ALPA/USAPA Topic for week of 1/24 to 1/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
One hurdle done, should move along now....

NMB Rules Single Carrier Status

The ruling from the NMB: East and West are operating as a single carrier.

USAPA is seeking a change in union representation for the US Airways pilots. US Airways management and USAPA asserted that both the America West and US Airways pilots constituted a single transportation system for purposes of union representation.

The NMB also concluded that USAPA will have 14 days from today (January 23) to submit authorization cards from at least 50 percent of the combined pilot group.

Following is the NMB’s conclusion:

“The Board finds that East and West are operating as a single transportation system for representation purposes under the RLA. Accordingly, USAPA's application in File No. CR-6926 is converted to NMB Case No. R-7147. Pursuant to Manual Section 19.6, the investigation will proceed to address the representation of the proper craft or class. USAPA and any other interested organizations have 14 days from the date of this determination to file an application supported by a showing of interest of more than fifty (50) percent of the single transportation system or to supplement the showing of interest in accordance with Manual Sections 19.601 - 19.603. The participants are reminded that existing certifications remain in effect until the Board issues a new certification or dismissal. See Manual Section 19.7.â€￾

Take your seniority back!!!!!

America West pilots should not get years they do NOT deserve.

Bring it on!!!!

Since the other thread had well over 300 posts, I thought we would start this week's a day early-and since the NMB story is related, I have converted that thread to the ALPA/USAPA thread for the coming week.

I remind you all to keep on topic -- comment on the issues not the people.

Why won't anyone post the specifics of USAPAs finances? Why would a union who is trying to court members keep that kind of thing secret? Is Bradford really carrying the finances in his sock?

WILL USAPA AGREE TO AN INDEPENDENT AUDIT OF ITS FINANCES?

Why won't anyone post the specifics of USAPAs finances? Why would a union who is trying to court members keep that kind of thing secret? Is Bradford really carrying the finances in his sock?

If USAPA becomes the CBA there will be full disclosure. I believe all unions must report finances in some form. At this point there is no real need.

Just out of curiosity, what specifically are you looking for? The total in voluntary donations? The total expenditures to date? Why flame bait about Bradford? Mark King is the treasurer. Why don't you send your questions to [email protected] ? Maybe they can answer you. I doubt very seriously you would believe them though.

What's your point?

East annual dues to ALPA national 10 million.

Amount back to East to run MEC 4 million.

These are round numbers but accurate. Now I imagine USAPA will be able to run the union just fine on dues coming in and will certainly decrease the percentage when compared to ALPA.

As far as how much they have at this moment: Let's just say more than enough to get the union up and running. This election will be very interesting. ALPA is in very deep crap on this property and knows it. USAPA has a very solid chance at becoming the new agent on the property.

And make no mistake, USAPA will represent the pilots, ALL pilots, of US Airways with dignity and professionalism and retake the profession on this property. When you see who will be involved on the committees the East will feel very comfortable with what has taken place and continues to take place as USAPA takes form and structure.

This should have happened a long time ago and it will be a blueprint for the pilots of this country who are tired of the chicken**** representation they receive from ALPA.

pilot

This should have happened a long time ago and it will be a blueprint for the pilots of this country who are tired of the chicken**** representation they receive from ALPA.

pilot

I couldn't agree more!!! Great post :up:

Actually, the finances are carried in a cod piece he is wearing when he shows up for roadshow meetings. But per the ALPA policy manual no below the waist camera shots are permitted.....they fill up the screen!! :lol: :up: :shock: (Oh, that's not right!)

On a more serious note finances are not disclosable unless and until USAPA becomes the CBagent. They are then required to submit the financial reports under the LMRDA as all labor organizations are to the Department of Labor. Right now, they run under donations. These are required to be reported to the IRS only....USAPA is not yet one of the Labor organizations recognized to collectively bargain, as of yet. But I can assure you they are making ALL required reports. Just not to YOU!

Don't worry, though, USAPA isn't going to "starve".

Just out of curiosity, what specifically are you looking for? The total in voluntary donations? The total expenditures to date? Why flame bait about Bradford? Mark King is the treasurer. Why don't you send your questions to [email protected] ? Maybe they can answer you. I doubt very seriously you would believe them though.

What's your point?

When pilots are asked to make a choice as important as this, which will impact their careers for many years into the future, shouldn't they have a little more information regarding the solvency of one of the participants? For many, the raw emotion isn't enough. Why not offer some transparency to the finances of USAPA? The U-SAPs crowd pretends that this is a frathouse prank, when it is far from it

And if Bradford has decided to wade into this water, he'd better be able to fend off a shark or two.

WHAT IS USAPA TRYING TO HIDE ?

I know how solvent ALPA is. USAPA not so much.

WHY DOES USAPA OPPOSE ACCOUNTABILITY?

When pilots are asked to make a choice as important as this, which will impact their careers for many years into the future, shouldn't they have a little more information regarding the solvency of one of the participants? For many, the raw emotion isn't enough. Why not offer some transparency to the finances of USAPA? The U-SAPs crowd pretends that this is a frathouse prank, when it is far from it

And if Bradford has decided to wade into this water, he'd better be able to fend off a shark or two.

WHAT IS USAPA TRYING TO HIDE ?

NOTHING!!! (My font is bigger than yours! :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts