AA Loses sick time case.

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but don't pilots have 30 DAYS before they have to show documentation of any kind? This case was about pilots, and I think 30 days is more than generous when it comes to undocumented sick time. FA's and ground workers are another story, of course...

There is nothing in the contract regarding Dr's notes. AA has started with 30 days, but has hauled many more in for questioning with less than that. Of those, some have been told to supply an onerous checklist filled out by the Dr regarding any new illness. As far as APA and every pilot thinks, it's a change in status quo from previous past practice and a complete violation.

I say go into work sick, stop off at your local lost time office, throw up on there desk and then say Oh I'm sorry I just might be sick? I think I'm going home. Just make sure that someone drives you in and back if you're that bad.

Seriously, always go to lost time with a union steward. If they pull any shenanigans or harass you in any way, inform them that you're contacting OSHA. And don't just threaten it, Do it!!! If we all start doing that it should solve the problem.

Latest posts

Back