AA Junior or Kiddie Pilot wings metal and plastic

retroboy

Jun 17, 2010
I need a little help, and trust me I have searched everywhere for information.

A few days ago I purchased a set of metal wings with AA on the front of the wings, and two eagle wings in the shape of a V on top. I did a little research and can only guess these are from the 1970’s.

There is another pin more round with a full eagle on the pin, and the words Junior Pilot also metal, that I believe is from the 1950’s.

I also see another pin made of plastic, with a red and blue AA. I know the plastic replaced the metal for safety reasons, but do not know the date when this happened.

My problem is I do not know for sure if my dates are correct, or if these are all the styles available that were handed out to kids? I would love to make a framed set of the wings, but again there is little to no information about them online.

I even went to the AA museum online, but under the section of gifts, and promotional items all there is, is a message saying “To Come”.

So my question to the experts… does anybody know when and where the dates, and styles of the wings were given out, and are there other styles out there from beginning of American Airlines to now that were handed out?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Good question. I have some metal wings from the 80's which are silver (no paint) and a similar but thinner version of the current plastic wings.

For memorabilia info, you might be better off going thru listings on eBay, and emailing one of the sellers.

For memorabilia info, you might be better off going thru listings on eBay, and emailing one of the sellers.

Tried that, but all I can get is "sorry we got it at a yard sale, thrift store, or its just been laying around the house for years" Nobody has a clue.

There is a person on Ebay that actually added a number to the wings like B32 for the one I have, and B33 for the older one and 72A for the plastic ones. There is also a person selling one called "AA - AUTHENTIC MAJOR DWEEBIE PIN WINGS #7053" But the numbers could just be their stock numbers so again I have information, but no answers.

Ed

Latest posts