AA Checkerboard System - merged posts

1 VF-1 2NV

Advanced
Mar 12, 2006
So MCI, PHL, AUS , PHX, ATL will go to the checkerboard system in April. Does anyone know what other stations will implement this system later in the year? I know LAS may do it in September or October.

Also, the stations that will do it in APril, I'd like to hear how it is impacting the operation (the results) from you FSC, Agents, CC, Planners. Thanks.

Many stations have some form of Checkerboard in place by September, with the remainder to have it by next April. Not sure when it goes into the hubs, but it should be systemwide by September 2007.

Can't wait to see it work in PHL, if for no other reason than for Bears to see it happen.

Starts in PHX On Monday but on Sat/Sun checkerboard manning with old flight schedule. Should be an interesting weekend.

So MCI, PHL, AUS , PHX, ATL will go to the checkerboard system in April. Does anyone know what other stations will implement this system later in the year? I know LAS may do it in September or October.

Also, the stations that will do it in APril, I'd like to hear how it is impacting the operation (the results) from you FSC, Agents, CC, Planners. Thanks.

SAN

Many stations have some form of Checkerboard in place by September, with the remainder to have it by next April. Not sure when it goes into the hubs, but it should be systemwide by September 2007.

Can't wait to see it work in PHL, if for no other reason than for Bears to see it happen.

===========================================================

"E",

The city of "brotherly LOVE" should be VERY Interesting to watch, although PHL is a smaller operation than BOS/LGA/JFK/EWR, therefore making it easier for management to impliment.

BDL, which I can attest to, has never heard or understood the term "Intestinal Fortitude", WILL fall "Right in line"

"E", as you WELL KNOW, this "TEST" experiment is falsely termed !! The braintrust in HDQ has ALREADY "Annointed" this CRAP as "IT WILL WORK", or "MAKE IT WORK" !!

All their doing now, is going through the motions,hoping that (A LOT OF) people will STUPIDLY believe that this (so called) Experiment stands a 50/50 chance of being "withdrawn" by management !!

Care to PROVE me wrong ??

NH/BB's

Hey, I've got a GREAT Idea for the "checkerboard" system.

In JFK,lets put to 777's side by side(gate to gate), a LHR and the NRT, with 4 container loaders, and two jetveyors, all running at the same time !

The "1" guy on the ground(mabey the CC) can "RUN" back and forth, trying to BUDGE those "pesky" freight PALLETS off the Ramp dollies, Then stick a BROOM up his A$$, so he can sweep up FOD.

Checkerboard ??
CHECKERBOARD MY A$$ !!! :down: :down: :down:

"The Job You SAVE, May be Your OWN" !!!

"Work safely...VERY SAFELY" !!!

NH/BB's

In JFK,lets put to 777's side by side(gate to gate), a LHR and the NRT, with 4 container loaders, and two jetveyors, all running at the same time !

The "1" guy on the ground(mabey the CC) can "RUN" back and forth, trying to BUDGE those "pesky" freight PALLETS off the Ramp dollies, Then stick a BROOM up his A$$, so he can sweep up FOD.

NH/BB's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear that a particular station that initiated this checkerboard system has problems :up: . And that some stations that were to checkerboard this year will delay it till next year :lol: .

Checkerboard ??

NH/BB's

Don't laugh!

That's what the PLI is all about!

We aren't doing a checkerboard here, but we are burning through overtime at an amazing clip.

AM guys get 4+ every afternoon,and there is day off work being thrown around like there is no tommorow.

The crews dont seem to like it to much, we've already had situations where the captain is not accepting an aircraft until it is cleaned properly.

Funny to read the company wondering about sixth place finishes in Survey America but not letting us clean the aircraft properly.

Checkerboard ??

NH/BB's
NHBB, you and I usually agree on things, but evidently you don't know what you are talking about here. The whole point of the checkerboard plan is that you would NEVER have two a/c at adjoining gates being handled by the same crew. The reason it is called a checkerboard is because if you plot the gate schedules on a piece of paper it looks like a checkerboard.
0700-0735---0735-0810--0810-0845--
Gate 1---flt 2--------empty-------flt 4
Gate 2---empty--------flt 3-------empty
Gate 3---flt 5--------empty-------flt 7
Gate 4---empty--------flt 6-------empty
and so on and so forth. One crew would be assigned to gates 1 and 2 and another crew would work gates 3 and 4. One crew is responsible for 2 gates, but one of them is always empty. You don't have 10 crews sitting around for 2 hours then working their butts off because 15 flights all arrived at the same time--a la the "banks" of flights at hubs--and getting blamed because 6 of them didn't depart on time.

In the case of a flight arriving early, just enough of the crew breaks off to marshal the flight in while the rest finish the flight they are working on.

I can say that it is working extremely well at STL. Now, if someone with some influence could just get the LGA crews to fold the blankets and pick up the trash on the flights where they are supposed to be cleaning the cabin instead of just walking through and pretending that they are working...

And, don't any of you even start with me about the pay cuts and yada, yada, yada. Old news. That ship has sailed. The past is past. Get over it. The job is what it is, and it pays what it pays. If either of those two is not to your liking, go get a job that deserves you and your talents.

As of May 1st, I will be back to approximately what I was making in March, 2003. However, there are duty rigs and benefits that I will never regain.

If I don't like that, it's a free country which has outlawed both slavery and indentured servitude. I have a choice--in fact, I have 3 choices. I can go find another job; I can accept the situation as it is, or I can be just as miserable as I care to be (or can stand). What I don't have a choice or a right to do is make everyone else miserable in the process. Whining is unattractive in children. It is insufferable in adults.