ALPA/USAPA topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, my proof:

Edited to remove accidental quote of part of previous post...

At that time, the Company’s management gave much consideration to the question of whether or how a stand-alone plan could be achieved. The only possibility of a feasible stand-alone plan would have required a massive downsizing, pursuant to which more than one-half the employees would lose their jobs, and the fleet and scope of operations would be greatly reduced. Ultimately, we were not able to develop such a feasible downsizing model on a detailed basis, in part because we knew that we lacked the liquidity to transition from a larger airline to a smaller airline, as any such transition necessarily has revenue reductions occurring at a faster initial rate than cost reductions. The Company did not have the resources to transition to a small carrier.

In contrast to efforts to develop a stand-alone plan, as work continued to be
done on the possibility of a merger with America West, it became apparent that through the
synergies involved in the business combination, a business plan could be generated that
showed the prospect of sustained viability and vitality, even in an extraordinarily difficult
business environment. Thus, it was not surprising that, when creditors and investors were
shown the business model of a combined US Airways/America West entity, such a plan
attracted additional debt and equity financing.

Bruce Lakefield, Declaration to the BK court filed 9/14/2005

You have the link to the location of that document.

Jim

Boy, this has gotten entertaining.

Jim, I don't think you'll ever get your answer. I have a feeling Nos will be on his way to the corn field pretty soon. Just in time to save him from having to answer any questions.

I commend you for your patience, and for keeping on topic and not allowing him to successfully redirect. :up:

Cry for the moderator again. I respect men like you. I mentioned the seabury report stand alone plan, jim gave me a link that provides the names of all the planets in the solar system. Jim one more time, provide a link that US Airways did not have a stand alone plan, period.

Wrong again, Nos - the standalone plan was "mythical" because it was nothing more than the very general "transformation plan" that US outlined to the BK court, as I said:

Oh yeah - the mythical "standalone" plan. The one called the "transformation plan" when US entered BK2. The same one that was based on oil prices that didn't exist when your quoted item enters the timeline. Could it be that the "standalone" plan was becoming less and less realistic as time went on?

So there never was a true standalone plan, only a "cut costs and hope" plan. You don't have to take my word for it, you can take Lakefield's word for it:

done on the possibility of a merger with America West.....

Now, your proof that a standalone plan really existed. Link please so I can read this supposed standalone plan....

Jim

Once again, my proof:

Edited to remove accidental quote of part of previous post...

At that time, the Company’s management gave much consideration to the question of whether or how a stand-alone plan could be achieved. The only possibility of a feasible stand-alone plan would have required a massive downsizing, pursuant to which more than one-half the employees would lose their jobs, and the fleet and scope of operations would be greatly reduced. Ultimately, we were not able to develop such a feasible downsizing model on a detailed basis, in part because we knew that we lacked the liquidity to transition from a larger airline to a smaller airline, as any such transition necessarily has revenue reductions occurring at a faster initial rate than cost reductions. The Company did not have the resources to transition to a small carrier.

done on the possibility of a merger with America West, it became apparent that through the
synergies involved in the business combination, a business plan could be generated that
showed the prospect of sustained viability and vitality, even in an extraordinarily difficult
business environment. Thus, it was not surprising that, when creditors and investors were
shown the business model of a combined US Airways/America West entity, such a plan
attracted additional debt and equity financing.

Bruce Lakefield, Declaration to the BK court filed 9/14/2005

You have the link to the location of that document.

Jim

Thank you for providing a link for the general public that we can click on that provides facts we do not need a law degree for. Well, never mind, will just believe you because, well your jim and you seem like a nice guy.

The document is there - don't want to go to the trouble of going to the right page? BTW, the link I provided is to documents filed with the BK court - they're full of facts, as opposed to many of your links (never mind your cute misleading titles for your links).

Jim

I know how to play this game jim, I admit I did not ask the right questions while you provided the right answers. I am not worthy sir.

How's this - from your link no less.....

"“Transformation Planâ€￾ for standalone reorganization made public"

There's your "standalone" plan, as presented by Luth via your own "proof".

Jim

Or there's this - Bruce Lakefields words describing the transformation plan (aka "standalone plan"):

Although it was not apparent at the time US Airways emerged from chapter 11 [BK1, as discussed earlier in the document - Jim], it is now apparent that US Airways must fundamentally transform itself if it is to survive. It must compete in every respect with the low-cost carriers. During 2004, US Airways’ management developed a plan called the “Transformation Planâ€￾ for transforming US Airways into a fully competitive and profitable airline.

Throughout the Spring and Summer of 2004, the Debtors communicated with key stakeholders and the public US Airways’ plan to seek to implement, by September 2004, the actions needed and the cost reductions necessary to transform the airline into a viable competitor. The Debtors aggressively sought to obtain the necessary agreements to allow full implementation of their Transformation Plan without the need for filing new chapter 11 cases. An essential element of the Transformation Plan, however, is significant reductions in labor costs through changes in the Debtors’ collective bargaining agreements. The Debtors were not able to achieve those reductions prior to the filing of these chapter 11 cases.

With losses mounting, available cash declining, and defaults or cross defaults looming under the Debtors’ key agreements with the ATSB, GE, Bombardier, Embraer, American Express, Bank of America, and others, the Debtors had no practical alternative but to file for chapter 11 protection again in order to preserve their assets while attempting to complete implementation of the Transformation Plan.

Bruce Lakefield, BK court filing September 2004

Jim

"W. DOUGLAS PARKER, Chairman, America West Airlines: We most certainly would have filed bankruptcy. And in today's economic environment, it's unclear as to whether we could have made it through a bankruptcy. So I don't think it's an overstated situation to say, it's certainly unclear as to whether America West could have survived without this cash infusion, without the loan guarantees."

Thank god for doug parkers sober investment, click here for proof.

DOUGLAS PARKER: "The industry has allowed its labor cost to get well above where they should be; what a free market would have them do. We simply are paying more as an industry than it takes to attract and retain qualified professionals."

Doug got his money click here Doug thanks congress and the 911 victims families.

"Please do not take my option exercise as an indication that I believe US Airways is “topping out”.

Click here for dougs 2 year stock chart. I am just the messanger.

You must understand employees, customers, investors and the US government, doug is so much better than you, he is the talent you must have to retain. This is at your expense by the way.

02/09/2007

Parker's letter to employees
02/09/2007 09:39 AM

Doug Parker this morning sent this letter to US Airways' 35,000 employees.

"Approximately one week ago tonight, I did something that I need to tell you about.

After spending the evening with several friends at a local golf tournament in Phoenix, I agreed to drive a couple of these friends home. Unfortunately, I was in too much of a hurry and was pulled over for speeding. When asked if I had anything to drink, I answered truthfully that while I believed I was okay to drive, I had consumed some alcohol during the course of the evening.

I was taken to a location where blood is drawn so my alcohol content could be tested for the legal limits. I am now awaiting those results. While I believe it is very likely those tests will come back under the legal limit, our local press has learned about the incident and will be writing a story about it shortly.

First and foremost, you need to know how embarrassed and sorry I am about this. I have let down all of you and also my family, and that is something I will have to live with irrespective of the outcome.

I know that by virtue of my position at our airline, all of my actions, personal and public, have consequences for all of us and I try very hard to live up to that responsibility. In this instance, my actions have not reflected well on US Airways and for that, I apologize. thanks for your support and understanding.''

02/09/2007

Parker's letter to employees
02/09/2007 09:39 AM

Doug Parker this morning sent this letter to US Airways' 35,000 employees.

"Approximately one week ago tonight, I did something that I need to tell you about.

After spending the evening with several friends at a local golf tournament in Phoenix, I agreed to drive a couple of these friends home. Unfortunately, I was in too much of a hurry and was pulled over for speeding. When asked if I had anything to drink, I answered truthfully that while I believed I was okay to drive, I had consumed some alcohol during the course of the evening.

I was taken to a location where blood is drawn so my alcohol content could be tested for the legal limits. I am now awaiting those results. While I believe it is very likely those tests will come back under the legal limit, our local press has learned about the incident and will be writing a story about it shortly.

First and foremost, you need to know how embarrassed and sorry I am about this. I have let down all of you and also my family, and that is something I will have to live with irrespective of the outcome.

I know that by virtue of my position at our airline, all of my actions, personal and public, have consequences for all of us and I try very hard to live up to that responsibility. In this instance, my actions have not reflected well on US Airways and for that, I apologize. thanks for your support and understanding.''

what a load of freshly baked crock from Phoenix ;) Oh wait...it's not freshly baked it's stale for a year *yucky mucky sucky*

I am a reporter of the news. It is not for my personal gain to point the hypocrisies out. I do not relish the fact that the reputation of an individual is tarnished, they brought that upon themselves, I just reported the news that it happened.

I am a reporter of the news. It is not for my personal gain to point the hypocrisies out. I do not relish the fact that the reputation of an individual is tarnished, they brought that upon themselves, I just reported the news that it happened.

Dude...I was talking about Dougweiser...don't worry NOS...you're in the good...now scamper along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back