alt in tulsa

mdb1969

Feb 18, 2008
heard the chairman of maint. pulled out of the Alt. meetings with the company. he tried to remove a union member and the president overruled him. i guess when you get on the Alt. you are untouchable. we need to stand behind our chairman of maint.

heard the chairman of maint. pulled out of the Alt. meetings with the company. he tried to remove a union member and the president overruled him. i guess when you get on the Alt. you are untouchable. we need to stand behind our chairman of maint.

What is the Alt meetings/

What is the Alt meetings/

ALT = Area Leadership Team - just another acronym to aid in making the incompetent feel important.

Basically, a group of union suck-butts assembled to do management's job for them while getting to feel important, hold meetings, and otherwise be unaccountable for their stupidity. I feel any involvement should be counted as MPR time as AFW did some time back; too much and you better hope the company likes you enough to provide a position for you 'cause you're out of the union.

My suggestion to the contract "wish list" on twu514's website was "1 day loss of occupational seniority for each shift or partial shift served as MPR".

6 of one and a half dozen of the other, though - if these "teams" were scrapped, the many who used them simply to get out of work might actually have to touch an airplane and really screw up AA's safety record. It may be better to leave them where they are.

I used to know what MPR stood for..... 4 years, and I've already forgotten. Is that the dollar per hour override for being an acting supervisor or something like that?

I used to know what MPR stood for..... 4 years, and I've already forgotten. Is that the dollar per hour override for being an acting supervisor or something like that?

That's it - Management Pay Rate.

I do not think this statement alone is information enough for anyone to take a pro or con position on this.
Time will tell I am sure.

ALT = (Mostly) Alternate Losers Team.

Who specifically resigned from what?

What Union member was he trying to remove and what for?

Doesn't this starting post smell a little of a stooge sniffling because he didnt get his/her way?

Details Please!

Who specifically resigned from what?

What Union member was he trying to remove and what for?

Doesn't this starting post smell a little of a stooge sniffling because he didnt get his/her way?

Details Please!
it was someone from hanger 3 tried to remove him for ratting out other union members in an alt meeting. the chairman of maint. at the tulsa base is no longer a member of the alt group in tulsa.i think all mechanics that have a set should walk out of the flt and alt meetings. i have nothing to gain from this just trying to get the info out

The alt (union side) partner should be in touch with the members not untouchable.its an appointed position ,should be elected position just like the shop stewards are. The members on the floor should be able to vote them in or out. that way they work for us not them(company!!).As long as the alt is an appointed position, if Pat (chairman of maint.)wants them out he has ever wright to do so if its a title I issue. We voted him in ,he was not appointed

Local 567 made it so all CI's,FLT's and ALT's are MPR activities correct?
If they did it was a wise move.
Will this be incorporated into TULE soon?
This would also be a wise move.

Local 567 made it so all CI's,FLT's and ALT's are MPR activities correct?
If they did it was a wise move.
Will this be incorporated into TULE soon?
This would also be a wise move.

I've been hoping for that for quite a while now. While it could have been a definite plus for the company, it, like anything else American gets into, was badly mismanaged.

Anything other than doing one's job should be MPR activity and the time involved counted towards removal from the TWU seniority list. I for one am rather tired of company suck-butts in the union ranks.

My understanding is he did remove an alt member. As a result, the remaining alt's boycotted the next alt meeting. While I agree the union should cease and desist all coopertive inititives until negotiations are complete, you'll have to admit the alt members displayed true solidarity for a fallen comrade. As for the C.O.M., not only myself but many others feel he a one termer. "Standing behind" a man in a hospital gown is extremely hard to do with a straight face.

My understanding is he did remove an alt member. As a result, the remaining alt's boycotted the next alt meeting. While I agree the union should cease and desist all coopertive inititives until negotiations are complete, you'll have to admit the alt members displayed true solidarity for a fallen comrade. As for the C.O.M., not only myself but many others feel he a one termer. "Standing behind" a man in a hospital gown is extremely hard to do with a straight face.
do not now what world you are living in but on the floor he is respected because he has the balls to go against people like you. grab your tie or just put hammick back in. what a loser