American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

They tried.

yeah, we all know that - we were there.

the context was someone from another airline who didn't know the BK history of 2 different airlines that eventually merged...trying to tie that mangled info into today's aa AMTs dumping the assoc.

it's a big deal. 8-9 years more of getting vested.

they could have filed in 2003, just like everyone else - save southwest.

They tried.

given the BK laws, if laa really wanted to terminate the pensions, they would have been gone.

i believe they didn't put a full-court press in terminating laa pensions because the PBGC pushed back on the amount of money laa still had while in BK and laa smelled a merger and they wanted to make nice with the govt.

govt. is angry with you - govt. rejects merger based on anti-trust laws.

end result - pensions frozen, not terminated.

yeah, we all know that - we were there.

the context was someone from another airline who didn't know the BK history of 2 different airlines that eventually merged...trying to tie that mangled info into today's aa AMTs dumping the assoc.

it's a big deal. 8-9 years more of getting vested.

they could have filed in 2003, just like everyone else - save southwest.
Another 9 years in vesting was nice. When aa tried to dump the pensions the pbgc wanted stock in the company since allthe creditors where made whole. Except of course the employees, which will happen again.
If there is a vote, the association is history.

Reactions: Talos and swamt
Another 9 years in vesting was nice. When aa tried to dump the pensions the pbgc wanted stock in the company since allthe creditors where made whole. Except of course the employees, which will happen again.
If there is a vote, the association is history.

I surely hope so. Been a long time coming. Organizers and AMFA delivering the signed cards to the NMB was a great Thanksgiving present to end 2020's rough year :) Now waiting on NMB to make a Merry Christmas present announcement :) And hopefully a Happy New Year present of the association being removed next year :) a great way to start 2021.
The waiting game sux while the nmb is verifying everything.

given the BK laws, if laa really wanted to terminate the pensions, they would have been gone.

i believe they didn't put a full-court press in terminating laa pensions because the PBGC pushed back on the amount of money laa still had while in BK and laa smelled a merger and they wanted to make nice with the govt.

govt. is angry with you - govt. rejects merger based on anti-trust laws.

end result - pensions frozen, not terminated.
Spot on with that. They would of jersey the employees around any way they could without the pressure of the govt refusing the merger.

That all will stop now that Trump has blown up the Covid Relief portion of the Omnibus Bill. We could be heading for a gov shutdown on Monday, with a new congress beginning January 3, 2021. They would then have to pass a new bill (any unsigned legislation from this congress dies at midnight January 2, 2021).

That all will stop now that Trump has blown up the Covid Relief portion of the Omnibus Bill. We could be heading for a gov shutdown on Monday, with a new congress beginning January 3, 2021. They would then have to pass a new bill (any unsigned legislation from this congress dies at midnight January 2, 2021).
seeing whats in the bill cant say that i disagree with trump. (im not a trump lover) but its crazy are we stimulating the whole freaking world?

seeing whats in the bill cant say that i disagree with trump. (im not a trump lover) but its crazy are we stimulating the whole freaking world?
Most of the benefits in both bill were items demanded by Trump. Congress put them in. Then Trump vetoed the bills. ????? No, I don't know why. I was a flight attendant, not a mind reader.

Reactions: Kev3188
....... are you serious?

What in the last 50 years would make you think our government was not going to do this?

I know you are smarter than that.

132953432_10217714994057746_187558900849779035_n.jpg

So now that an emergency relief package is signed into law, hopefully we will see all the folks returning to the airlines that previously had layoffs. Also still hoping SWA will hold to their word on not furloughing/layoffs. Looks like this will get us thru the March 2021. If no pick up in passengers flying by then there will probably be no stopping them unless Biden does another package when he sits at the helm. We shall see.

Trump Signs Stimulus Package—Here’s What It Means For You

Latest posts