Another expense for AA's 777

If Boeing is only 'urging' you know damn well the company won't do thing one until they are 'required' to via FAA directive.

You know AA, "Safety First*"

*Provided it isn't an actual detriment to operational flow, then it goes out the window.

Must be union propaganda, everyone knows that todays aircraft are perfect and dont require any maintenance and if they do its so easy a cavemen can do it, just ask Eoleson.

Oh, I'm sure the he will have the answer.

Another RR engine problem. AA should have went with the GE engines. They proved to be the better of the three. Now AA will pay to keep the fleet flying. Maybe AA will option for the 777-300ER with the GE engines.
Why not? Longer Range, More capacity. Win Win deal. Perfect fit for those Long Asian routes that AA wants from the JAL OneWorld deal.

That sucks for RR operators!!!!!!
Most likely RR will cover some of the cost to repair a defective part!!!!!
I don't know what will cost more converting the RR to GE or just repairing the problem!!!!!

That sucks for RR operators!!!!!!
Most likely RR will cover some of the cost to repair a defective part!!!!!
I don't know what will cost more converting the RR to GE or just repairing the problem!!!!!
My guess is that RR had nothing to do with the TRs. The same company made the tr for rr may have made the TRs for GE.

Another RR engine problem. AA should have went with the GE engines. They proved to be the better of the three. Now AA will pay to keep the fleet flying. Maybe AA will option for the 777-300ER with the GE engines.
Why not? Longer Range, More capacity. Win Win deal. Perfect fit for those Long Asian routes that AA wants from the JAL OneWorld deal.
B777-300er are for Asian market that AA doesn't have!!!!!! B777-2ER does a good job for AA!!!!!
They only go to one city in Asia they don't need other A/C for now!!!!!!! They don't need more capacity!!!!!JAL is a foreign carrier their agreements with those countries for those routes cant be transfer to a American company because the agreement for those routes are own by Japanese government. That why only NW and UA have HUBs in NRT those agreement are old and only given to those carriers unless open skies agreement is reach with japan and the us that would change!!!! Why you think it was so hard to get in to LHR!!!!!

If Boeing is only 'urging' you know damn well the company won't do thing one until they are 'required' to via FAA directive.

Boeing is only "urging" because they haven't quite figured out their financial liability yet... If it's a design flaw (likely) then they're on the hook for the retrofit kits and some of the labor expense, and that's not going to be a small chunk of change.

Bob, what's the average time on wing for a Trent these days??

Bob, what's the average time on wing for a Trent these days??

Funny you mention that. Just the other day I was at work discussing this matter. We talked about how much superior the GE engine was over the RR. We found several 767's with 25,000 hrs plus on them. Some where still original with times identical on both engines. To get an average for the Trent engine (777) it is hard to say. We have been plagued with problems from the beginning. We had that rash of gear box failures leading to engine shutdowns. We had a bunch with engine vibs causing diversions. I am sure there were more problems that I do not remember.

Back