AFA upset that + sizes can't wear red dress..

I am sure it is. That issue is not a news story to the masses.

A union filing a grievance over dress sizing must sell papers...

Because we all know we live in the American Idol/ Reality TV era , where the most important news is who's breaking up with who, Obama's latest joke and "Why is Delta not making size 28 dresses" ! :shock:

Red dress, polka dot dress, sky blue pink dress. It't will (all) be a mute point, when the Union gets voted in by the NW/dl f/a's. I noticed that the President has changed the majority make-up of the NLRB to be "worker friendly". DL management(with their "Red Dress") has created a RED FLAG for all NW f/a's, and + size 18 DL f/a's, that is going to BITE DL(management) squarely in the Rump !

Perhaps at your airline they are not allowed. At AA, seatbelt extensions are allowed at exit row passenger seats.
I sort of think the reasoning behind not having seatbelt extensions at an exit row..is simply the additional length added to the belt..could cause a tripping hazard in the event of a evacuation.

it would be a safety issue..

(what ever the safety concern may be, they are not allowed to be used at those rows)

I sort of think the reasoning behind not having seatbelt extensions in an exit row..is simply the additional length added to the belt..could cause a tripping hazard in the event of a evacuation.

it would be a safety issue..

(what ever the safety concern may be, they are not allowed to be used at those rows)

My post wasn't about the reasoning behind your airline's rule - the reasoning is obvious - it was to clarify that your assertion that extensions were not permitted was limited to your airline, as other airlines permit them. AA permits the use of seatbelt extensions in exit rows; perhaps AA is a less safe airline than your employer. :shock:

My post wasn't about the reasoning behind your airline's rule - the reasoning is obvious - it was to clarify that your assertion that extensions were not permitted was limited to your airline, as other airlines permit them. AA permits the use of seatbelt extensions in exit rows; perhaps AA is a less safe airline than your employer. :shock:
never stated it was a general rule encompassing all airlines, I merely stated they were not allowed.

the rest is just an assumption.

(by the way, I did not write the policy and procedures at the airline)

it was asked if Flight Attendants use seat belt extensions on the jumpseats (at the airline)...(which I have never seen in my entire career, ever) and I just wrote that even seat belt extensions are not allowed at the exit rows in regards to the airline, not the airline industry....

to clarify,

at our airline.

so.... what do you think about the dress?

Red dress, polka dot dress, sky blue pink dress. It't will (all) be a mute point, when the Union gets voted in by the NW/dl f/a's. I noticed that the President has changed the majority make-up of the NLRB to be "worker friendly". DL management(with their "Red Dress") has created a RED FLAG for all NW f/a's, and + size 18 DL f/a's, that is going to BITE DL(management) squarely in the Rump !

Hilarious....................Red Dress..........Red Flag !

Is this what you pay union dues for................to make sure that the 3, size-28 FA's can wear the same sleek, sexy Dress that everyone else is wearing ?

I would hope that if I were "Represented" by a union, that the issues they tackle were a little more important !

Somehow I doubt the dress would have the same appeal on the 3 size-28 FA's !

Like I said, it's just a union, raising it's ugly head , on a trivial issue , to say "Look at me"!

Is this what you pay union dues for................to make sure that the 3, size-28 FA's can wear the same sleek, sexy Dress that everyone else is wearing ?
if there is actual contract language that states the dress is to be available in all sizes.

then..

yes!

(that is one reason "you pay union dues for" enforcing a contract)

I would hope that if I were "Represented" by a union, that the issues they tackle were a little more important !

they should be addressing everything when issues arises..

Somehow I doubt the dress would have the same appeal on the 3 size-28 FA's !

all I can say is the entire uniform, for the most part, looks great on everyone I have seen.

Like I said, it's just a union, raising it's ugly head , on a trivial issue , to say "Look at me"!
they more than likely would be focusing solely on the point..

all contractual language must be followed (to the letter) and therefore a grievance..

(technically they are doing what they are suppose to be doing)

...regardless if it is a big issue or considered, well trivial.

ok, here is where I see an issue.

they, the union, did not or were not part of the planning or creation of the uniform in question..

simply for the fact it is from another airline...they did not represent at the time it was designed!

so!

demanding changes, during a period of transition while not representing the combined group Flight Attendants.. is a little premature..however if it is not considered "premature"..then it can be questioned?

why has seniority integration been put on hold?

its almost considered picking and choosing what some feel need to be addressed while in my opinion every thing should.

especially since.. (dresses that does accommodate plus sizes are available... at this time).

Is this what you pay union dues for................to make sure that the 3, size-28 FA's can wear the same sleek, sexy Dress that everyone else is wearing ? I would hope that if I were "Represented" by a union, that the issues they tackle were a little more important !
Come now Southwind. I know you do not believe what you posted above.

Whether you admit it or not, unions do tackle more weighty issues on a daily basis.

Those do not make the news. Delta wanted this one to make news so people like you could put out statements like:

And, of course you did, like a good little tool.

well it must be the color red that is one of the issues.

I have seen the shirt dress on fuller figures.. it looks very nice and professional, it would probably look great in red, because of the way it was styled and that particular dressed designed to fit the body.

maybe they should consider offering the shirt dress in red as an optional piece.

had there been a red option with the shirt dress, there would have really, not been an issue today..

because the current wrap dress would have simply been, the dress available for the missy sizes.

the wrap dress apparently was designed as a missy and once it has been altered to a size 28.. it will not even be remotely similar in design regarding how it looks and wears in the smaller sizes...and you know it wont.

(more than likely after it has been altered to accommodate plus sizes..it will be similar in style to that of the shirt dress instead.. but it will not fit like the shirt dress because of the cut...).

when you actually look at how the wrap dress was cut.. it was not necessarily designed for plus size figures. if they keep the current design as it is presented in the missy sizes, and alter to size 28..

it may not fit the body properly allowing maximum comfort..that is really the most important when taking into consideration its normal being on duty upwards to 12 hours and of course the fit.. I personally do not think its going to be flattering at all once it has been altered...(I really dont)

to be quite honest... I believe that to be the truth and

FWIW..
I would never let a friend go out the door and tell them they look great in an outfit ..when I do not necessarily feel it is the case..

Come now Southwind. I know you do not believe what you posted above.

Whether you admit it or not, unions do tackle more weighty issues on a daily basis.

Those do not make the news. Delta wanted this one to make news so people like you could put out statements like:

And, of course you did, like a good little tool.

Hey Tech,since this seems to be a touchy subject for you and so that the union can concern themselves with more important issues, I'll buy one of the size 28, red dresses for you..................problem solved ! :up:

Simple question, How does a size 28 fit in the jumpseat? How do they
fit down the aisle?
Dignity, what we are hearing is that a NW F/A was jump seating on
a Delta A/C and wanted an extension. She was delicately told that
Delta doesn't allow extensions on Delta a/c. She was furious and said "her
union will hear about this". Now this could be urban jumseat legend,
but is it true that on the NW side?, its in your contract that extentions
are allowed on Jump seats? And if Not? How in the hell does a size 28 fit?
just asking...

bababooy,

this is what I do know..

....lets say, while boarding a flight, to any of the exciting worldwide destinations..

in full uniform compliance..(like you know, totally compliant with wings and shoes on)

while handing out blankets, being gracious and of course smiling :D .. and answering questions...uh...making ourselves available in the aisles to ...help assist with the luggage, while ensuring all the carry on items fits either underneath the seat or in the overhead bin...

and!

if for some reason while walking to the exit row and during the..

OFFICIAL, Exit seat verification check with a "verbal response"..

a passenger at an exit row, happens to ask for an extension and really needs one.. the only thing they are getting..

well.. that would be reseated!

all I can tell you about seat belt extensions is simply..

they are on board for passengers who are sitting in passenger seats that request them. they cannot be used at passenger exit rows (and that is an F.A.R. to my knowledge) ..now how any other airline defines "exit row" I do not know!

"that's it"", that's all folks", "that's all she wrote"...those seat belt extensions are for passenger use only and not allowed at exit row seats..

at our airline.

Latest posts