American jets fuller

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here

American Airlines Inc. filled 87 percent of its seats in July, up from 85.4 percent in June and 85.1 percent in July 2005. The July load factor is believed to be the highest for any month in American's history.

The carrier has set new monthly records for load factors every month this year, beating the old records set in 2005.

American reported that its traffic declined 2.3 percent, with a 4.5 percent reduction in capacity.

Does that 87% include non-revs?
What about all the non-airline people that are flying free or less then what AA employees pay? ie. Sky Chef and Sabre employees flying on D2s

...no, DOT traffic figures are only made up of revenue pax only. Some airlines, depending on what they charge, do include their buddy pass pax...

Does that 87% include non-revs?
What about all the non-airline people that are flying free or less then what AA employees pay? ie. Sky Chef and Sabre employees flying on D2s

Its not like we the employees can get on a plane to D2. How often do you really get a seat? It's about the same as your chances of winning the lottery!

FWIW, I had no problem with any of our D2 or D3 travel in the past two months. My wife's folks even got first class into DFW as D3's.

FWIW, I had no problem with any of our D2 or D3 travel in the past two months. My wife's folks even got first class into DFW as D3's.

==========================================================
FM,

Could the fact that there are multiple trip from DFW to almost all destinations, be a factor ?

Given the fact that he had to return to DFW, how does that have any bearing on the issue?

In close to 20 years of non-reving, I have only had to over night once and that was due to WX. Also, I have only bought 2 tickest, once for a cruise (boat ain;t going to wait) and a tour (it is not going to wait either).

On the other hand...

I was working a DFW-COS flight last month and had a non-rev family on that had been in DFW for 2 days trying to get to Denver. They ended up getting on the flight to COS because some revenue passengers misconnected.

Latest posts