AMFA vs Teamsters

twoface_ibt.jpg

The more I read about this union and that union in your industry, I actually believe that your industry proves that it is all about the dues. The IBT sucked in my industry but may actually represent its members in your industry.

The more I look at the airline industry, tge more anti-union I become because it really is about the $$$$! The more you pay, the stronger your union is!

The more I read about this union and that union in your industry, I actually believe that your industry proves that it is all about the dues. The IBT sucked in my industry but may actually represent its members in your industry.

The more I look at the airline industry, tge more anti-union I become because it really is about the $$$$! The more you pay, the stronger your union is!

Of course your a$$umption is incorrect.
Yes, 'some' unions focus more on dues than representation. IBT is a prime example of this mindset.
However AMFA focuses on the AMT/A&P/M&R and their officers are from that group instead of truck drivers and butchers.
Nothing wrong with truck drivers and butchers but it doesn't match the focus on the class and craft.
B) xUT

Of course your a$$umption is incorrect.
Yes, 'some' unions focus more on dues than representation. IBT is a prime example of this mindset.
However AMFA focuses on the AMT/A&P/M&R and their officers are from that group instead of truck drivers and butchers.
Nothing wrong with truck drivers and butchers but it doesn't match the focus on the class and craft.
B) xUT

I would further add that in AMFA at least, those very same officers salaries are DIRECTLY linked to the wages negotiated for AMFA members as a whole.

Just another layer of checks and balances that are sorely missing in the industrial catch all unions like the ibt.

Back