Alpa Phl Lec Officer

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
On May 25 two US Airways pilots traveled to Washington and met with ALPA International president Captain Duane Woerth. They presented Woerth with the list of Philadelphia Council 41 pilots, that have signed a petition asking ALPA National to call a Special Meeting to address the following three agenda items:

1. Consideration of the Recall of Captain Rep/Chairman John A. Crocker.

2. Consideration of the Recall of First Officer Rep/Vice-Chairman Daniel J. Von Bargen.

3. Consideration of the Recall of Secretary/Treasurer Ira R. Josephson.

The grass roots effort to replace the Philadelphia Reps was conducted because the current LEC reps would not hold a meeting for their recall and they violated a Council resolution by not holding a meeting in May. The recall effort required 30% of the pilots to sign a petition seeking a meeting, which is a huge under taking to get over 400 pilots, all of who have different schedules and are not in the base that often.

The meeting is tentatively scheduled for June 21, which provides the required ALPA notice.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

This will not bode well for those pilots who are not in agreement with Pollock and friends and the two lazy pilots who didn't want to take the time to circulate a petition for the 30% required to call a "speical meeting".

This could also be the beginning of the end to ALPA representing the U pilots for interferring with the recall constitutional process because a couple of ALPA pilots are too lazy to circulate a petition. If they have skipped the process of a petition to circulate to call a speical meeting, and have circumvented that "safe guard" and democratic process, they could very well be only 5 pilots that show up for the recall and be stacked by those two lazy pilots who wanted the ALPA International President to make the decision for the special meeting for "recall". If the majority truly rule the day, then the petition should circulate for the 30% needed to call a special meeting. That means that those pilots are in agreement with those few pilots that believe they are not being fairly represented. However, this is not ocurring and this is deemed as "manipulation". This to me could create the National Labor Relations Board to get involved and charges should be filed if this occurs.

something our AFA International President would not do.

And as you well know USA320, we at AFA have the same structure and constitution you do.

PITbull said:
something our AFA International President would not do.
I am not sure exactly what the AFA International President "would not do," but if it is an implication that Pat and cronies will not do whatever they can to get rid of LECPs who do not tow the AFA Int'l party line, you have not been fully informed as to what has been going on at AFA/UAL over the past year.

It is the main reason the drive to rid UA of AFA was begun.

PitBull,

These folks manned the crewrooms and campained for a month ofr so to get 30% of the PHL domicile to sign on.

Everything is being done correctly, the meeting is called by National when the LEC refuses to call one.

UseYourHead said:
PitBull,

These folks manned the crewrooms and campained for a month ofr so to get 30% of the PHL domicile to sign on.

Everything is being done correctly, the meeting is called by National when the LEC refuses to call one.
Use your head,

Your pilots couldn't get enough folks to sign on to meet the 30%, don't esaggerate here.

They went to the International to by pass that step. When they do have the emeeting and a "recall" is voted on...

YOUR MEMBERS WILL BE BALLOTED! Majority will then "rule the day".

Pitbull,

I believe you will find the 30% target was met. That is the only way National can call the meeting. DW could call the meeting without 30% but I don't believe that is the case here.

algflyr said:
Pitbull,

I believe you will find the 30% target was met. That is the only way National can call the meeting. DW could call the meeting without 30% but I don't believe that is the case here.
I was told they did not get 30%.

You've got a lot of nerve posting internal ALPA business on this open forum. What are you trying to accomplish a320pilot? Got a grudge? Isn't it Ira who continually makes you look like a total %ss on the internal ALPA forum? Why put these guys names on here? If your such a big man why don't you run for office? Oh, I forgot, you did and YOU LOST! I think you should be banned AGAIN from the ALPA forum for posting internal issues on an open forum. You are not a union man, never have been, never will be. I have zero respect for you and I can tell you a lot of other pilots feel the same. You are a loose cannon and make us all look bad with your lack of common sense.

PITBull:

You are wrong and misrepresenting what occurred in Philadelphia. The grass roots recall effort was legitimate and the only reason Larry Thomas, a Brigadier General Selectee in NJ ANG, and Pete Gautheir and the former ALPA MEC Chairman, traveled to ALPA was to personally deliver the legitimate petition and to talk about the protocol with Paul Rice.

The petition would not have been required if the PHL Reps did not violate a standing Council resolution. When a recall agenda item is submitted the Chairman has 90 days to a LEC meeting, but the Chairman has not done so. In addition, on March 10 PHL Council 41 passed a resolution to hold a monthly LEC meeting, but after the recall agenda item was submitted on April 14, the Chairman has not scheduled a meeting against membership desire. Why? The chairman’s recall is on the agenda, thus, the Chairman has elected to violate ALPA protocol leaving the membership no choice but to obtain signatures from over 30% of the pilots to hold a LEC meeting.

The vocal majority will likely recall the PHL Reps who could be out of office before the Fourth of July.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

FlyingHyppie:

The ALPA Constitution and By-Laws provide a protocol for the recall of Reps. The membership has spoken and they want the Philadelphia Reps, especially after these men have used 19 roll call votes in less than two months in office.

In addition, against the advice of the ALPA President, ALPA director of representation, ALPA professional negotiator, the ALPA contract administrator, ALPA’s financial advisor, ALPA’s general counsel, and the majority of the MEC the Philadelphia Reps (along with the Pittsburgh Reps) recalled the entire Negotiating Committee (NC).

They then replaced the NC with three men who have never negotiated before and have not been trained for their position at the George Meaney Center. ALPA now has three men negotiating the most important contract in the history of the union who are rookies.

This is why the Philadelphia Reps will be recalled because they are the one’s who are not union people. These men are dictators versus representatives who do represent their Council’s resolutions.

Finally, in regard to Ira, he was the author of material ALPA referred to in the April 14 code-a-phone that said, "Emails with false and misleading information about proposed LOA 91 have been circulating among the pilot group disguised as authentic MEC material. Please do not be misled by this mis-information campaign. Genuine MEC materials discussing LOA 91 are being prepared and will be provided to you prior to the LOA 91 road shows."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

FlyingHippie said:
<snip>
I have zero respect for you and I can tell you a lot of other pilots feel the same. You are a loose cannon and make us all look bad with your lack of common sense.
<snip>
Amen. :rolleyes:

What a fun person to travel with! It's bad enough on here but being a captive audience must be downright miserable.

Happy flying. :D

FlyingHippie,

Glad to hear the voice of a real US pilot. It is interesting to see that USA320 is not well received on his own board and that this is the only place he can live his dream.

While I wish no harm on you or US Airways. Glad to hear the truth that when he ran for office the pilots of US were able to see through the BS and the alleged insider information.

Best of Luck

Back