jetmechline

Aug 22, 2002
Page 3B

http://www.amfadelta.com/articles/amfa/usa...mfaonthemap.pdf

Mechanics deal puts union on map AMFA wins respect
with Northwest pact

By Marilyn Adams
USA TODAY

Northwest Airlines' men and women in jumpsuits, the people who fix the planes, are walking taller these days.

Last week, the union that represents Northwest's 9,000 mechanics, the Aircraft Mechanics

Fraternal Association (AMFA), ended 19 months of contentious negotiations with a tentative contract that would make its mechanics the best paid in the industry by far.

Even before members have voted on the contract, it has turned heads in airline boardrooms and hangars, bringing attention and grudging respect to this relatively unknown union.

The contract would boost mechanics' wages 37% over 4 years and more than double pension benefits. It would set new standards for mechanics' contracts industrywide, raising costs that could be passed along to passengers.

The contract would boost mechanics' wages 37% over 4 years and more than double pension benefits. It would set new standards for mechanics' contracts industrywide, raising costs that could be passed along to passengers.

I doubt that will happen until ALL airlines start raising fares against these predatory low fare airlines.

700UW said:
Can you not read?

This is from 4/18/01 9:04 AM
[post="266816"][/post]​

My mistake, I apologize. It was a cut/past from another site that I mistakenly thought was recent.

i find it interesting that the poster is actually allowed to work on aircraft.......
approved...current...data? :lol: :lol:

Back