AMFA vs Teamsters

GT.

Your in Denver if I am not mistaken, I heard mention of you from pitbull in AFW.

Question? Did IBT promise UAL a local and if so did they deliver?
Is it seperate from all the other IBT workers (non airline)

If there are locals are the officers there UAL employees?

Are the local shop stewards informed and do they get support from Local?

CAL-UAL are both IBT, are they going to dove tail or has the IBT promised and made daels?

Have they started the transition of work rules and who do they favor since I assume contracts are different?

CAL or UAL becomes ammenable first? Did IBT open up either since merger?
I can't answer for GTD and some of the questions as I have been 'out of the loop' since I left but here is what I know:

Question? Did IBT promise UAL a local and if so did they deliver?
Yes, a local was promised for SFO and was not delivered.
SFO is divided into two locals. Local 856 (SFO) and local 986 (LAX) by alpha characters by last name (don't remember the split).

Is it seperate from all the other IBT workers (non airline)
No, it as 'catch all' local(s) that serve the membership in the geographical area.
Local 856
Local 986
Any IBT member in the area are served by the local.

If there are locals are the officers there UAL employees?
Not to my knowledge.

Are the local shop stewards informed and do they get support from Local?
Shop reps/stewards/etc are only as good as the people that volunteer. If you have an area that doesn't care, then you don't get one.
I have no idea as what support they get so I won't speculate.

Take Care,
B) xUT

I can't answer for GTD and some of the questions as I have been 'out of the loop' since I left but here is what I know:

Yes, a local was promised for SFO and was not delivered.
SFO is divided into two locals. Local 856 (SFO) and local 986 (LAX) by alpha characters by last name (don't remember the split).

No, it as 'catch all' local(s) that serve the membership in the geographical area.
Local 856
Local 986
Any IBT member in the area are served by the local.

Not to my knowledge.

Shop reps/stewards/etc are only as good as the people that volunteer. If you have an area that doesn't care, then you don't get one.
I have no idea as what support they get so I won't speculate.

Take Care,
B) xUT

Thanks for the input and do me another favor have other you know log on and answer these to the best of thier ability. It will help

Thanks again..

We were not promised our own local. We are still lumped in with the meat packers and such. We did ask not long after the ibt was certified to have our own local like UPS and it was a flat no. I eventually wrote to Jimmy Jr. by snail mail and he didn't respond.

A month after certification it was announced SFO would be split into two locals. One that was within driving distance the other in the LAX area. The lead campaigner and now BA said he did not know this was going to happen.... right.

In the beginning local grievance officers were appointed except here in Denver. It was Denver who opened the door for other stations that eventually allowed the local officers to be elected. But, the BA's are still appointed and that is not helpful to the membership.

The integration process is still in it's early stages. I can say that S-CAL is hiring off the street while the S-UAL still have mechanics on the street. What's wrong with that picture?

We are still two separate work groups although the ibt agreed with the company to allow us to work on each others aircraft as long as we don't mix the two work groups. This was something the ibt stated last year as our only leverage in negotiations and they gave it away.

S-CAL is amendable January 1st 2013. S-UAL is amendable I believe July 1 2013.

GT Davis

We were not promised our own local. We are still lumped in with the meat packers and such. We did ask not long after the ibt was certified to have our own local like UPS and it was a flat no. I eventually wrote to Jimmy Jr. by snail mail and he didn't respond.

A month after certification it was announced SFO would be split into two locals. One that was within driving distance the other in the LAX area. The lead campaigner and now BA said he did not know this was going to happen.... right.

In the beginning local grievance officers were appointed except here in Denver. It was Denver who opened the door for other stations that eventually allowed the local officers to be elected. But, the BA's are still appointed and that is not helpful to the membership.

The integration process is still in it's early stages. I can say that S-CAL is hiring off the street while the S-UAL still have mechanics on the street. What's wrong with that picture?

We are still two separate work groups although the ibt agreed with the company to allow us to work on each others aircraft as long as we don't mix the two work groups. This was something the ibt stated last year as our only leverage in negotiations and they gave it away.

S-CAL is amendable January 1st 2013. S-UAL is amendable I believe July 1 2013.

GT Davis

IIRC, SFO was promised their own local. May not apply to DEN.
Maybe TSH can clarify.
B) xUT

Without control over the local that represents the aircraft union how can any issues really get solved when the officers DON"T Know anything about the Industry?

Working on each others aircraft how does that work do you all have access to each companies GPM and Maint Manuals?

What about training on the different fleet types of aircraft?

Had the FAA been notifed of this?

IIRC, SFO was promised their own local. May not apply to DEN.
Maybe TSH can clarify.
B) xUT

SFO was indeed promised their own local, but it was verbal only, never in writing.

AMFA raised the issue continuously in the campaign of where would the ibt SFO local be, and the ibt never responded. Membership apathy being what it was, nobody cared as they all for the most part had visions of pensions in their eyes. It was only when the next load of free stuff showed up, and amongst the lanyards and tshirts there was pocket protectors from the LAX local 986 that members started to sit up and take notice.

Thats when the verbal only promises of one SFO local started. Of course it never happened

Without control over the local that represents the aircraft union how can any issues really get solved when the officers DON"T Know anything about the Industry?

Working on each others aircraft how does that work do you all have access to each companies GPM and Maint Manuals?

What about training on the different fleet types of aircraft?

Had the FAA been notifed of this?

Just a clarification on the control issue, ibt supporters will tell you their are UAL mechanics on the executive boards at the split SFO locals. This is true, two SFO ibt reps, 1 EAP, and the SFO grievance secretary were appointed to positions as trustees at these locals. So while yes they are on the board, they hold no real decision making power.

Just a clarification on the control issue, ibt supporters will tell you their are UAL mechanics on the executive boards at the split SFO locals. This is true, two SFO ibt reps, 1 EAP, and the SFO grievance secretary were appointed to positions as trustees at these locals. So while yes they are on the board, they hold no real decision making power.

Not sure if the UAL mechanics know this but I was told that although you are working under the single carrier status, Each of the airline are working seperate under eachs CBA. Did you know that under the CAL CBA the pension is still being funded since thier contract has that clause in it. I was told that by a Pres of a IBT local the other day. Also until a new CBA is reached that pension plan will be funded.
So that could be yrs. How is that sit with you at UAL?

I have no issue with the CAL guys getting their pension. You must remember they are paying for their medical also, where as we do not have a pension but are not paying for our medical....yet. I understand their pension is froze. We are in the process of negotiating an amalgamated contract and the pension along with medical is a subject we are carefully watching.

Just to be sure the two supposeded members of the board are th Employee Assistance Program rep and the grievance sect.? That is what the IBT considers board members?

Just to be sure the two supposeded members of the board are th Employee Assistance Program rep and the grievance sect.? That is what the IBT considers board members?

No

The SFO EAP rep ALSO serves as a trustee - Local 986

The SFO grievance sec ALSO serves as a trustee - Local 856

Sorry for not making that clear in my original post

No

The SFO EAP rep ALSO serves as a trustee - Local 986

The SFO grievance sec ALSO serves as a trustee - Local 856

Sorry for not making that clear in my original post

I am not quite sure just what an IBT trustee is or what function they serve in the pecking order. So can you enlighten me?

Pres.
VP
rec sec
treasurer

Business Agents

then what?

Just how far down this tree are the trustees? since you say that they have No power?

And I do want to thank you for all the info.

Back