American Mechanic sues airline

Oral? If it was not in writing, on paper somewhere, not sure if he has a case. Always get the pay promises in writing. If there is a pay system called the flex program it would have been in writing, otherwise it was just a scam to get the higher experience mechanics to come on board. If it wasn't provided in writing within his hiring package offer or better yet in a union contract I don't see him having a good case, however, with that said, I am sure the attorney sees a way to prove otherwise. I guess we will all see in about 2-3 years or longer and by then he will be topped out by the 8 year scale. This may get interesting if he does win this suit. If AA has to repay all mechanics that were hired under this flex program, it could be a rather large settlement with back pay, overtime pay, 401K matching retro, and other repayment retro to make the mechanics whole as to what they were promised, BUT, I think it would have to been in writing in some part of the offer.

Seems when I hired in, the company required 2 or 3? years industry experience with A & P school and/or military counting towards that. I remember a mechanic that hired in around 1990 being told during his interview the needed experience credit would be given to him and he would start at the full mechanic starting wage. It was all verbal and after he hired in he found he wasn't given the credit and therefore started at a lower pay step. It's been 28 years but I believe this is accurate and probably basically how this situation occurred.

They did the guy wrong and the TWU dropped him in the grease. No way TWU should have allowed this to happen.

They did the guy wrong and the TWU dropped him in the grease. No way TWU should have allowed this to happen.

Oh boo friggin hoo! A lot of us have been screwed over. These guys need to man up and deal with it.

Can we see anything "IN WRITING" that said this program existed and this is what he hired in under? Was this in any of the documents he signed when he took the job?

Does the guy even have a recording of that "oral agreement"?

If I don't see something "IN WRITING" then this sounds like a load of hogwash to me.

Can we see anything "IN WRITING" that said this program existed and this is what he hired in under? Was this in any of the documents he signed when he took the job?

Does the guy even have a recording of that "oral agreement"?

If I don't see something "IN WRITING" then this sounds like a load of hogwash to me.

I believe there is/was something about flexible starting rates in our cba. I will take a look when I get into work tonight.

I believe there is/was something about flexible starting rates in our cba. I will take a look when I get into work tonight.

If it is in the CBA then he would have a very strong case and so would others. I was told it was not in the CBA.

So here lies the debate. Was he told "orally" and will that hold merit in Court?

Debate is open.

IMG_2203.PNG

Here's the rest of the puzzle.

Latest posts