American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

Both parties did put number of proposals out both sides rejected them. Aviation employees paying the price. Heard rumors today that the Treasury secretary and Pelosi were to continue negotiating and supposedly treasury secretary would move closer to the 2.2 trillion but as of now nothing. I seriously doubt anything til after election. Just feel for all affected meanwhile AA hired former NWA CEO Doug Steeland. May remember his "dumpster diving " comment when he was at NWA
Both parties have not put a number of proposals. Who are you trying to kid. Pelosi and crew have not budged off their 2.2 TRILLION package---not budged!! It's the Republicans that have moved every single time and NOW for the 5th time moved up to 1.8 trillion and Pelosi is still playing her political games with peoples lives. Now Dems are slamming her for still playing political games while people are hurting so bad. The tables are starting to turn on Pelosi, she has now went too far and we will all remember come election time. DRAIN THE SWAMPS!!!
Now is the time to get Dems on board with getting an agreement with the republicans and let Pelosi finish hanging herself and the Dems this election year, bye-bye dems...

Kev. I've been warning my colleagues bout this but its shaping up like it's more likely than not for possible CH11. but even moreso Steeland cld also replace his buddy DP should AA file CH11 bankruptcy

Both parties have not put a number of proposals. Who are you trying to kid. Pelosi and crew have not budged off their 2.2 TRILLION package---not budged!! It's the Republicans that have moved every single time and NOW for the 5th time moved up to 1.8 trillion and Pelosi is still playing her political games with peoples lives. Now Dems are slamming her for still playing political games while people are hurting so bad. The tables are starting to turn on Pelosi, she has now went too far and we will all remember come election time. DRAIN THE SWAMPS!!!
Now is the time to get Dems on board with getting an agreement with the republicans and let Pelosi finish hanging herself and the Dems this election year, bye-bye dems...
I dont want to go deep into politics here n I do respect everyone opinions n whomever they choose for. But what's more sad is the American people are suffering and now with tens of thousands of airline employees furloughed it's just really sickening. Neither party is doing anything now to help. I'm a former Republican turned Democrat and basically it's a cluster f. K to see our fellow union bros n sis tossed out on furloughs and the entire govt not lending a hand in an election year.

Well it’s pretty clear there will be no deal prior to the election.
It’s even possible there won’t be anything after.
With that said bankruptcy is extremely likely for AA and I would also say UA.
The airline industry is going to be forever changed and it will not be because of poor management but because of failure of our government leaders.
From both sides very sad indeed

This will be proven to be the largest medical scam in human history, the miss information by media, leaders and the medical community is unprecedented and staggering!

Well it’s pretty clear there will be no deal prior to the election.
It’s even possible there won’t be anything after.
With that said bankruptcy is extremely likely for AA and I would also say UA.
The airline industry is going to be forever changed and it will not be because of poor management but because of failure of our government leaders.
From both sides very sad indeed
I tend to think there will be a deal to help the airlines. After seeing Deltas quarterly loss today you can bet the rest are going to report awful numbers. Then the airlines will just begin to stop flying routes that they lose their ass on. The airlines have lost close to 75 % of their business and it has prolonged to a point where the recovery will be long also. Surely the government does not like having to bail out airlines like this, but may decide to alter the way airlines are handled. The government wants to act, but the disdain each party has for the other has become a big mess.

Reactions: robbedagain
This will be proven to be the largest medical scam in human history, the miss information by media, leaders and the medical community is unprecedented and staggering!
And the sad part is the media and others continue with misinformation and fear mongering that continues to harm parts of our economy.
There is no doubt the virus is real but the way in which it has been treated is criminal

I tend to think there will be a deal to help the airlines. After seeing Deltas quarterly loss today you can bet the rest are going to report awful numbers. Then the airlines will just begin to stop flying routes that they lose their ass on. The airlines have lost close to 75 % of their business and it has prolonged to a point where the recovery will be long also. Surely the government does not like having to bail out airlines like this, but may decide to alter the way airlines are handled. The government wants to act, but the disdain each party has for the other has become a big mess.
its clear that both parties are failing the American people, and really dont care/

Where then will they fly? :)
You know Rogallo, after seeing Delta lose 5.4 billion in 3 months you have to wonder where the airlines will fly. All the analysts say how well run of an airline Delta is. At this rate they would lose 22 billion in a year. Maybe AA will lose 40 billion. It has gotten really out of hand.

its clear that both parties are failing the American people, and really dont care/
They have their great deal and don't feel the pain that average people do. The only thing they ever agree on is giving themselves a raise. That one passes 352 to 1. And they all act like they are so concerned. Dog eat dog election time, each side trying to make the other look bad.

They have their great deal and don't feel the pain that average people do. The only thing they ever agree on is giving themselves a raise. That one passes 352 to 1. And they all act like they are so concerned. Dog eat dog election time, each side trying to make the other look bad.
watching the presidential debate i was embarrassed as an adult and an American. last election i didnt vote for anybody, i voted against someone. this election there is no one to vote for or against.

You know Rogallo, after seeing Delta lose 5.4 billion in 3 months you have to wonder where the airlines will fly. All the analysts say how well run of an airline Delta is. At this rate they would lose 22 billion in a year. Maybe AA will lose 40 billion. It has gotten really out of hand.
I agree it's pretty bleak. Any rumors on AA's loss for the quarter?

I agree it's pretty bleak. Any rumors on AA's loss for the quarter?
I didn't look into the article about Deltas loss but the number is astonishing. As for AA you would think it is worse. It will be a real stunner for the government to see AA and UAL report losses that make Delta look good. I think even the clown politicians will have their jaws hanging open by this.

Latest posts