And so it begins..

Houston doesn't even come close to being a hub in the south east. A completely different demographic.

eh.... I think you could cover a lot of traffic into and out of the SE from IAD and IAH. Maybe they can pick up a MEM mini-hub from the DL/NW combo wreckage and play with some kind of TPA or MCO mini hub in Florida for the fourteenth time.

Excuse me oh perfect one... I did mean Micronesia. And FYI, Indonesia is not that far south of Micronesia. So forgive my extreme ignorance in referring to a general geographical area instead of being as specific as you would have liked. :rolleyes: Perhaps I should have said the South Pacific. Would that have been more acceptable? :bleh:

PS. You should consider switching to decaf before you end up in the corn field.

Continental does fly to Denpasar/Bali, Indonesia, from their Guam hub.

Houston doesn't even come close to being a hub in the south east. A completely different demographic.
Of course the demographics is different. As I said in my post, CO does not offer a southeast hub, but what they do offer still makes them the next best merger partner for UA.

US is not an option for UA. Parker and Tilton have been singing the consolidation song for years. Don't you think it would have happened by now if US and UA wanted to hook up? US will not be involved in this current merger frenzy. The players will be DL,NW,CO, and UA. US may pick up a few assets that are shed by others in the process.

I know there are many at US who would like to get their hands on UA, but it simply is not in the cards. DL will decide who they want to marry. (UA or NW) Whoever is left standing will pair off with CO.

US is not an option for UA. Parker and Tilton have been singing the consolidation song for years. Don't you think it would have happened by now if US and UA wanted to hook up?

Yes. And since it hasn't so far...your conclusion follows nicely.

I know there are many at US who would like to get their hands on UA,

Yeah...take a look at the list of usapa supporters and you can ascribe individual names to that collective desire...

Of course the demographics is different. As I said in my post, CO does not offer a southeast hub, but what they do offer still makes them the next best merger partner for UA.

US is not an option for UA. Parker and Tilton have been singing the consolidation song for years. Don't you think it would have happened by now if US and UA wanted to hook up? US will not be involved in this current merger frenzy. The players will be DL,NW,CO, and UA. US may pick up a few assets that are shed by others in the process.

I know there are many at US who would like to get their hands on UA, but it simply is not in the cards. DL will decide who they want to marry. (UA or NW) Whoever is left standing will pair off with CO.
What you said was "close enough". I stand by my earlier post.. A merger with Continental still leaves a gaping hole in the UA route network. Whether or not US will be a part of the next round of consolidation is anyones guess.

Also, just as there are many "out there who want to get their hands on UA", there are probably more who would like to see US fail. It is obvious from the posts, particulary from other airlines, that this is the case. What I think we can all agree on is that this industry is far from fixed and that industry consolidation may be the answer for a prosperous and secure future. I don't know about you but I would love to get back what we've all lost since 911. I'm just glad that Delta has decided to get the ball rolling.

From one UA employee to another. :rolleyes:
Well, it is a good point, which you are trying to ignore.

So try responding to the issue instead of the identity of the posters. If a UA/LCC merger were really in the cards, why hasn't it happened already, considering both airlines' CEOs have been so gung-ho about merging lately?

Excuse me oh perfect one... I did mean Micronesia. And FYI, Indonesia is not that far south of Micronesia.
Not that far? Yeah, kind of like Miami is not that far from New York. :lol:

So forgive my extreme ignorance in referring to a general geographical area instead of being as specific as you would have liked.
What? The country of Indonesia is not a "general geographical area" that Guam is even remotely a part of.

Continental does fly to Denpasar/Bali, Indonesia, from their Guam hub.

Any more questions, dariencc?
Yeah, and it takes about 5 hours to fly there on their 2 x week service. Beyond belief that you offer this as justification for your cluelessness. I guess that referring to Denver as your Florida hub would be accurate because you fly there from Miami. :shock:

Sorry, pal, you've been exposed again. Just another webboard pretender who's actual knowledge is comically lacking.
No problem, though. We'll be standing by for your latest breathless report on what the insiders are about to do. :lol:

Beyond belief that you offer this as justification for your cluelessness.

My oh my... You are a twisted and angry individual. Interesting that while you have plenty of words to fill this board about insignificant and irrelevant points like pointing out every slip of the keyboard, you actually have nothing to add the the discussion at hand... CONSOLIDATION. :lol: :lol: (Yes, I am laughing at you!)

I'm not going to go tit for tat explaining to you the point of my original post. If you haven't gotten it by now, you probably won't. (You seem to be the only one.) Now if you'd like to debate how this consolidation will actually unfold, I'd be happy to engage in some intelligent conversation. If not, well you'll be talking to yourself.

Try not to take things so personally. Just sit back, relax and watch the consolidation happen from the sidelines. :up:

Well, it is a good point, which you are trying to ignore.

So try responding to the issue instead of the identity of the posters. If a UA/LCC merger were really in the cards, why hasn't it happened already, considering both airlines' CEOs have been so gung-ho about merging lately?
I never said a UA/US merger is in the cards. But given that consolidation may happen this year, it is interesting to speculate. And yes, what airline someone works for is relevant to the discussion at hand. We all want what's best for our chosen carrier.

Back