American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

AIM, Updated info;

Just read and email with new updated numbers at SWA. We have so far over 2800 folks taking the retirement offer, and almost 5600 taking one of the 4 leave options. This equates to 14% of employees up from the 7% posted last month. This is very good news, and with another week left to sign up they are predicting some more. Maybe and hopefully they will get their numbers needed to stay away from the involuntary layoffs. Also hearing now they may even deny some that would thin out smaller groups and/or shops to thin. More to come 7-15
Do u know how many for fleet wise swamt?

It looks like Sito approved a press release

Attachments

• TWU-IAM Association Bulletin 07.10.2020.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 354
To All TWU/IAM Association Members at American Airlines:

American Airlines has informed the Association that it will be sending Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notifications (WARN Act notifications) to Association covered employees. This notice, which is required by law, will contain information indicating that American Airlines may furlough employees.

The TWU/IAM Association is committed to make all efforts to mitigate the effects this instability may have on those we represent.

All of the TWU/IAM Association Collective Bargaining Agreements, ratified on March 26, 2020, contain industry leading System and Station protections for our members. It took several years to achieve the Industry Leading Contract that you are covered by and the Association Leadership is willing to participate in any discussions that may help the situation we are faced with, but by no means does this mean we are willing to concede any of the contractual protection or language we fought so hard to get. Should American attempt to violate any provision(s) of our Agreements, the Association is prepared to defend the membership.

Association leadership has had dialogue with American’s senior leadership expressing ideas that could lead to more members opting for a Short Term leave or Voluntary Separation (including offering the Early-Out American presented to members on JetNet during negotiations), fully implementing the work provisions of the negotiated JCBA.

This is for the most part the letter put out by the ASSociation

So AA will be sending WARN Letters we will see when that actually happens?
Just remember just because you get a letter it does not mean you WILL get laid off.

Association will make every effort to mitigate the effects..
ASSociation will do everything to protect the dues they take in and NOT YOU.

ASSociation has had Dialogue with AA senior leadership.
This means they know what is going to happen, and when, giving them time to cut a back door deal.

The ASSociation is prepared to defend the membership.
We are sorry to say they can do that Brother, due to our LOA

Voluntary Separation offered during negotiations on Jetnet.
The amount of $$$$ that was offered was 100k we will see how far less we are offered at this point, unless you just want to go
calculate what is in our contract and take the standinstead. It should be around the same or more.

If you are part of the M&R class and craft do you really want this ASSociation to cut a deal to protect themselves or is it time to SIGN an AMFA Card?

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
- the heroes act money in the latest bill from the house has been watered down to apprx. $10k from $25k.

as mentioned, i don't believe i deserve that, but, i would take it.

truth be told, i'd rather have my company get funds to avoid BK than me getting $6.5k after taxes and my company filing for bk.
No airline employee are getting it, but the sanitation engineers will, so cross that 10k off for us.

SWAMT asked about UAL..... As far as maint about 5450 warn notices are going out, but the vp of tech ops said the anticipated reduction is about 3200 but reduced by 700 recent retirements so 2500 reduction. This is of the teamsters on the seniority list which includes a bunch of job titles not just A&Ps, looks like there are thousands between just GSE and facility maint. The seniority list is about 9000 I think, its hard to tell exactly as its not totally up to date with the retirements. EDIT: The seniority list may be closer to 8000 active .total...I dont know its not up to date.

Last edited:
not a shot in hell, would i give the company instead of ourselves. they have no idea or inclination to share when things go well. but they sure as hell can take it fast enough, they have pissed away billions on stock buy backs new headquarters and generous bonuses for themselves, yet took 5 years in the most profitable period in aviation history to negotiate a contract. hell no. . bankruptcy is coming one way or the other, once one does the rest will

yeah, i don't argue..

if i had 4 years and getting ready for a layoff or 44 years and getting ready to leave...sure. who cares? i'll take 8 dollars and let the company go BK.

i'm not leaving for awhile and i'd forgo $6.5k after taxes if i had a guarantee the company won't go BK.

if the option was $100k or bk, i'd have a different answer for you.

yeah, i don't argue..

if i had 4 years and getting ready for a layoff or 44 years and getting ready to leave...sure. who cares? i'll take 8 dollars and let the company go BK.

i'm not leaving for awhile and i'd forgo $6.5k after taxes if i had a guarantee the company won't go BK.

if the option was $100k or bk, i'd have a different answer for you.
Past history is they take the money and run....