Acting Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Jim Jimmy Jim since you are answering for "ken" since I have not seen one response from"ken" since he has been in "office" he has not said anything against the"TWU", I am sure he does not want to be removed from office from the international. However if you feel obliged to defend him go for it. Have seen this many times before. He possibly has not seen the "big picture" till he was elected. However you can be in this or stay out whatever. I will not decide his position till he responds so if you want to do a side bar let's go.
Whatever? What would you like to argue about? This thead doesn't have anything to do with speaking out against the TWU. If you'd like to make one go ahead. There are plenty of us that will do so. At this time the TWU is the union on the property. In order to try to make the local members lives better at DFW, being a officer in the TWU is the way to do it. I'm not going to defend Ken, in my opinion he is doing a fine job. We could have elected officers that aren't on the floor like in the past. I kinda like that they are out there living what we are. Have a good night.

Whatever? What would you like to argue about? This thead doesn't have anything to do with speaking out against the TWU. If you'd like to make one go ahead. There are plenty of us that will do so. At this time the TWU is the union on the property. In order to try to make the local members lives better at DFW, being a officer in the TWU is the way to do it.
Well Jimmy we are discussing professionalism, which the TWU does not advocate till contract discussions. It should be what differentiates us from the chop shops. Well in my humble opinion we should be leap years ahead of contract maintenance because we are a "union" shop. However that is not the case. Will you publicly state that you are in love with the TWU also ? common let's hear it. Management watches this board so you too can be a rising star. p.s. i have seen and heard the change from within since about 1990. Ralph will delete this if not relevent.

Well I am from the camp that think's integrety cannot be shamed or "peer pressured" into. You have it or do not. It would seem every AMT would work by published standards every time there is no up side or incentive to "cut corners". I have done what you are advocating and have recieved the one finger salute with many other slogans. Oh yeah, I most likely did not say it in a way you would so it it's my fault. In this HR culture you have to be careful for what you say . This TWU which you have a love affair with will not promote a mechanic as a professional because they want numbers. The AMT classification was invented to put everyone in the same group A&P's and non. which the non are considered "highly skilled". More incompetence is good because it equates to more dues because you need more people. You said it when you said the "union" should not be involved that is awesome a "union" for mechanics should not promote professional standards. I get pissed off at every contract negotiation time, the worthless TWU bust's out the work by the "book" buttons. That is a slap in every mechanics face in other words risk your ticket unless we are not getting what we want in negotiations. If your beloved TWU promoted professional standards 24 7 I would not see the descrepancy. P.S. I could care less if you revert to the "you are under a alias" arguement or pick apart some grammer.

skydrol,

Please tell me where I have a "love affair" with the TWU. Your using the twu argument makes me wonder about your ability to justify not being professional.

You imply in another post that I do not want to be removed from office by the international, in a sense that I might be afraid of being removed. I am not. But let me tell you I am not looking to get removed. I will speak my mind when I see a wrong and I will speak my mind in order to promote today's A&P. I am on the Executive Board for Local 565 because I was asked to run and then was ELECTED. If you have a problem with that then that is your choice. I did not start this thread as a rant against the twu.

Now, back to the meaning of this post...

Integrity is an important part of our profession's foundation. You say that you have done what I am advocating but only received the one finger salute. So? Does this mean that you stop being professional? I sense a tone of agressiveness in your post. Why is that? Where has the union bust out the work by the book buttons? Where does the part about negotiations come into anything I am advocating here?

If you do not wish to raise the professional standards by which all, not only AA AMTs, adhere to that is your decision. I do not claim to try to reinvent the wheel with this thread. Please reread and take your time.

Well Jimmy we are discussing professionalism, which the TWU does not advocate till contract discussions. It should be what differentiates us from the chop shops. Well in my humble opinion we should be leap years ahead of contract maintenance because we are a "union" shop. However that is not the case. Will you publicly state that you are in love with the TWU also ? common let's hear it. Management watches this board so you too can be a rising star. p.s. i have seen and head the change from within since about 1990. Ralph will delete this if not relevent.
You are a angry man. I'm not a big fan of the TWU but right now they are all we got. So you keep up your bitching on the floor and see where that gets you. Believe me I do my fair share of bitching but I realise it just makes me feel better. Yes, I will publicly state I'm not in love with the TWU. FYI, I'm not to worried about mangement. Come by and see me anytime.

A1 afternoons (at least for now)
Jim Martin

There now management knows who I am.

In my line station,the line maintence office is a joke outdated manuels,that were used during training session 12 years ago in class.Old printed statements of policy and mpm prodcedure litter the walls and are held up by tape.New company policy tape on doors.Old ICOT terminals.2 piece's of furniture that smell and are really nasty, that were bought 6 years ago.Food prep area were mice and coachroachs that were know to be.Chairs that after sitting in them, hurt after awhile,your back and your rear.A folding table for a eating area.A TV that has to be turn up by some one while others are trying to have a conversation which results in the volume going 2/3 of the way up.People arguing over everything and anything,name calling,insults.The room is so small that 8 guys on a giving time have to step over each other to walk past.A door that is constantly opening and being closed so that the crewchiefs can hear the aircraft radio.We talk of being professional,when even a station manager,or a maintence manager,does absolutly nothing for our work place enviroment.It amazes me the apathy that is running through this company,and all that seems to matter is delay reports and who is responsible.Most supervisor on the ramp I work are just flat out worn out and are just going through the motions each day.When people from the FAA or the AA HQ's come in they are just amazed at the conditions but say nothing for fear of reprisal from higher ups.Good Luck,we have givin up,they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back