AFA topic 11/2-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not write it correctly. I did not mean that I resent the East Flight Attendants, I meant that the situation feels bad as a whole.
Because I have not been here many years I may see myself differently than other west flight attendants. The recriuters presented the job to us as having the opportunity to transfer to other bases, doing International flying is something I want to do. I once had a expectation of that happening but it seems to be still far away.

The best I can do with the present situation is the VLOA and when I do fly I try to talk to as many flight attendants as I can, East, West, Deltas, Americans and all to get information as to what to expect from here.

Sorry if I sounded like a resentful of the any one group. That is exactly what I do not want and don't like being around.
I did not take your post as mean spirited. I was simply pointing out, there is no need to be resentful of us who share the same uniform. We are all in this together, and that was what I was pointing out. You will NOT see anything any better until we get a single agreement contract. In order for that to happen you need your president to get to the bargaining table and work with the team from the East to get this contract finished. You pay dues, it is within your right to call that office out on what is going on, and why things are happening at a snails pace. Use your voice for good, organize your members lets all work for the same common goal.

I miss:

1. Rapid reaccrual, getting 11 hours back each month for sick time.

2. 100% sick pay, for all sick occurrences.

3. 5+30 minimum for MetroJet.

4. One for Three.

5. Bidding vacation in any increments.

6. Cleaners.

7. Dry cleaning allowance.

8. 90 day waiting period for LTD instead of 120 days.

9. Real pay for training.

10. Nice hotels

11. Crew meals?

12. Biggest Deal Breaker For Me....Restricted Week-ends. Which genius thought of that?

I miss:

1. Rapid reaccrual, getting 11 hours back each month for sick time.

2. 100% sick pay, for all sick occurrences.

3. 5+30 minimum for MetroJet.

4. One for Three.

5. Bidding vacation in any increments.

6. Cleaners.

7. Dry cleaning allowance.

8. 90 day waiting period for LTD instead of 120 days.

9. Real pay for training.

10. Nice hotels

11. Crew meals?

12. Biggest Deal Breaker For Me....Restricted Week-ends. Which genius thought of that?

Money for nothin, leaves nothin
You gotta have somethin...
If you want to be with....

USAIR?

Just my opinion...

?

This is just a "snippet" of the MEC meeting to be held in CLT. My question is why is the negotiations report a "closed session". My understanding of that is that it will not be open to the Union members.

Just curious as to why that would be closed. Are they discussing things they don't want us .... the union members to hear? And, is this typical? I, for one, would LOVE to know what is going on with that! :ph34r:

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2008

0950 CALL TO ORDER MEC PRESIDENT
0955 ROLL CALL MEC SECRETARY TREASURER
1000 MEC VP REPORT BUDDY BRANNON
1030 MEC S/T REPORT DEBORAH McCORMICK
1115 MEC PRESIDENT REPORT MIKE FLORES
1200 LUNCH
1300 LAST CALL FOR LATE
AGENDA ITEMS
1310 NEGOTIATIONS REPORT* MIKE FLORES
1500 BREAK
1515 OLD BUSINESS
1600 MEMBER FORUM
1700 AGENDA COMMITTEES
???? RECESS

*Denotes closed session

?

This is just a "snippet" of the MEC meeting to be held in CLT. My question is why is the negotiations report a "closed session". My understanding of that is that it will not be open to the Union members.

Just curious as to why that would be closed. Are they discussing things they don't want us .... the union members to hear? And, is this typical? I, for one, would LOVE to know what is going on with that! :ph34r:

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2008

0950 CALL TO ORDER MEC PRESIDENT
0955 ROLL CALL MEC SECRETARY TREASURER
1000 MEC VP REPORT BUDDY BRANNON
1030 MEC S/T REPORT DEBORAH McCORMICK
1115 MEC PRESIDENT REPORT MIKE FLORES
1200 LUNCH
1300 LAST CALL FOR LATE
AGENDA ITEMS
1310 NEGOTIATIONS REPORT* MIKE FLORES
1500 BREAK
1515 OLD BUSINESS
1600 MEMBER FORUM
1700 AGENDA COMMITTEES
???? RECESS

*Denotes closed session
Negotiations report/update has always been a closed session. See below:

Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
USA EAST MEC Meeting
Agenda

January 22, 23, & 24, 2008

Tuesday - January 22, 2008

09:00 - Call to Order-MEC President

09:01 - Roll Call-MEC S/T

09:05 - Introduction/Welcome-MEC President

09:20 - Approval of Minutes

09:30 - MEC President Report-Mike Flores

10:30 - Paul Frishkorn-MEC Insurance and Benefits Report

11:30 - MEC V/P Report- Buddy Brannon

12:15 - Lunch

13:45 - First Call for Late Agenda Items

14:00 - Negotiations Update/ Carol Austin Negotiating Committee Mike Flores MECP **

15:30 - Break

16:00 - Negotiations Update Continues **

17:00 - Recess/Agenda Committee (s)

** Denotes closed session

All you did was post a previous meeting notice indicating it was closed, which is Ok, but can anyone answer WHY are these sessions closed to the members that pay ??

Thank you
Because they're in there talking about giving back EVEN MORE than we have already given and don't want us to know it!!!!!!!

My apologies. I must of misread your post, I thought you were just realizing that is a closed session. I was merely pointing out its always been a closed session. You do make a good point, why is it closed? Is the negotiating committee telling the MEC whats being passed across back and forth across the table and maybe getting feed back from them on how to proceed? Just a wild guess.

Because they're in there talking about giving back EVEN MORE than we have already given and don't want us to know it!!!!!!!

Yah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Don't you think we'd figure out this little scheme once we saw the TA? There must be a reason for the closed session. My thought is strategy: Don't let the company know what your hand is; chances are it would end up on message boards all over the internet, with people whining and screaming before they had any of the facts.

VICTORIA THE DIRECTOR OF THE CHARLOTTE TRAINING CENTER HAS SCEDULED STAFF MEETINGS ON THE HOLIDAY PERIODS IN ORDER TO GIVE EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH TRAINING THE HOLIDAYS OFF.

THIS IS VIOLATING EVERYONES SENORITY.

PEOPLE WAY JUNIR ARE HAVING THE HOLIDAY WEEKS OFF AT HOME AND THE LINE F/AS CANT HOLD THEM.

THIS IS UNFAIR AND JUST NOT RIGHT.

WE NEED TO CALL AND COMPLAIN:
<THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS ARE PUBLISHED AND OBTAINED FROM PUBLIC SOURCES>

CALL THE MEC-704-919-1732

CALL VICTORIA AT THE TRAINING CENTER

CALL YOUR LOCAL LEC'S

CLT-704-527-0325

PHL-215-300-4742

LGA-DCA-BOS ALL ARE CELLS SO CALL THEM IF TOUR BASED THERE CANT POST THOSE NUMBERS

AND

MOST OF ALL CALL SHERRIE

THE PHOENIX SWITCHBOARD 480-693-0800 AND ASK FOR MISS SHAMBLINS OFFICE

THE MORE CALLS THE BETTER.

Yah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Don't you think we'd figure out this little scheme once we saw the TA? There must be a reason for the closed session. My thought is strategy: Don't let the company know what your hand is; chances are it would end up on message boards all over the internet, with people whining and screaming before they had any of the facts.

More Like:

"this is what we will be presenting to management. It works for us in the room, we will get our bonuses and go home back to our lines. Too bad if the members don't like it. This is what MANAGEMENT wants."

I'm confused. Do you want them to schedule recurrent classes on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day?

IM SORRY THATS THE POINT THE TRAINING CENTER IS CLOSED. WE HAVE MOSTLY PART TIME F/A INSTRUCTORS. THEY BID A LINE AND THEN ARE TAKEN OFF TRIPS/RESERVE TO TEACH.

THIS ONLY PERTAINS TO THE LINE F/AS THE FULL TIMERS ARE NOT ON THE LINE FLYING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back