AFA Work Issues Thread--10/6-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Here's the second thread--remember, only post according to topic above. If we get too many duplicate posts between threads or if one gets derailed to the other topic, we will merge them and that will be that.

Thank you.

Has anyone noticed the "hot water" pitchers they have been putting on our aircraft on our aircraft lately?

They are not thermal....can anyone say OJI?? They are a hazard to the f/a's as well as the passengers. They are so flimsy you can't hold them without burning your hands!! Did anyone in inflight physically see or handle these things before approving them? And to make matters worse, the ones they are putting on in CLT have no lids! Apparently someone forgot to order the lids so they are more than worthless.

They need to send them back from wherever they came from and get our money back.
:down:

The quickest and easiest way to solve that problem is to throw the new water pitcher in the trash. It's better to throw it away than burn yourself or a passenger. I highly doubt the company they were purchased from (oriental trade) would take them back used. It's not a crutial FAA required part of the a/c. Throw it away and run for the occasional tea/soup or don't serve it. It's f/a discretion in a situation like that IMO.

Happy Halloween everybody!!

Staying in tonight and having fun with the little kiddies. I just love the costumes.

And for those out on the line........don't forget to reset your clocks.
;)

can anyone tell me what Hector said at the union meeting? Comments from the group in attendance? How many showed up? What were the comments from the f/a group?

Thanks!

Has anyone noticed the "hot water" pitchers they have been putting on our aircraft on our aircraft lately?

They are not thermal....can anyone say OJI?? They are a hazard to the f/a's as well as the passengers. They are so flimsy you can't hold them without burning your hands!! Did anyone in inflight physically see or handle these things before approving them? And to make matters worse, the ones they are putting on in CLT have no lids! Apparently someone forgot to order the lids so they are more than worthless.

They need to send them back from wherever they came from and get our money back.
:down:
What hot water pictures??

Now I tell pax we do not have tea...

cant run back and forth every other pax... I am too busy selling twizzler's and pringles...
cant do it...

They are made of black plastic, and have the Coke Zero logo on them. They are stupid looking and a waste! Where in the galley are they going to stick these akward looking things??? :blink:
Especially on the 737? We don't need them! :rolleyes:

That's not what they've been putting on our planes. The ones they've issued us literally look like those disposable pitchers you get when in the hospital minus the thermal liner and tops. Those things are a hazard and I refuse to use them..Hopefully they are not tossing our old gray ones. They are sturdy and don't take up alot of space on the carts.

Is there no one in Inflight that knows how to choose proper equipment?

Ya know how many f/a's comb these boards? There is so much to talk about yet the AFA thread is crickets. When your employees stop talking.......it shows that the job is wearing on a LOT of people. There isn't ANYTHING going on? Hell it's not like the reserves are out working.:lol:

Trav, people ARE scared. With the secondary line numbers out for December, a LOT of people are going back on reserve. Guess-timates is that part of 1989 is going back on the reservation. Thinking back to last January - reserve went back to around that seniority but there were 600 ish reserves for that particular month. Some got "sick" and others did one or two trips and later reflected how easy reserve is and couldn't understand why reserves thought is was such a big deal. Now, unless there is a buyout, these same people who end up back on reserve will do so til spring. THAT is a sobering thought. One month ain't bad, but 4 months? Reserve problems are not blockholder problems....that is until they are back on reserve. Another problem is that very few INV days will be given over Xmas with the usual line from the union that's all they could get and tried to get more. So no junior reserve will see the holidays, again. Looks like more coal from Santa kids!! :blink:

cant run back and forth every other pax... I am too busy selling twizzler's and pringles...
cant do it...
You aren't doing it right, you have to do what puts cash in your pocket. The crew on my flight home the other night made 7 announcements for the credit card and came through the cabin four times to hand out or collect the applications. A lot of people were very unhappy about being woken up for that crap.

One month ain't bad, but 4 months? Reserve problems are not blockholder problems....that is until they are back on reserve. Another problem is that very few INV days will be given over Xmas with the usual line from the union that's all

4 Months? Try 12 months.....
I am sure I speak for most, if not ALL, reserves that we have ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY for any of you that have to do it a few months a year. AND, many B/Hs have the attitude that reserves get paid 73 hours to do NOTHING... while "I have to work my block... ".. Well, the last time I check all of you that hold blocks and think that have the ability TO BID RESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, this is such a sore subject with me and many others...

Oh I have been saying that for years. Hell if you feel we have a cushy position sitting chained to catcrew 24 hours a day for up to 6 days on end getting min guarantee of 73 hours BID IT. I have heard a few complaints already. I'm like, "Honey your telling Noah the water is high". Sorry but I don't wanna hear it. WELCOME TO RESERVE. I don't like the decisions that have caused this to happen but many have been living "this cushy life" for a long time. If anything positive out of this is it puts me further down in each bucket for those daily calls. Oh and btw.....crashpad info can be found on the wall in the PHL B crew room. Yes I said B as ya'll won't be seeing much of the A-west crew room. Well unless you get to go to Europe at 3am. Fly safe all. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back