Air India proposes worlds longest flights: 18hr, 8700 miles, BLR-SFO

FrugalFlyerv2.0

Veteran
Oct 29, 2003
Air India has recently proposed a new flight route linking the IT hotspots of Bengaluru and San Francisco, located a staggering 8,699 miles (14,000km) apart.
If approved, this particular path would be the world's longest non-stop commercial route with an estimated flight time of between 17 to 18 hours.

In a statement to the Times of India, a spokesperson for Air India said: 'We are planning to have a nonstop from either Delhi or Bengaluru to San Francisco on our Boeing 777-200 long range aircraft.

Currently, the world's longest non-stop flight is operated by Qantas, flying 8,578 miles (or about 13,730km) between Dallas-Forth Worth in the U.S. and Sydney, Australia.
But as of next year, Emirates will dethrone Qantas with its 8,588 mile (or about 13,760km) journey linking Dubai and Panama City.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3248750/Good-luck-economy-Air-India-proposes-world-s-longest-non-stop-flight-18-hour-8-700mile-marathon-Bengaluru-San-Francisco.html

18 hours in the air? I would have to be medicated.   :lol:  The longest flight I've ever done was LAX-SYD.  IIRC, it was 14+ hours.  I'm a good traveler, and I can tell you I was ready to get off the airplane when we arrived in SYD.

Latest posts

Back