AMR purchases 22 more jets

Isn't that funny eolesen, I've never heard that from AA management either. Well, unless "be thankful you have a job" qualifies.

If they did thank you, how would you respond?... More than a few of you here would waste no time telling them to go to Hell, or asking what their alterior motive was. Sad, actually, because that's actually happened.

Yes, a cynical response on my part, but it took both sides working against each other to build up the wall that's between labor and management at AMR.

Unfortunately, you both blame each other for it going up, and also expect the each other to bear all the responsibility for tearing it down...

<_< ------ And "investing" in your own people! What is that called? ------ If AA wants to keep flying those new planes around the country, they had better put their own house in order before "investing" elsewhere!!!!
They're investing in the company by buy new planes or that's not investing in the future of the company!!!!! I hope that they also invest on the employees they're also an asset to company!!!!
Or you rather give it to other regional that has the capabilities!!!!!!

Continental and Delta have been doing it for a while now. It seems that the customer has gotten so used to crappy service and clicking on the lowest price that they're willing to put up with anything. It's disgraceful that this industry has come to this, but nevertheless, it has. I'm embarrassed to admit that I work in this pathetic industry. But, I'll ride this horse till it dies, then find another.
Depends on certian cities and conditions the B757 can go non stop if all are met!!!!! B757 Range, loaded 7,222 km (3,900 NM)
-200WL: 7,600 km (4,100 NM).

Yes, a cynical response on my part, but it took both sides working against each other to build up the wall that's between labor and management at AMR.

You mean the concession covered pain coated wall that kept AA out of bankruptcy?

From where I stand, AA is still adding bricks and mortar to the wall because they want even more concessions with no inclination whatsover for any restoration of pay and benefits.

Tell me where AA is showing good faith in bargaining with us! Oh, you mean "we're lucky to have a job" is our raise?

The suits are the only ones that shared any gains...

Tons and tons of work and not one ounce of moral, gotta love what AA has done (created) !!!

Anyone want to guess why the AMR proposal to the TWU contains relief from the ASM restriction?

Since the TWU INTERNATIONAL owns the contract, and, can sign off on any letter of agreement: wanna' bet on the implications of AMR asking for relief from the contractual AMS limitations, and how far the TWU will let AMR run with AE metal versus AA metal if those scope clause provisions are relaxed?

They've got "Small Jet Savior Syndrome",common condition amongst bean counters and cliche spouting MBA toting management consultants.

50-70 seat RJ's were the flavor of the month seven or eight years ago, so of course AA moves decisively on costly,obsolete technology now.

Customers love 'em too! Friend of mine got bamboozled into one not too long ago and swore they will pay closer attention in the future when booking to "Avoid that cramped tiny POS airplane".This is a guy who spends more time on our airplanes in a month than most of our crews do,not some zippy the pinhead once a year flyer.

At this point, the 22 CR7s are expansion, but I suspect that some of the 37 seaters will be retired before too long.

At this point, the 22 CR7s are expansion, but I suspect that some of the 37 seaters will be retired before too long.
I agree you'll see more of those type of A/C in eagle colors. This type of A/C is long over due because many other mainline carriers have offer first class for their regional services expect for COEX they'll soon follow. These A/C will bring new revenue from the first class cabin. It offers a better ride also. They'll utilize them where necessary and where capacity has fallen for mainline.

They might not bring any revenue for F fares, but they'll prevent spill...

I just booked a flight to DCA and half the flights from ORD are Eagle now. Same thing on ATL-ORD. Fortunately, I was able to book all mainline flights, but it's a huge disadvantage for AA not to have that forward cabin on the off-hour flights.

First class on an RJ is like putting lipstick on a pig. In the end it's still a pig.
Perhaps, but the elite believe paying more for the ticket keeps them from having to tolerate lowlife rabble. Pig or not, it will sell.

Back