Aircraft maint issues

Under the ASS , how are each groups votes counted? For a TA
to pass do you need a positive count from both unions or a 50%
plus one count of the total of both memberships?

Since no one has addressed this question, I can only give what I think. I believe it will be the usual 50% plus 1 of the entire combined group. The NMB now looks at this asso. as 1 group since they combined and no longer looking at it as 2 different groups, especially when you guys are voting on a JCBA. I do understand that you guys are being represented by locations as to who is your represenative, however, I do believe the NMB will look at the group as one. So my guess would be 50% plus 1 more vote will be the prevailing results.

Since no one has addressed this question, I can only give what I think. I believe it will be the usual 50% plus 1 of the entire combined group. The NMB now looks at this asso. as 1 group since they combined and no longer looking at it as 2 different groups, especially when you guys are voting on a JCBA. I do understand that you guys are being represented by locations as to who is your represenative, however, I do believe the NMB will look at the group as one. So my guess would be 50% plus 1 more vote will be the prevailing results.

Hilarious. A guy guessing a vote outcome before there's even anything to vote on?

Huh?

I agree. Although it is nice to receive a PS check, I have long felt that it is way better to receive that amount in salary. This kind of reminds me of people who adjust their income tax deductions just so they can get that refund check instead of adjusting it where you basically break even but have more money throughout the year.

We're tied together with ALL the Labor groups as those costs rise and extravagant Profits diminish. So that 1 time per year check is going to become smaller and smaller to the point where we'll be lucky to take our women out for a nice meal on it.

This is one time people should have shut up and listened to what Parker was telling them instead of shouting "I want, I want, Mommy I want a Comic Book"

Yes. I'm pissed at the idiots out there.

Last edited:
Hilarious. A guy guessing a vote outcome before there's even anything to vote on?

Huh?
Do you always have to be rude .swamt is a amt he is welcome here. Where you never have any thing to add other then cheerleading for the ass are wanting the iampf witch most amt do not want so save your iampf speech on the fleet page

Do you always have to be rude .swamt is a amt he is welcome here. Where you never have any thing to add other then cheerleading for the ass are wanting the iampf witch most amt do not want so save your iampf speech on the fleet page

You have both writing and reading comprehension problems. You see my handle and react. That's all you know HOW to do.

That comment I said to Swamp was absolutely not rude. It was the truth that his comment was ridiculous.

Hey Conehead you going to go out and scream "I want more Profit Sharing, I want more Profit Sharing"

I recall you being one of those Cheerleaders.

Finally something to unite line and overhaul.

Here is what due dilegence and how long it has been around. This definitely falls under that category.This is an "Association", not a merger.

"the first such diligence as a reasonable person under the same circumstances would use : use of reasonable but not necessarily exhaustive efforts —called also reasonable diligence Editor's note: Due diligence is used most often in connection with the performance of a professional or fiduciary duty, or with regard to proceeding with a court action. Due care is used more often in connection with general tort actions."

The best thing to do, is to find someone who is a lawyer. There has to someone in your group that knows someone that has a law license, and is qualified. Use an independent counsel to draw up a set questions and have Lombardo, Rosen, Petersen, and other top level TWU International Officers/IAM officials put answers to the questions and put their John Hancock to it Do not allow, a 10th level employee to sign and answer it.

Make sure at least 80 percent of your work group signs on to the questions you want answered.

This is where the Pilots have an advantage, they have a little level higher representation they we have, including many pilots, being lawyers including one of their Presidents during the bankruptcy.

A little anecdote, when United went bankrupt, and the pilots lost their pensions, they had no one to sue, they owned the airline. You guys will, including the Twu and Iam, Rosen Lombardo, and all the other officials if this is done right.Or the ones who signed off on this. As of now, the way its done, I don't believe you guy's will have recourse.

On the fleet side, there's maybe one percent who understand the contract, let alone their retirement, and even care.

The questions are easy: Who has done the due diligence on this, and has Lombardo/Rosen signed off on this. Who is the outside independent financial advisor that did the audit of the Pension fund? Why is it considered suitable to us? How come we don't get a choice to join or not join? Many more questions, a lawyer will come up with too.
On the fleet side, there's maybe one percent who understand the contract, let alone their retirement, and even care.

Are you serious? Where do you work?

Huh?
Can you answer my question weasel ? (dam spell check will not let me call you WeAAsel)

Has it changed that all title groups must vote in their own version of the TA, but the contract
is not signed until all groups pass theirs ? (TWU)

Back to my original question, do both unions need to pass with positive votes? Or do you take
the total votes from both unions?

It took years of fighting by the Title1 group to have separate (Title Specific) TA's, I would hate
to have lost that, but worse (for TWU members) is a contract that would pass by a small amount of total votes and the IAM voted 100% & TWU members voting the TA down but it still passes.

The info maybe available, but I have not seen it.

Can you answer my question weasel ? (dam spell check will not let me call you WeAAsel)

Has it changed that all title groups must vote in their own version of the TA, but the contract

Back to my original question, do both unions need to pass with positive votes? Or do you take

It took years of fighting by the Title1 group to have separate (Title Specific) TA's, I would hate
to have lost that, but worse (for TWU members) is a contract that would pass by a small amount of total votes and the IAM voted 100% & TWU members voting the TA down but it still passes.

Some great questions here Chik (And don't mind being called weasel or even worse names as you can tell)

First one I'm not sure? They could I guess hold back on implementing if another group turns it down? Don't know what that game plan might be when the time comes?

There won't be a separation of TWU votes to IAM votes. We're all going to be one group in each class or Title Group.

I'd also tend to think/hope that each group will vote separately.

Any kind of oddities I'm sure they'll inform us.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.PNG
    IMG_0036.PNG
    258.1 KB · Views: 224
All's well and good Coney but the ASS can probably go Nuclear much the way Congress does and change any written rule ,after all you were't able to vote for them in the first place.

Last edited:

Thx for the support, but, if everyone would re-read my post I did not guess at any vote before it was put out. I simply gave a guess to the mans question at hand. And it will more than likely be 50% plus one that WILL prevail. Rather it's for, or against a new contract for the mechanic's group. He's a moron that has no clue what he is talking about when it comes to mechanics in this industry. Let him go and do not respond to him, it drives him crazy. That's why he responded as he did to my post. I have completely quit responding to him and it's driving him nuts that I cut him off. That's also why he keeps trying to constantly reel me in, won't work. I have no idea how you guys will end up voting, and for him to assume that I did just shows his ignorance once again. Good luck on your nego's conehead.
BTW he even solidified my original post in HIS #758 post. LOL you just gotta luv this stuff man...

Thanks ! Is this on the TWU website? I figured it was available on there but
it puts me in a dark mood every time i sign in so I was avoiding it.

Nice job by Dale and Gary. Many folks have been requesting that for some time. What was lacking was Association representation. Seems a little strange the new powerhouse can't get reps from both sides of the aisle to attend...

Latest posts

Back