Aircraft maint issues

No UA is behind Delta. I had heard Delta is at $53.50. UA is at 49.53 for Dayshift line. That is counting $1.20 hr towards benefit costs for 40 hrs a week only. So that 1.20 is not part of the equation during overtime.

They can’t include Profit Sharing for any adjustments to wages since first that wasn’t agreed to in your contract and second it’s always a moving target depending on how well or poorly the airline does for the year financially.

And I believe currently on wages between the 3 Airlines you guys are at the top already?

Actually if you use the back arrows you’ll see that I was responding to Rogallo and we were talking about comparisons to IBT UPS who just signed that recent deal.

Pointless at the moment to want to compare yourself to SWA anyway since they haven’t signed any deal for you to compare to yet and they currently earn around $4.00 per hour less than you.

Plus all of that outsourcing of work.

I am not trying to compare myself to anyone. As for their earnings, $4.00 less per hour is why they are in negotiations. We are in negotiations to improve ourselves.
In the past, WN has always been ahead of us in wages in benefits now we finally are just about where we need to be. You state that WN is earning $4.00 less per hour and then you post a comparison graphics showing them ahead???

I am not trying to compare myself to anyone. As for their earnings, $4.00 less per hour is why they are in negotiations. We are in negotiations to improve ourselves.
In the past, WN has always been ahead of us in wages in benefits now we finally are just about where we need to be. You state that WN is earning $4.00 less per hour and then you post a comparison graphics showing them ahead???
I can tell you, a fully topped out SWA mechanic all in is right now $44.30. I am a lead my top out all in is $46.77..

Sure did didn't he? He's a gem isn't he???

I can tell you, a fully topped out SWA mechanic all in is right now $44.30. I am a lead my top out all in is $46.77..
Wow! You don't even know what an "all in" topped out mechanic makes at SWA.
Let me help you out a bit, and you can recalculate. The "all in" rate includes hourly rate, lic. pay, long pay, shift diff. pay. for the mechanics. 44.30 is not the correct top out "all in" rate. I am above that and not at the "all in" top out rate. Please get a clue before you post.

That graphic was “average” annual pay including overtime. On base wages your SWA counterpart currently is $4.00 per hour below you.

Now of course that will change when they finally vote in an agreement and get their retro checks which will make that $4.00 null and void.

When AA finally offers that buyout and those people leave and AA gets in a full year of their new labor expenses that average is going to drop off a cliff.

And WN was ahead of you because they have a lot less AMT’s and their Company never filed Bankruptcy or asked for concessions not to file Bankruptcy.

It’s all in the Bank, Buck. The Bank being Bankruptcy.

No UA is behind Delta. I had heard Delta is at $53.50. UA is at 49.53 for Dayshift line. That is counting $1.20 hr towards benefit costs for 40 hrs a week only. So that 1.20 is not part of the equation during overtime.

I’m talking about on the starting line with BASE wages only. They’re only going to do a comparison on your base. If Delta were higher than you on their base then you would have an adjustment.

Everything else is add on’s.

Buck. Base wages. SWA is almost $4.00 per hour behind AA (Currently)

C6F88B41-5341-4A23-B716-49DD5B26B3CF.jpeg

48CE978E-57A6-4EDB-B88A-13DBDB9ABEBD.jpeg

Comparisons would be made on base plus all premiums. Total hourly wage. Delta is $4 an hour higher than UA.

I’m talking about on the starting line with BASE wages only. They’re only going to do a comparison on your base. If Delta were higher than you on their base then you would have an adjustment.

Everything else is add on’s.

Wow! You don't even know what an "all in" topped out mechanic makes at SWA.
Let me help you out a bit, and you can recalculate. The "all in" rate includes hourly rate, lic. pay, long pay, shift diff. pay. for the mechanics. 44.30 is not the correct top out "all in" rate. I am above that and not at the "all in" top out rate. Please get a clue before you post.
Oh I have been a lead too long asshole ,let me break it down. AUG 2012 mechanic flat rate $38.59, 2-.00 a license up to three unless the shop requires it. So $4.00. Longevity up to $1.30, working third shift $.63 cents. So a total of $44.52, so I am so fing sorry I missed by .22¢. Like I said forgot that .22¢.

Last edited:
Trying to think in a reasonable sensible way but who in the US Government would accept a bribe to include people in your line of work that you feel shouldn’t be there?

Besides exactly what purpose does that serve? If you have your A&P don’t you get paid more for your licenses?

Others “Related” are paid a lot less per hour than you are right?

Again help me to understand precisely what purpose it serves really to have lumped “and related” into your designation?

Are “and related” actually “related” to the work you perform for the most part? Or in some way shape or form?

Thanks for the laugh.
I will humor the question, if our group is diluted with non AMT types, it makes it much harder for us to separate from the one size fits all industrial union.
What does pay have to do with it? Last I checked Facilities mechanics were making 80 cents more per hour base pay than an AMT. Further degrading the value of our license pay by giving skill pay to almost everyone else.
What is the value having AMTs lumped in with the and relateds? One word, leverage.
Are they related? About as much as a flight attendant is to a pilot..

Thanks for the laugh.
I will humor the question, if our group is diluted with non AMT types, it makes it much harder for us to separate from the one size fits all industrial union.
What does pay have to do with it? Last I checked Facilities mechanics were making 80 cents more per hour base pay than an AMT. Further degrading the value of our license pay by giving skill pay to almost everyone else.
What is the value having AMTs lumped in with the and relateds? One word, leverage.
Are they related? About as much as a flight attendant is to a pilot..

Ok but again what year was the designation made?

Wasn’t there a time that AMT’s pretty much did all of that work? I would guarantee you go back far enough and your Group and the Pilots even put the mail and bags on the Airplane.

What I’m trying to ascertain is why the designation “lumping” others into your line of work exists in the first place.

Personally I doubt the DOL gives one little rats phuck since all it basically is is data collection.

Bureau of “Labor Statistics”

Ok but again what year was the designation made?

Wasn’t there a time that AMT’s pretty much did all of that work? I would guarantee you go back far enough and your Group and the Pilots even put the mail and bags on the Airplane.

What I’m trying to ascertain is why the designation “lumping” others into your line of work exists in the first place.

Personally I doubt the DOL gives one little rats phuck since all it basically is is data collection.

Bureau of “Labor Statistics”

You would be wrong, the NMB decides who is lumped with who.
The NMB is made up of appointees.
Easily influenced type appointees.

You would be wrong, the NMB decides who is lumped with who
The NMB is made up of appointees.
Easily influenced type appointees.

I swear I’m not trying to crush your opinion but again I think the narrative behind what you’re thinking is just a little out there. It’s not quite in the conspiracy realm of the Moon landing being staged but just on my common sense meter alone this one registers off the charts.

If these Airlines really wanted to water you guys down like you say they would have included us Baggage Handlers in there as well.

And again what year was the first BLS statistic for your skilled trade released?

Back