American Airlines Removes Pillows On Md80s

LD max said:
B)
Prediction: Early next year next to the gates will be 'pillow rental booths'. For 10 dollars each, pax will be able to rent pilows for their flight.
[post="201993"][/post]​
Prediction: You're proven correct within the next 6 mos.

LGA / 037 said:
kirkpatrick said:
But they change those pillow cases after every flight...don't they?

MK

Even my airline does'nt change them pillows and blankets except on the R.O.N.s
[post="202191"][/post]​

Kirkpatrick, is a furloughed twa f/a. He was being sarcastic.

So much for trying to compete full service. Note the onboard coach experience on WN still includes pillows, blankets, leather seats, magazines, free booze, no RJ and in most cases better food and now with LRTC more leg room

mrman said:
So much for trying to compete full service. Note the onboard coach experience on WN still includes pillows, blankets, leather seats, magazines, free booze, no RJ and in most cases better food and now with LRTC more leg room
[post="203390"][/post]​

What does WN have to do with anything?

I am not sure about other work groups, but the mechanics at WN are paid a lot more than those at AA. WN still makes a profit.

Removing pillows?

Lets see how the customer responds....

It could be like the ticket prices, increased one day and dropped the next.

Buck said:
What does WN have to do with anything?

I am not sure about other work groups, but the mechanics at WN are paid a lot more than those at AA. WN still makes a profit.

Removing pillows?

Lets see how the customer responds....

It could be like the ticket prices, increased one day and dropped the next.
[post="203393"][/post]​

What does how much the mechanics are paid at WN have to do with it? Mrman was comparing what is considered byt the public a "full service" carrier, with what is considered a "low cost" carrier. It seems that the lines are blurring more and more between the two.

IORFA said:
Since when does WN have FREE booze?
[post="203461"][/post]​

Drink coupons accompanying the Rapid Rewards free tickets make for part-time free booze for WN's frequent flyers.

SkyLiner said:
What does how much the mechanics are paid at WN have to do with it? Mrman was comparing what is considered byt the public a "full service" carrier, with what is considered a "low cost" carrier. It seems that the lines are blurring more and more between the two.
[post="203398"][/post]​

If you will reread my post, I indicated other work groups as well. And I believe that labor cost is a factor. As the line blurs, the labor cost becomes an even more important factor to the bottom line, just as fuel does.

mrman said:
[post="203390"][/post]​

Food? Southwest? Since when? Or, are you talking about their wheat thins as opposed to AA's pretzels?
Free booze? I think not.
LRTC? At AA, only on the 757s which are only used on leisure routes.

For what it's worth, I just got off my first six days back from furlough. I flew every day of the six days. Five of those days were on the S80.

Not one passenger on any leg (17 total) asked me for a pillow. And, in first class, they took the pillows off the seats and threw them in the floor. Pillows appear to be an issue only to those who would like to see AA fail.

The only time I use a pillow is if I have a window seat and use it to lean against the window. Keeps me from freezing.

jimntx said:
Food? Southwest? Since when? Or, are you talking about their wheat thins as opposed to AA's pretzels?
Free booze? I think not.
LRTC? At AA, only on the 757s which are only used on leisure routes.

For what it's worth, I just got off my first six days back from furlough. I flew every day of the six days. Five of those days were on the S80.

Not one passenger on any leg (17 total) asked me for a pillow. And, in first class, they took the pillows off the seats and threw them in the floor. Pillows appear to be an issue only to those who would like to see AA fail.
[post="203475"][/post]​

Yep AA is now charging in coach for food what WN gives for free in the snackpacks and its more than Wheatthins. Booze is free for their frequent flyers in coach. Add pillows, magazines more seat room, no RJ, leather seats, more liberal frequent flyer program WN has a better coach product and no walkup $1000 fare. And AA is now flying LRTC on more than Leisure routes from DFW Even more distrubing is the charging to buy a ticket at the counter or phone. What would you say if you went to bed bath and beyond and they told you they are charging you and extra $5 since you did not buy through their website.

mrman said:
What would you say if you went to bed bath and beyond and they told you they are charging you and extra $5 since you did not buy through their website.
[post="230237"][/post]​

That's the whole point of what AMR is up to here, the more people they can force into their self-serve airline travel mode, the more employees they can force onto the unemployment line. Less employees means bigger profits for corporate and more importantly, bigger bonuses.

No pillow, no blankets, selling freeze dried shelf stable meals on board instead of providing a meal service - AA is officially LESS than a Low Cost Carrier.

Now, when is that you're not serving meals, providing blankets, handing out pillows, the safety features are now on video, what the hell do we need you flight attendants for anymore union contract come up for renewal?

I'm betting AA is still pissed off that the self-service kiosks haven't taken off - they haven't been able to dump as many non-union agent positions as they had hoped to by now - but they keep buying those nasty machines!!

WingNaPrayer said:
That's the whole point of what AMR is up to here, the more people they can force into their self-serve airline travel mode, the more employees they can force onto the unemployment line. Less employees means bigger profits for corporate and more importantly, bigger bonuses.

No pillow, no blankets, selling freeze dried shelf stable meals on board instead of providing a meal service - AA is officially LESS than a Low Cost Carrier.

Now, when is that you're not serving meals, providing blankets, handing out pillows, the safety features are now on video, what the hell do we need you flight attendants for anymore union contract come up for renewal?

I'm betting AA is still pissed off that the self-service kiosks haven't taken off - they haven't been able to dump as many non-union agent positions as they had hoped to by now - but they keep buying those nasty machines!!
[post="230249"][/post]​
oh dont we love these brilliant "IDEAS IN ACTION" lets pull seats off to save legroom, no lets put the seats back on, lets pull the meals off, no lets put the meals back on, lets pull the pillows off, no lets put the pillows back on..... heres an IDEA lets just throw as much #### against the wall and hope some of it sticks! :shock:

WingNaPrayer said:
[post="230249"][/post]​

Don't know where you're getting your information, but kiosk usage has trended up every month from Dec 2003 to Dec2004, with a 10-15% increase year over year.

70% or 80% of all check-in at CO and WN is being done with kiosks, so they must know something you don't.

Back