An Open Invitation To Gorden Bethune

nycbusdriver said:
At Piedmont it was widely acknowledged that he was being groomed for the President/CEO office when Bill Howard would retire. The Ed Colodny in his great wisdom, bought Piedmont for $1.9 billion, and proceeded to make the entire merged airline worth less than half that amount inside of 4 years.

When Ed Colodny, in a further display of his insightful vision, made it clear the Seth Deer-in-the-Headlights Schofield would get the helm, Gordon Bethune found his way out of this pig called USAir.

I can only wonder where USAir would be today if Bethune had been given the nod instead of Schofield. Somehow, I believe Southwest would be struggling for market share at Love Field right now against our fleet of F28's.
[post="236341"][/post]​

nycbusdriver, drop it already! Cripe, 15 years later and it still comes up...amazing.

RowUnderDCA said:
but it isn't really 15 years later... it's just the other shoe dropping from the bad karma of merging your way out of having to run an airline.
[post="236372"][/post]​

Please don't try to stifle Eye's indignance with the reality. Let him continue to think there is a disconnect between those events of 15 years ago and the hell we are living now.

nycbusdriver said:
At Piedmont it was widely acknowledged that he was being groomed for the President/CEO office when Bill Howard would retire. The Ed Colodny in his great wisdom, bought Piedmont for $1.9 billion, and proceeded to make the entire merged airline worth less than half that amount inside of 4 years.

When Ed Colodny, in a further display of his insightful vision, made it clear the Seth Deer-in-the-Headlights Schofield would get the helm, Gordon Bethune found his way out of this pig called USAir.

I can only wonder where USAir would be today if Bethune had been given the nod instead of Schofield. Somehow, I believe Southwest would be struggling for market share at Love Field right now against our fleet of F28's.
[post="236341"][/post]​

well said,nycbd, well said!

Back