Apr 11, 2010
Since AA stock is below market standard and if they fill BK, would US buy AA? Any thought? only US and AA is a good match since DL/NW, CO/UA, WN/FL is taking and done. Wonder if Doug would try a second attempt to take over AA like DL once they filled for BK? History repeat it self?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveschaefer/2010/10/11/with-more-airline-mergers-on-the-runway-american-could-be-next/

There’s also pressure on U.S. Airways, which “has an out-of-whack cost structure” and tried to buy Delta out of bankruptcy in 2007.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveschaefer/2010/10/11/with-more-airline-mergers-on-the-runway-american-could-be-next/

There’s also pressure on U.S. Airways, which “has an out-of-whack cost structure” and tried to buy Delta out of bankruptcy in 2007.
Your a complete douche. You post a article from 2010 that we have already seen 10 times.

Go crawl back under your rock.....

Since AA stock is below market standard and if they fill BK, would US buy AA? Any thought? only US and AA is a good match since DL/NW, CO/UA, WN/FL is taking and done. Wonder if Doug would try a second attempt to take over AA like DL once they filled for BK? History repeat it self?
That might happen the day APPLE buys Sprint..........

No need for a USair/AA merger. AA had a substantial domestic and intl structure. After bankruptcy rapes the employees further, screws the the creditors and shareholders, AA will once again be profitable IN SPITE of its current inept management!

I could picture Arpey's bankruptcy filing letter to employees now....FELLOW EMPLOYEES, THESE ARE OH SO DIFFICULT TIMES......WE MUST ALL SHARE THE PAIN....OH, I SAID THAT ALREADY........HEHEHEHHEHEHEHE.......AHEM.........SORRY....WE MUST ALL SHARE THE PAIN ONCE AGAIN.......HEHEHEHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAA....EXCUSE ME...HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAROFLMAO.............I'M SORRY..........HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEEHEH(COUGH COUGH) ......AHEM,......................................ANYWAY.........HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WARNING .... If your pension ends up in the hands of the PBGC via BK, my Senator servers on the PBGC comity and he looked me in the eye several months ago and told me that the PBGC is not solvent ... broken. Just like Medicare and Social Security. Good luck guys.

No need for a USair/AA merger. AA had a substantial domestic and intl structure. After bankruptcy rapes the employees further, screws the the creditors and shareholders, AA will once again be profitable IN SPITE of its current inept management!

I could picture Arpey's bankruptcy filing letter to employees now....FELLOW EMPLOYEES, THESE ARE OH SO DIFFICULT TIMES......WE MUST ALL SHARE THE PAIN....OH, I SAID THAT ALREADY........HEHEHEHHEHEHEHE.......AHEM.........SORRY....WE MUST ALL SHARE THE PAIN ONCE AGAIN.......HEHEHEHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAA....EXCUSE ME...HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAROFLMAO.............I'M SORRY..........HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEEHEH(COUGH COUGH) ......AHEM,......................................ANYWAY.........HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'd love to "Share the Pain" with Arpey and his buddies ...

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/11267725/1/american-ripe-for-takeover-is-us-airways-looking.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Merge? seem like the media is all over it.

"The problem for a company in bankruptcy court, he said, is that those companies turn over control to the judge. "Bad things happen to companies in bankruptcy," he said. "If there is an economic downturn, or if fuel prices go way up, you can burn through your cash quickly and you will need someone to bail you out."

In a report issued Tuesday morning, McAdoo upgraded AMR shares to market outperform from underperform and set a price target of $6.50. He said the market cap fell Tuesday to 3% of revenue, a number it approached only in 2003, when bankruptcy seemed close, and in 2009, amid the financial market collapse. By contrast, Delta's market cap is 17% of revenue, United's market cap is 18% of revenue, and AMR was at similar levels as recently as last year. "

this could be true if AA is running LOW

AMR's problem right now is its low stock price -- well below what the company is actually worth in my opinion. When I looked yesterday, AMR had a market cap less than US and less than B6 -- that makes it ripe for a hostile takeover, if an airline somewhere (whether that's US or someone else) could find financing. I doubt it would happen but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

AMR's problem right now is its low stock price -- well below what the company is actually worth in my opinion. When I looked yesterday, AMR had a market cap less than US and less than B6 -- that makes it ripe for a hostile takeover, if an airline somewhere (whether that's US or someone else) could find financing. I doubt it would happen but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

No, it defies all logic. AA's costs are substantially higher than the costs at US. Barring a miracle, it will take a trip thru bankruptcy to reduce those costs. Who would spend money to buy the current AMR stock and then file Ch 11? The bankruptcy would mean that the unsecured creditors would get the new stock upon confirmation of the plan of reorg. That means that US would not own AMR. How does that fit into any realm of possibility?

No, it defies all logic. AA's costs are substantially higher than the costs at US. Barring a miracle, it will take a trip thru bankruptcy to reduce those costs. Who would spend money to buy the current AMR stock and then file Ch 11? The bankruptcy would mean that the unsecured creditors would get the new stock upon confirmation of the plan of reorg. That means that US would not own AMR. How does that fit into any realm of possibility?
:rolleyes: ------- Maybe US will buy AA's assets out of bankruptcy!!! Now wouldn't that be something!!!

AMR's problem right now is its low stock price -- well below what the company is actually worth in my opinion. When I looked yesterday, AMR had a market cap less than US and less than B6 -- that makes it ripe for a hostile takeover.

Just because AMRs shares are selling for a very low price that doesnt mean that the majority of shares are available for sale at that price.

Latest posts

Back