An in depth analysis of the 737 MCAS problem from a pilot's perspective

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by La Li Lu Le Lo, Dec 31, 2019.

1. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

2. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Senior

Good video, of course while he thinks the public will fly it again our FAs are saying they won’t unless they are assured it’s safe.
    This airplane has a really big PR problem

3. 1AA

1AA Veteran

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

For every flight attendant saying they won't fly the Max, I'm sure there are at least 20 others junior to them who are willing to bid those lines, and another 100 waiting for an opportunity to be hired.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. swamt

swamt Veteran

Very damaging internal emails and text messages found at Boeing from internal Boeing employees that worked on and around the the 737 Max 8. Some going back to 2013 and 2015 up to and including 2018 & 2019.
    Always be aware what ever you send electronically, and yes even at work, stays forever. They are not gone in 1 yr, 2 yr or even 5 yrs. That fingerprint is there for life.

‘Designed By Clowns & Supervised By Monkeys’: Boeing Employee ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1AA

1AA Veteran

As this investigation continues more damaging information is discovered. One must wonder how safe and
    airworthy is the 737 MAX?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. swamt

swamt Veteran

With the new findings in these communications as well as some new troubles found with the Max 8 as I have also read, I predict SWA to move onto another manufacturer for future purchases. It really is getting near beyond repairable. Pretty bad when you have people willing to cover up issues from the FAA and regulators when it comes to safety. Heads are going to start rolling at Boeing and not just the top ones this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1AA

1AA Veteran

The A220 looks promising.
    Too bad Boeing killed the 717.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. swamt

swamt Veteran

As a Mechanic, I am Boeing all the way. Just hate how bad the Boeing issues are going at this point. And SWA will not wait around for the fixes, so I do expect SWA to look very strongly at AB, but I also see them possibly looking at another manufacturer. Just not throwing out my opinions of which "other" manufactures as of yet. Could China get involved? Never say never...

10. UPNAWAY

UPNAWAY Veteran

SWA has to be worried. There is a slight chance their entire fleet could be grounded. If that happened how long could they survive? I bet strategically they don't want to ever be in this situation again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

That's why SWA will need to, say, get a better mixture of different aircraft IMO.

12. B777master

B777master Member

Other than AB can you please tell us who builds commercial planes that carry the amount of people that SWA carries!! CRJ or EMBRAER does not make jets big enough for what SWA carries unless you guys are looking off to venturing into the regional field.
    So when you say you are not going to throw your opinion of the others! Maybe russian??