Alpa Phl Lec Officer

Magsau:

I lost the LGA election by three votes. FlyingHippie misrepresented the true information and I find no shame in losing. I have a lot of respect for Captain Rep Leo Geurrero.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320,

Don't count your chickens....there has to be a ballot in PHL in order to have the officers "recalled".

It's amazing and interesting how much ALPA union has to spend on politics and political rangling especially in this environment.

It goes to show how necessary the "roll call" is that PHL and PIT need to use this in order tp protect the ALPA membership from the minority MEC who are only trying to protect their own azzzes in the cockpit.

As a pilot who was actively involved in the successful recall of the PIT Captain rep a few months ago I am eager to see the effort occur in PHL. 320 and his minions will be shocked with the results. The PHL pilots will again affirm that the 3 sitting reps represent their interests of the majority and not the selfish interests of the fearful group who are willing to give away their career in hopes of saving their job.

mr

USA320Pilot said:
Magsau:

I lost the LGA election by three votes. FlyingHippie misrepresented the true information and I find no shame in losing. I have a lot of respect for Captain Rep Leo Geurrero.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
But tell them what the total number of pilots that voted for you was. Everyone should keep in mind that LGA is a very small pilot base.

Career furloughee

mwereplanes said:
As a pilot who was actively involved in the successful recall of the PIT Captain rep a few months ago I am eager to see the effort occur in PHL. 320 and his minions will be shocked with the results. The PHL pilots will again affirm that the 3 sitting reps represent their interests of the majority and not the selfish interests of the fearful group who are willing to give away their career in hopes of saving their job.

mr
Depends. It's a forgone conclusion that Duane-O will schedule the vote at a time that allows for all of the "pro-recall" folks to show up.

Is this polled at a meeting or done via an honest to goodness poll? If it's the meeting, look for exactly what I describe.

Then the existing group can recall the guys who replace them, and away we go again.

Item 3. The LGA Council 135 LEC election ballot count was completed on October 10, and the results are as follows:

With 62.2% of the eligible pilots participating in the vote:

Captain Leo A. Guerrero was elected captain rep with 27 votes.

edited by moderator

Captain Raymond E. Belz was elected first officer rep with 42 votes.

Captain Donald Breeger received 8 votes.

First Officer Bruce R. Limpitlaw was elected secretary/treasurer with 34 votes.

First Officer George M. Platz received 12 votes.

This term of office begins March 1, 2004 and ends on February 28, 2006.

USA320pilot isn't even based in PHL (he's based in edited,) but he gets great satisfaction in interfering with a process in which he has no business.

Does anyone recall that the LGA LEC rep called him a "worm" on the private LGA message boards? I do. Shows you just how much respect he gets in his own base. No wonder his nose is stuck in PHL where it does not belong.

nycbusdriver said:
Does anyone recall that the LGA LEC rep called him a "worm" on the private LGA message boards?
Why does this not surprise me in the least? :rolleyes:

"Every man has three characters: that which he shows, that which he has, and that which he thinks he has."
— Alphonse Karr, French journalist (1808-1890)

USA320Pilot said:

In addition, against the advice of the ALPA President, ALPA director of representation, ALPA professional negotiator, the ALPA contract administrator, ALPA’s financial advisor, ALPA’s general counsel, and the majority of the MEC the Philadelphia Reps (along with the Pittsburgh Reps) recalled the entire Negotiating Committee (NC).
Against these guys sounds like the right place to be!

PITbull said:
USA320,

Don't count your chickens....there has to be a ballot in PHL in order to have the officers "recalled".

It's amazing and interesting how much ALPA union has to spend on politics and political rangling especially in this environment.
PitBull,

The majority of pilots strongly disagree with what is happening at the MEC level, and a 30% petition showing is very strong evidence of that;in fact, 30% is more votes than the total votes that elected these officers.

It is at times like these that the membership does get engaged, and in fact they have and are...and that is good.

In the end, if the pilots agree with the PHL reps they will carry the day...unlikely by these events

I have a question to the moderator.

Why was only one name deleted from the post above? That name is the one of interest since that person makes the statements that have caused most of the consternation here. The other names are, as far as I know, totally blameless and not a part of the discussion. I would think you would delete their names and let stand the name of the one person in issue here.

Respectfully...

hp_fa said:
I have a question to the moderator.

Why was only one name deleted from the post above? That name is the one of interest since that person makes the statements that have caused most of the consternation here. The other names are, as far as I know, totally blameless and not a part of the discussion. I would think you would delete their names and let stand the name of the one person in issue here.

Respectfully...
I was wondering the exact same thing. It seems to me that USA320pilot identified himself in stating that he had lost the LGA election by 3 votes. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure who that is, what with his reputation around US Airways and all.

Back