AA Checkerboard System - merged posts

NHBB, you and I usually agree on things, but evidently you don't know what you are talking about here. The whole point of the checkerboard plan is that you would NEVER have two a/c at adjoining gates being handled by the same crew. The reason it is called a checkerboard is because if you plot the gate schedules on a piece of paper it looks like a checkerboard.
0700-0735---0735-0810--0810-0845--
Gate 1---flt 2--------empty-------flt 4
Gate 2---empty--------flt 3-------empty
Gate 3---flt 5--------empty-------flt 7
Gate 4---empty--------flt 6-------empty
and so on and so forth. One crew would be assigned to gates 1 and 2 and another crew would work gates 3 and 4. One crew is responsible for 2 gates, but one of them is always empty. You don't have 10 crews sitting around for 2 hours then working their butts off because 15 flights all arrived at the same time--a la the "banks" of flights at hubs--and getting blamed because 6 of them didn't depart on time.

In the case of a flight arriving early, just enough of the crew breaks off to marshal the flight in while the rest finish the flight they are working on.

I can say that it is working extremely well at STL. Now, if someone with some influence could just get the LGA crews to fold the blankets and pick up the trash on the flights where they are supposed to be cleaning the cabin instead of just walking through and pretending that they are working...

And, don't any of you even start with me about the pay cuts and yada, yada, yada. Old news. That ship has sailed. The past is past. Get over it. The job is what it is, and it pays what it pays. If either of those two is not to your liking, go get a job that deserves you and your talents.

As of May 1st, I will be back to approximately what I was making in March, 2003. However, there are duty rigs and benefits that I will never regain.

If I don't like that, it's a free country which has outlawed both slavery and indentured servitude. I have a choice--in fact, I have 3 choices. I can go find another job; I can accept the situation as it is, or I can be just as miserable as I care to be (or can stand). What I don't have a choice or a right to do is make everyone else miserable in the process. Whining is unattractive in children. It is insufferable in adults.

Jim, you also have a 4th choice. Work very hard for change. Cheers.

Jim, you also have a 4th choice. Work very hard for change. Cheers.
That choice would require that we have a union that is interested in anything other than trip removals for the in crowd, and shoveling thousands of dollars to the law firm of Patt Gibbs. And, even if they were interested in actually DOING anything, input from junior flight attendants is neither wanted nor appreciated. Trust me. I've tried.

The part that chaps me is that I voted for the current union administration.

Impossible it works at Southwest.

Even with less management.

It has to be an employee problem. :D
yes, thank you. In this case the employees are mgnt. When they intro-ed CB to us we told them how it wouldn't work. The only time it would work is when there were 2 extra FSCs on each gate, therefore increasing cost which was a no-no. DFW is just to spread out, about 70 gates over 3 terms add in the electric go super-slo tugs and wah-lah. There you have it a recipe for failure.

yes, thank you. In this case the employees are mgnt. When they intro-ed CB to us we told them how it wouldn't work. The only time it would work is when there were 2 extra FSCs on each gate, therefore increasing cost which was a no-no. DFW is just to spread out, about 70 gates over 3 terms add in the electric go super-slo tugs and wah-lah. There you have it a recipe for failure.
==========================================================

WELL, there you have it folks !

ANOTHER failed AA "dream scheme", drawn up by a couple of Efficiency "EXPERTS" who never rode in a tug, never mind the fact, that he/she NEVER drove one, or(like in ORD), had to wait in line at the "BTP", all the while being needed 10 minutes ago, for loading the outbound.

GOD forbid if they had EVER listened to the CC and crew about a suggestion, or two.

Wait until the "NEW" station staffing FSC requirements appear in the next EDICT(er, I mean contract).

Probably any station with 25 or less daily outbound flights will have the ramp OUTSOURCED.

Your only hope, is the TWU, to "grow a pair", to stop that !
OOOPS, sorry, I forgot..."HEY, they can do that brother....."

Might as well start now, envisioning what it will be like, for FSC's to be working in BOS/JFK/LGA/EWR/DCA/IAD/possiblyMCO/MIA/ORD/possiblySTL/DFW/LAX/SFO/possiblyLAS/....."ONLY" !!

NH/BB's

DFW is dysfunctional with or without CB, mainly because you have too many people who follow the "we're too damn big to do what the rest of the airline does" school of thought.

DFW is dysfunctional with or without CB, mainly because you have too many people who follow the "we're too damn big to do what the rest of the airline does" school of thought.

Maybe you could take that whimpering into the hangars or out on the ramp and get some sympathy?

I doubt you get any here though. B)

=========================================================

"E",
HOT off the press. (I got this straight from local 501)

TWU Local 501( JFK/LGA/EWR/SJU/PHL/BDL) has been Classified as a "ROGUE Local", by AA and "their" union(TWU), over this "CHECKMATE" :rolleyes: initiative :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was also told that AA is "deeply" commited to CB, and WILL add MORE people to a crew, IF the original plan(manning) fails.
So there you have it my former FSC's. SLOW the **CK DOWN, and you'll get more help !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

FM it seems to me that hdq is too big and is dysfunctional.
If you haven't walked a mile in my shoes don't tell me how my bunions feel.
Just like the pencils at hdq, "it looks good on paper". I suppose they ck'd distances on a scale map and figured like the TWU "they can do that". They may have forgotten that one xfr dr has 2 terminal and may have 80 bags with 15 stops not including the "bonus bags" (those surprises not manifested on the DRH).
Send me a PM I'll take you around on my day-off if you want to see it for real.

That wont happen DFWCC, FM is an ol' veteran, "who's been around the block, a time or two".

He knows your right !
His hands are tied, by not being able to PUBLICLY admit it.

(Ah, it does'nt make him a BAD guy though) :rolleyes:
(At least he's not a registered Republican) !! :up:

NH/BB's

Latest posts