An Open Invitation To Gorden Bethune

nycbusdriver said:
At Piedmont it was widely acknowledged that he was being groomed for the President/CEO office when Bill Howard would retire. The Ed Colodny in his great wisdom, bought Piedmont for $1.9 billion, and proceeded to make the entire merged airline worth less than half that amount inside of 4 years.

When Ed Colodny, in a further display of his insightful vision, made it clear the Seth Deer-in-the-Headlights Schofield would get the helm, Gordon Bethune found his way out of this pig called USAir.

I can only wonder where USAir would be today if Bethune had been given the nod instead of Schofield. Somehow, I believe Southwest would be struggling for market share at Love Field right now against our fleet of F28's.
[post="236341"][/post]​

nycbusdriver, drop it already! Cripe, 15 years later and it still comes up...amazing.

but it isn't really 15 years later... it's just the other shoe dropping from the bad karma of merging your way out of having to run an airline.

RowUnderDCA said:
but it isn't really 15 years later... it's just the other shoe dropping from the bad karma of merging your way out of having to run an airline.
[post="236372"][/post]​

Please don't try to stifle Eye's indignance with the reality. Let him continue to think there is a disconnect between those events of 15 years ago and the hell we are living now.

Did you read the CAL press release today stating CAL would run out of cash without union give backs. Gordon is getting out before the hard work starts at CAL.

nycbusdriver said:
At Piedmont it was widely acknowledged that he was being groomed for the President/CEO office when Bill Howard would retire. The Ed Colodny in his great wisdom, bought Piedmont for $1.9 billion, and proceeded to make the entire merged airline worth less than half that amount inside of 4 years.

When Ed Colodny, in a further display of his insightful vision, made it clear the Seth Deer-in-the-Headlights Schofield would get the helm, Gordon Bethune found his way out of this pig called USAir.

I can only wonder where USAir would be today if Bethune had been given the nod instead of Schofield. Somehow, I believe Southwest would be struggling for market share at Love Field right now against our fleet of F28's.
[post="236341"][/post]​

well said,nycbd, well said!

Back