"And the Envelope Please "

How could they conceiveably call it interference on one hand and NO interference on the other.

My guess is that the afa would have called it harmless error if the afa had won. Since it lost, the afa will try to make this into a big deal. It will come up ith whatever claim that it can throw at the wall and see what sticks. My guess is that with the Hoglander Puchela Board, there will be a revote.

What helps the "no" side is that investigations take time. By the time of a revote, the PMNW flight attendants will have four or five months living without a union, so the fear of the unknown will be gone. The afa is standing in the way of the PMNW flight attendants getting a raise. Additionally, the afa will be more embroiled in the fight to keep UAL from the IAM. This will stretch its resources even more.

This was the best chance that the afa had to get the PMDL and keep the PMNW flight attendants, and it came up short.

The only way I see the afa winning a rerun is if the NMB imposes a Key Ballot with some sort of gag order on Delta.

ah

Just like I said in the beginning. That as soon as Delta started running their campaign of, " Make sure and vote , if you don't want a union!" that it would only be a matter of time before the crying started !

Delta was only playing by your new rules !

Actually, you probably had a better chance of unionizing without your new rule change................always be careful what you ask for !

At this point, if I were a NW flight attendant, I'd opt to let things play out for the next few years. Plus, this would allow me to get my raise to be on par with the DL flight attendants. The DL flight attendants seem to have done fairly well without a union (and the related dues, politics, endless contract negotiations, processes, etc.). DL management knows it can't blindly institute employee unfriendly rules -- if it tried, the union would be voted in fairly quickly.

I'm in general a union supporter, but when the majority says "no" it's time to move on.

Someone who I know who an ardent Unionist has said to me on many occassions, "If the company is well managed and realizes the value their employees provide then you don't need a union. Maybe that's the case here???

Or no one wants to deal with the Pat Friend/AFA Drama?

Sincere question to the group.

Do you think the rejection was a rejection of the concept of organized labor or rejection of the AFA?

Organized labor ! After watching what happened to the AMFA-backed mechanics and the way other unions didn't back them..............to watch companies ship jobs over seas because of unions and to see unions like the SEIU and their thug-mentality tactics, is enough to sway someone sitting on the fence !

Organized labor ! After watching what happened to the AMFA-backed mechanics and the way other unions didn't back them..............to watch companies ship jobs over seas because of unions and to see unions like the SEIU and their thug-mentality tactics, is enough to sway someone sitting on the fence !

Come on now, shipping jobs overseas has nothing to do with a union. If you believe that than you agree that non-union workers get paid less than unionized workers. Let Delta management tell it you have garbage wages under a contract. You say Unions are not what they use to be and they are at the lowest point when it comes to unionizing workers, but the majority of the workforce is non-union and unemployment is at a all time high. I don't hate being non-union, but I do understand my position as a non-union worker and I rather have a contract. I don't understand the dislike from some co-workers at Delta about having a union when they never been apart of one. Delta says give them 1yr, well how about giving the union a chance.

I think many do want a contract, however when faced with the promises made by the
AFA vs that of Delta, the majority probably thought the AFA just couldn't deliver.
Just shows how ineffective the AFA is.

Come on now, shipping jobs overseas has nothing to do with a union. If you believe that than you agree that non-union workers get paid less than unionized workers. Let Delta management tell it you have garbage wages under a contract. You say Unions are not what they use to be and they are at the lowest point when it comes to unionizing workers, but the majority of the workforce is non-union and unemployment is at a all time high. I don't hate being non-union, but I do understand my position as a non-union worker and I rather have a contract. I don't understand the dislike from some co-workers at Delta about having a union when they never been apart of one. Delta says give them 1yr, well how about giving the union a chance.

You seriously don't think that a union forcing a company to pay someone $45.00 an hour, to screw on 6 lug nuts is enough reason to force labor over seas ?

Someone needs a reality check !

You seriously don't think that a union forcing a company to pay someone $45.00 an hour, to screw on 6 lug nuts is enough reason to force labor over seas ?

Someone needs a reality check !

There's more than just the hourly wage of a person, in this whole union/non union thing.

But I know..YOU know that.

Think ...work rules..for starters, or would you prefer..Arbitration for unjust firing...instead ?

I'm curious.

Do you have Insurance on your Life ?
How about Insurance on your home/apt. ?
Might you have Insurance on your Car ?

nuff' said !

So, just to say you have a contract you would pick the most mismanaged company?
Alll in the name of having a piece of paper that really has proved not be be worth much?
besides, most states you HAVE to have insurance on a car/home.
Simply put, MAJORITY did NOT choose AFA. Says alot about them don't you think?
THREE TIMES we have said NO.
Besides, 80+ years without one says alot!

There's more than just the hourly wage of a person, in this whole union/non union thing.

But I know..YOU know that.

Think ...work rules..for starters, or would you prefer..Arbitration for unjust firing...instead ?

I'm curious.

Do you have Insurance on your Life ?
How about Insurance on your home/apt. ?
Might you have Insurance on your Car ?

nuff' said !

Would you buy life insurance who's terms and conditions are negotiated after your acceptance?
Would you buy homeowners/renters insurance who's terms and conditions are negotiated after your acceptance?
Would you buy auto insurance who's terms and conditions are negotiated after your acceptance?

Would anyone ever sign a any contract who's terms and conditions are negotiated after your acceptance?

No you wouldn't. Nor would I.

So, just to say you have a contract you would pick the most mismanaged company?
Alll in the name of having a piece of paper that really has proved not be be worth much?
besides, most states you HAVE to have insurance on a car/home.
Simply put, MAJORITY did NOT choose AFA. Says alot about them don't you think?
THREE TIMES we have said NO.
Besides, 80+ years without one says alot!

If you had to pick one, which union would you have preferred, then?

Thanx to very unwise voting by the majority of the DL (voting) F/a's, DL management can CHANGE Everything and Anything about the F/A's job, and NOBODY can do a DAM thing about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please prove me wrong.
I'll be here patiently waiting !

Latest posts

Back