Airline execs to reap millions

Bob Owens said:
Or AA before they filed BK. Remember Little telling us to lobby on behalf of a bill giving AA pension funding relief? Well another way of saying that is "allowing AA to not put the money we gave them in concessions into the pension plan like it was intended". Instead our money was used to pay banks millions in interest and Fees every time AA renegotiated the loans, it was used to pay lessors (banks) for Fokkers that AA didn't fly anymore, and other lessors rents on facilities AA didn't use anymore. Of course you can be sure that the executives pensions were fully funded.
I do remember Little asking us to lobby for the company so they could under fund our pension.  I don't know anyone who did it.  Also I will never forget management grabbing money left and right and Brundage telling us to shut up because AA had put money into the pension fund.  It was never what they owed but substantially less but the TWU never squawked a bit about it.  We were taken for a ride by AA and by the TWU.  Again the TWU looks out for the company and not for the membership.  

Latest posts