AA/USAir merger rumor

Just heard from a friend of mine at US that there may very well be merger talks going on between AMR and LCC. Can you think of two more mismatched airlines than AA and LCC? Different fleets. Neither one of us has what one might call labor peace.

I can hardly wait until my poor excuse of a union announces that the most senior f/as at LCC will be stapled below the most junior former TW f/a, and LCC f/as will be furloughed to make places for our furloughed f/as to return to work. Yeah, that's the ticket. That will work. No Problem. :shock:
It would not surprise me If the AA/US Merger really did happen that AA would have to by law merge the US people in by Date of Hire due to this being a Merger and not an Acquisition like TWA was. Let The Fun Begin. TWA gets screwed AGAIN.

Alarms in the off position, please. My US Airways friend did some further digging. Turns out that the person who told him heard it from someone who heard it from an MCO employee (does there seem to be a familiar pattern emerging here?).

Supposedly, the MCO employee said that a Regional Manager came to MCO and told the staff that "there would be further layoffs in MCO in 2010 as a result of the AA-US merger." As my friend said, "if that was actually said, how long do you think that Regional Manager would remain a Regional Manager when it was found out that he was telling something that had not yet been made public by Tempe or DFW?"

As near as we can tell, no one except the last person in the chain ever actually said that AA & US management were in merger talks in Orlando.

Oh well. As a friend of mine here in Dallas says, "Worry works. About 90% of the stuff I worry about never happens." So, get out there and start worrying about an AA-US merger. :lol:

This is just an expert giving his analysis of how he sees it. It is therefore a rumor. If you read the whole article, he talks about an alternative being to merge with United. Then to really add to the rumor mill, he claims a Delta merger is still possible because they traded slots!

Of course he has to bring in that imbecile, Parker, who seems to be merger crazy. He doesn't care who he merges with, he just wants to MERGE! I'll bet he has one of those 'merge' road signs in his bedroom! He reminds me of a bum with a sign on the side of the runway that says, "Will MERJ 4 food" :lol:

Either way I still bet that the merger will be with United. How else can they become Untied :lol:

:rolleyes:
Again.. look at FEDEX and UPS for reasons to merge.. the fewer the carriers the better!

What do they bring?

After their slot swap with Delta goes through, a nice knot of slots at DCA.

A nice knot of slots at LGA.The Marine Air Terminal is meh, but whatever.

A nice terminal at BOS.(Sold or utilized)

An airport in CLT they have a nice monopoly on.

A younger more fuel efficent fleet of Airbus.

Immediate capacity available for growth.There are routes the company would love to be flying today, but simply doesn't have the equipment for.Never mind the Bus vs Boeing argument, it's one thing to operate 34 airbus, quite another to operate 234.

Look around, Delta is busy kicking AA in the crotch at every opportunity and Arpey seems to be cowering and hollering "Not in the face! Not in the face!" while oneworld teeters on the brink of irrelevance in the global airline alliance game.If DL snags JAL, bet money on Qantas at a minimum leaving oneworld.

AA would also get to inherit this.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10594732/1/...le-simmers.html

What do they bring?

After their slot swap with Delta goes through, a nice knot of slots at DCA.

A nice knot of slots at LGA.The Marine Air Terminal is meh, but whatever.

A nice terminal at BOS.(Sold or utilized)

An airport in CLT they have a nice monopoly on.

A younger more fuel efficent fleet of Airbus.

Immediate capacity available for growth.There are routes the company would love to be flying today, but simply doesn't have the equipment for.Never mind the Bus vs Boeing argument, it's one thing to operate 34 airbus, quite another to operate 234.

Look around, Delta is busy kicking AA in the crotch at every opportunity and Arpey seems to be cowering and hollering "Not in the face! Not in the face!" while oneworld teeters on the brink of irrelevance in the global airline alliance game.If DL snags JAL, bet money on Qantas at a minimum leaving oneworld.
I rather wait for it to close or liquidate their assets and buy what I need!!!!!!! Less over head and head aches!!!!!! That's what heard from many that they got TW for the STL HUB. what STL HUB?!!!

If United and Continental merge, or whatever, do y'all think that AA can succeed as a stand-alone carrier?
Yea because a merger doesn't mean success!!!!! Ask PA they bought national they when under an theirs many other!!!!! US is still loosing money a merger doesn't mean success!!! they might be seeing bankruptcy court if they don't stop loosing money!!!! That why parker wants to offload it on someone!!!! AA can do what DL did to PA take what you want let go!!!! It won't hurt any AA's employees Jobs!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back