AMFA DEAL TO END STRIKE

A far cry from what AMFA promised during their campaign drive.

Travelers who have to depend on NW have to hope that the strikers vote down the tenative agreement. There lies our best chance to get rid of the filthy mess.

Vote 'NO' and help us all finally be rid of NW.

The entire agreement (with signatures) is posted on the site. www.AMFA5.org
Bottom line...SCABS stay...Replacements stay. Noone has a guarantee of employment. There is no layoff clause. Sick time at 75% for the first ten days 100% after 10 days.
10 days severance if we resign after the DOS. 5 days severance if you stay on layoff status but had to have already been on the waiting list to go back.
Its a piece of crap and as JD always said, never vote yes on the first agreement.

Bottom line...SCABS stay...Replacements stay. Noone has a guarantee of employment. There is no layoff clause. Sick time at 75% for the first ten days 100% after 10 days.
10 days severance if we resign after the DOS. 5 days severance if you stay on layoff status but had to have already been on the waiting list to go back.
Its a piece of crap and as JD always said, never vote yes on the first agreement.
Definately vote no. There's more probs than meets the eye. There's so much compounded problems going on it's rediculous.
-and it is maintenance related.

Definately vote no. There's more probs than meets the eye. There's so much compounded problems going on it's rediculous.
-and it is maintenance related.

The tenative agreement is a poor example of anything that is in need of being voted on. In short...IT'S TERRIBLE!

I would think that any expectation of workplace harmony with SCABs and strikers co-existing is crazy. In my workplace this sort of bizarre culture would never be suggested as a solution. REAL change at NW must begin at the top if there is to be any chance of long term survival. The anger, resentments and hypocrisy are too much to overcome as is.

NWA Executives, Get serious about serving the public or do us all a favor by going out of business. You are absolutely the worst example of corporate leadership in America.

According to the above those on strike who did not
put their name on waiting list to go back (or in other
words plan to cross the picket line) are not eligible
for recall. How absurd is that? Sounds like there is
no back to work protection.

10 days severance if we resign after the DOS. 5 days severance if you stay on layoff status but had to have already been on the waiting list to go back.Its a piece of crap and as JD always said, never vote yes on the first agreement.

Don, you are incorrect in saying you had to be on the scab want-to-be list to get recalled.

http://www.amfa33.org/nwanegotiations/nego...update%2037.pdf

That list is now gone. The list will now go by seniority to get recalled, or by system bid.

I have no idea why anyone would want to go back.

Don, you are incorrect in saying you had to be on the scab want-to-be list to get recalled.

That list is now gone. The list will now go by seniority to get recalled, or by system bid.

"I have no idea why anyone would want to go back."
A. You would be working with SCABS.
B. The reduced rate of pay and benefits is unacceptable.
C. Ill feelings from this mess will never go away.
D. There is no pride in working for NW.
E. You deserve a better employer.

'Nuff said!

Right on! What ever happened to the 5 year recall? Pilots got 10 ! BTW, the 757 Emergency landing last week in Montana (engine shutdown) - ETOPS. (Engines Turn or People Swim).

Right on! What ever happened to the 5 year recall? Pilots got 10 ! BTW, the 757 Emergency landing last week in Montana (engine shutdown) - ETOPS. (Engines Turn or People Swim).

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Spock", (or others)

A 757 over/landing in Montana ?

I'm curious, was the A/C going/coming from/to...PDX/SEA or ANC.

Thank you !

NH/BB's

Latest posts

Back