Amfa National Election Results

At the rate amfa represented airlines are laying off, I can see SWA losing 50% of their mechanics in short order. So how much will these individuals be making looking from the outside?

Checking it Out said:
At the rate amfa represented airlines are laying off, I can see SWA losing 50% of their mechanics in short order. So how much will these individuals be making looking from the outside?
[post="182460"][/post]​

Lets see, 19,000 M&R according to the TWU but only around 10,000 mechanics still working. Seems that we are likely to hit that 50% number way before SWA. At JFK we lost 5% just in the last six months with no layoffs. Layoffs are'nt the only way the TWU loses jobs.

Checking it Out said:
[post="182460"][/post]​

At the rate the afl-cio unions are giving concessions I can see USair asking for a third round and laying off 50% of their mechanics.

Bob Owens said:
Lets see, 19,000 M&R according to the TWU but only around 10,000 mechanics still working. Seems that we are likely to hit that 50% number way before SWA. At JFK we lost 5% just in the last six months with no layoffs. Layoffs are'nt the only way the TWU loses jobs.
[post="182478"][/post]​

Remarkable...you lay blame to the TWU for all members leaving yet AMFA holds no responsibility to it's furloughed members. You amaze me Booby. AMFA extends the IBT contract and then cries "we inherited those old contracts!"...Remarkable

Checking it Out said:
[post="182460"][/post]​

FEAR...... :mf_boff:

You can't answer some simple question but instead come back with your usual crap. Is that what they teach these days at the George Weany School, fear. Make your members afraid and they will accept whatever we give them. Have the company fire the troublemakers and the membership will fear you. :shock: :shock:

Yeah these type of statements are the fear mongering crap that never comes true.

And there are many in here.

Thanks for the update, I will use some of this and get more cards signed.

By the way CIO,

Do you realize that 90% of your posted information comes directly from official AMFA websites?

Do you realize that you know more about what happens at AMFA than you know about your own current bargaining agent?

You can spin the findings from official AMFA websites you come across all you want, but the truth is, you simly verifiy the fact that AMFA is far more open with internal business than the TWU will be even after Jim Littles' so-called communications, communications, communications campaign.

Think about this:

Jim Little claimed that 3200 members did not get to vote on the current agreement.

Then Jim Little claimed that wasn't true.

Jim Little claimed that the TWU Constitution required membership ratification of amendments or changes to the Labor Agreement.

Then Jim Little filed an affidavitt in Federal Court claiming the exact oppposite.

Jim Little claimed that the TWU was going to conduct a complete re-vote on the restructuring agreement to give the ratification legitmacy.

Then Jim Little signed and implemented the agreement without further ratifcation by the members.

Jim Little claimed that AMFA conceded in the current campaign to replace the TWU.

Then we all know that soon the NMB will rule on the AMFA appeal.

CIO, what good is communication, communication, communication, going to do when the communicator lies, has no credibility, and no member with half a brain believes what the man says anymore?

Worth a revist for sure!

Yeah these type of statements are the fear mongering crap that never comes true.

And there are many in here.

Thanks for the update, I will use some of this and get more cards signed.

What do you mean it never comes true?

Many of these posts about real life with AMFA have always been the truth.

Be careful what you wish for. Be more careful of a man who calls himself TWU informer. Is this who you really want to lead you? This is who you will get with AMFA.

Be careful what you wish for. Be more careful of a man who calls himself TWU informer. Is this who you really want to lead you? This is who you will get with AMFA.
Their has to be an election and the members decide, something we're not used to with the twu. Now GFY !

And so many of the posts - including yours - are not.

And yet you and I are both still Teamsters.

Apparently more people at UAL agree with me than with you. It is AA's turn to decide.
Yet after 28 years I am still a member in good standing with the TWU. Do the mechanics at UAL have the same problem as those at AA?

Yet after 28 years I am still a member in good standing with the TWU. Do the mechanics at UAL have the same problem as those at AA?

Glad to hear you are still in good standing. How about attending a local membership meeting or two before the year is out, the door is always open....

Back