AFA upset that + sizes can't wear red dress..

Hey Tech,since this seems to be a touchy subject for you and so that the union can concern themselves with more important issues, I'll buy one of the size 28, red dresses for you..................problem solved ! :up:

Do you talk to your management like that 'southwind'? So so disrespectful :p

The new uniforms have been out with Delta a year, two years?

Do they have all the other uniforms larger than a size 18. Yes
So whats the big freekin deal with providing the red one over a size 18?

Is it because Delta wants ladies under a size 18 only to wear them? If so, come out with a memo stating company policy regarding dress size "parameters." You know that would have gone straight to court.

So why hasn't a plus size Delta Flt Attendent come forward and pointed out the discrepency?
Have they been threatened, silenced, or did it go to a committee, and anwered with a "we'll get back to you." Their had to be some Delta F/A's pissed off at not getting a chance to wear the red uniform. I guess Delta thought they had no fear of repercussions when they decided to limit the sizes on the red dress.

This is the type of dopey crap Delta could have avoided just by offering the red dress in all sizes. Theirs no excuse why they didn't from the start.

This is the type of dopey crap Delta could have avoided just by offering the red dress in all sizes. Theirs no excuse why they didn't from the start.
Then they could not have alerted the AJC about the union and there ridiculous issues.

Don't you see, this all unions do... :rolleyes:

DAL management gave the press this issue.

It is from the Larenzo playbook. I remember reading about the baggage handlers that were making $90,000/yr in 1988 during the lead up the Eastern strike.

They failed to mention that the guy worked about 90 hours a week.

Guess who was a disciple of that era...drum roll please...

Richard Anderson, Chief Counsel for Frank Larenzo.

Why shouldn't Delta we able to have ONE dress in a size 18 or Smaller?
Again size 18. Do you know how BIG that is? Anyone that has to wear a
size 28 shouldn't be a F/A. Simple as that. I would have nothing to
sit on if I had to share a j/s with a size 28. And as far as blaming DELTA
for releasing this to the press...Is this a blame the messenger situation?
And if so, why? Why not show the ridiculous nature of such a grievance?
Again, the AFA failed to act on Seniority and they are failing to act on calling
for a vote. I guess they just don't have their act together. Is that what we need?
This will be a vote of the "lessor of two evils". The AFA is pulling ahead on these
issues..

Why shouldn't Delta we able to have ONE dress in a size 18 or Smaller?
Again size 18. Do you know how BIG that is? Anyone that has to wear a
size 28 shouldn't be a F/A. Simple as that. I would have nothing to
sit on if I had to share a j/s with a size 28. And as far as blaming DELTA
for releasing this to the press...Is this a blame the messenger situation?
And if so, why? Why not show the ridiculous nature of such a grievance?
Again, the AFA failed to act on Seniority and they are failing to act on calling
for a vote. I guess they just don't have their act together. Is that what we need?
This will be a vote of the "lessor of two evils". The AFA is pulling ahead on these
issues..
So Southwind brings up a size 28 dress and you run with it.........

Do they have size 28 F/A's at DL or NW, if they do, then as employees of the company they should be offered the red dress. Like I wrote earlier, if they offer larger sizes for other styles.........

So Southwind brings up a size 28 dress and you run with it.........

Do they have size 28 F/A's at DL or NW, if they do, then as employees of the company they should be offered the red dress. Like I wrote earlier, if they offer larger sizes for other styles.........

Wasn't the size 28 brought up in the grievence?
I disagree with your statement that they should be offered the size 28.
What is wrong with working toward a goal to fit in the dress? It's called a Diet.

Wasn't the size 28 brought up in the grievence?
I disagree with your statement that they should be offered the size 28.
What is wrong with working toward a goal to fit in the dress? It's called a Diet.
If my understanding is correct it was the dress designer..Tyler that limited the size originally to size 8.After the Delta f/a's requested a larger size HE relented and made a larger size available. I have never seen a f/a that is above a size 18 at Delta. If this is so then that must have been the largest size available .The question is are their F/A's at NWA that are above size 18 or is this a red herring to cause controvery?

If my understanding is correct it was the dress designer..Tyler that limited the size originally to size 8.After the Delta f/a's requested a larger size HE relented and made a larger size available. I have never seen a f/a that is above a size 18 at Delta. If this is so then that must have been the largest size available .The question is are their F/A's at NWA that are above size 18 or is this a red herring to cause controvery?
So their are NO F/A's at DL larger than a size 18?......

It was Delta that commented, "The red dress is only offered up to size 18, though a Delta spokeswoman SAID the airline offers a range of outfits in other colors and styles UP TO SIZE 28 that flight attendents can wear.

http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/business/200...lines_uniforms/

there are 4 dresses, one of the navy dresses has a pocket option so... actually there are 5 dresses to choose from. (I stand corrected)
there is also maternity uniform pieces as well.. but I cant remember if a dress option is available (I think there is a maternity shirt dress?)...anyway.

1 dress was designed for those who prefer a closer fitted style for petites and talls, (just as some men may prefer a fitted or full cut shirt) the majority.....keep in mind, the majority of dresses are offered in sizes beyond 18.

Its not the other way around with 4 dresses up to size 18 and then 1 dress offered beyond 18...

so.. the women who prefer a different style regarding 1 dress.. rather than a coat or shirt dress should not be accommodated in a Missy size simply because... the design will be necessary to be changed accommodating up to size 28 as requested? (the dress is going to have to be changed, the way it is currently designed) that is not going to be fair.. for those who opt for the way it is currently made at this time.

The design is going to have to be changed!

(it will not even be the same dress!!)

for years ! ! !

all I have heard from some is ..they wish our uniform pre-merger was flattering and fitted especially the dress and..

then!
when we finally get one.... (some forget that gray dress tentatively you were going to be stuck with.. for probably another 18 years like the last one we just got out of!!)

you know that one dress option with wearing of the obvious hardware on the sides to adjust that some were throwing a complete fit over how ugly it was....
(I thought it was kind of cute in its own special way)...

we finally get a designer uniform and with some its been nothing but..... :rant: !

anyhoo!

I certainly hope that designer dress is not discontinued.

(who says that particular style dress must be in the uniform collection to begin with)

what about the pink one?

Why aren't the f/a's over at the NW side speaking up? Is the
AFA really speaking for them on this issue?

Here is the deal. If Delta is "forced" to offer the dress in a larger size,
they will simply just discontinue the dress. I wouldn't blame them one bit.
Like everything else, there are always a few to ruin it for the rest. Who want's
to see FAT TOMATOES coming down the aisle? D I E T !!! say it slowly
D I E T ...

Hi Dignity,
Long time no see..so-to-speak.
I have a question for you as a NW f/a:

Does NW permit f/a's to use a seatbelt extension on the jumpseat?
(At Delta it is not permitted.)

Hi Luke

so...does the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Dress go only to size 18?

and if it does, why was it excluded from the Red Dress complaints, since it was implied it is the Red Dress...but a different color?

I do not know Dignity. You would have to ask those at NW AFA that filed the grievance. I am a DELTA f/a.
Now..is it possible for you to answer the question I asked of you about the seat belt extensions?
Thanks!

Back